Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burglar cut off artist's fingers...

Comments

Sure he probaly had a drug addiction, which means he can do that to any of us and get away with it. Desparate childhood and all that b*****

bastards, like him should be left like a vegetable. Slice his arms and legs off, cut out his tongue, puncture his eardrums, and blind him as well. So he cant move, touch anything see or hear anything. i'd leave him like a f****** pea.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Psychologist: Yea, he's daft in the head and an utter scumbag. Lock him up permanently in the basesment, melt that key into a coin and let's go eat.

The judge is the one needing a psych, if he cant see what the rest of us see.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

i live in the same apartment block (well obviously not anymore)as him!
    there is nothing really i can say. i was at his court appearance in a professional capacity.
    prison does not rehabilitate. it only makes it worse.
    i personally blame the people of ireland for their political correctness and bull****.
    its all well and good saying throw away the key but unfortunately in our society today the perp has more rights than the victim. the key will NEVER be thrown away!
    he served his time on remand. he probably won't get much more. :(

on a lighter note the girl got married a few months ago. i wish her and her new husband all the best x

this is a matter close to my heart as i knew kenny and the girl in question very well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Got talking to a garda one time when I was in court as a witness. The guy on trial had something like 45 convictions. The garda was saying that the judges are so far removed from normal society that they really don't know what it's like to be a 'normal' person, and the sentences they hand out are pathetic. The garda said it was incredibly frustrating as the same people would pop up in court on trial. The judiciary in this country are living in cloud-cuckoo land. I guess they're from the same ilk as a lot of the politicians. 'Our betters' as Martin Mansergh once described them. Absolute joke.

But aren't they bound by the constitution or something? A friend of mine studying law explained to me one time that they can't give harsher sentences because otherwise the criminal would appeal and they'd get off scot free. So clearly it's not a problem with the judges but rather the system they work within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Aeronautical engineers have to sign a piece of paper after they have worked on an aircraft that it is fit to fly. If the plane crashes due to mechanical failure the engineer faces a long strech inside.

Its a pity they dont have that for Judges and/or Parole boards.

syklops wrote: »
    Aeronautical engineers have to sign a piece of paper after they have worked on an aircraft that it is fit to fly. If the plane crashes due to mechanical failure the engineer faces a long strech inside.

Its a pity they dont have that for Judges and/or Parole boards.
    wouldn't you think? unfortunately its all a play - its all drama. depends on how the judge feels on the day and how many backhanders he/she gets from the defense.
    its a disgrace. but i'm not surprised anymore. i saw too much to be surprised anymore.
    but after all we live in a human rights society. they have their human rights. oh if you could see their face once they tell their sob sorry to the judge with crocodile tears and all and then walk past the door and laugh and jeer in your face - its a totally different world.
    i used to show emotion - i have learned to not show emotion anymore. this is the way it is - i have accepted this.

But aren't they bound by the constitution or something? A friend of mine studying law explained to me one time that they can't give harsher sentences because otherwise the criminal would appeal and they'd get off scot free. So clearly it's not a problem with the judges but rather the system they work within.
    the other poster was right. your friend is only studying. practicality and theory are two different things altogether. i would advise your friend to delve into the real world and put down the books.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

the other poster was right. your friend is only studying. practicality and theory are two different things altogether. i would advise your friend to delve into the real world and put down the books.

TBF she's only in 2nd year of a law course, so it's not like she has real world experience. :P

TBF she's only in 2nd year of a law course, so it's not like she has real world experience. :P
    yeah thats what i mean. no bother. it just annoys me when people have no life experience. and just preach from theory. :D

i feel quite strongly about this. this guy was a odd job man taken on by our management company. she let him in because she trusted him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

This is one issue where I wish Ireland was more like America. He would have never gotten the chance to commit this latest crime as he would have gotten a lot more than four years for his previous offence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

From Finglas and here was me thinking he might of been from Howth:rolleyes:

Theres a lovely refreshing sound of silence from the Liberals and do-gooders.

I expected them all in the thread crying and whining about the guys poor aul childhood. telling us how we never walked a mile in Kennys shoes...how his aulfella battered him, and he had to go robbing and stealing.

:rolleyes:

Domo230 wrote: »
    How the f*** did he only get 4 years for that?

He should have been locked up for life.
    Its times like these that the death penalty sounds like a good cheap solution.
    this happens all the time. it is a reflection of our politically correct human rights society. that is all i can say.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Theres a lovely refreshing sound of silence from the Liberals and do-gooders.

I expected them all in the thread crying and whining about the guys poor aul childhood. telling us how we never walked a mile in Kennys shoes...how his aulfella battered him, and he had to go robbing and stealing.

:rolleyes:
    give them time - they always get the upper hand - that is just the way it is. you would know that none of them have never been affected by real brutal crime in their lifetime. they reach out and help these scumbags. the samaritans and st vincent de paul are the worst culprits! the whole legal system is to blame. love to know how they can sleep in their beds at night but money talks and conscience goes out the window.

i will say this now. i was at his trial. i am a prison officer. i lived with him. i will treat him the same as any other because if you don't you will just go mad.

that is the only road i can go down. i treat them all the same. if i didn't i would go mad:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I agree with a lot of what you say bitter_lemon, but not about the St Vincent dePaul or the Samaritans. They both do seriously good work in the community. Work government should be doing. I really don't see how they can be put within an asses roar of "liberal do gooders".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

I'm just a normal guy, and in the past most of the time i would have had sympathy and try to figure out as to why a perpetrator would have committed such a crime, and look at ways society as a whole could help rehabilitate certain individuals........ But those sentiments have long since left me:mad: i'm sick of hearing **** like this, four bloody years, it makes me ill ! If that girl was a relation/friend of mine i would be fuming at the "system", and would make it my personal business to meet up with the guy in the near future, im not proud of saying that....but Jesus, FOUR YEARS !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

4 years sounds utterly daft. Is it me or do assaults during burglary count for less when sentencing is handed out? Or is it that the main charge is the burglary and the assault becomes secondary? I can't imagine the same human detritus getting off with 4 years if he had attacked two people in the street and stabbed one of them 14 times.

I'll quite happily state this though. In the event of me finding an intruder in my home, he or they better pray they have the upper hand, because if I do...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you say bitter_lemon, but not about the St Vincent dePaul or the Samaritans. They both do seriously good work in the community. Work government should be doing. I really don't see how they can be put within an asses roar of "liberal do gooders".
    let me set the scene. i used to loads of work with human rights but i have changed a full circuit.
    i am sure they do good vital work in the communities where people want to change (i have seen their work and i agree) and i do admire that but not in prisons.

i do admire your passion. really i do. ;) (i was that soldier)
    but this thread is about some scumbag being in prison. and it galls me to see the smaritans trying to smuggle them in smokes. you know (i hope) and i know that they are just making a laugh of them. the amount of times i have seen them ringing the helpline for "a laugh". they do it to their face even. and when they visit it is just a circus. i think they are not aware of this. i don't know why. its so obvious. they are used and abused. but bless them if they do not realise that they are so so not streetwise. but hey if it makes themselves feel better about themselves :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

WHAT THE FUCK CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS???

When people say that all we do is complain and shout "Rise up against this bullshyte" on boards.ie and do nothing in real life, I want to ask where the feck do I start? I don't know anything about the judiciary system other than it being a worthless ball of shyte.

Who can we email or call? Whoever we just elected - can they do anything about this?

This man deserves to be stabbed in the face, tortured by blowtorch to the japs eye, then thrown into the middle of the Atlantic.

Back in the day, he would have had a welcoming committee of the other wags in prison. The used to have what they called the Jockey Club, years ago in the joy, mainly welcoming the Nonces.
    Nowadays, they are all cut from the same cloth. Prison will be easy for him.
    No hot oil and sugar for him. Mores the pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

tommy21 wrote: »
    The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Four years???? Wtf? Would stabbing someone TEN times be considered attempted murder?

How do you only get four years for that?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HicksLennon

Just took this from a newspaper article and cannot believe it.... 4 years

Kenny has a number of previous convictions for theft and a conviction for a serious assault. In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Now he's got 16years. It seems unbelievable how a monster like was initially only given 4 years!!!???? Absolutely crazy. Cannot understand it. He gets out and then butchers an artist... What a system we have...

He will be let out again and will probably offend again... Absolutely awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Instances like this I wish Ireland was more like Iran. the artist's hands are borne of crafting, creative, caring this guy was a destructive thief and a mug whose hands' only creative pontential in comparison was masturbating

To just cut his hands off is the ultimate retribution and perturbing solution here, does the victim have that option? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Just took this from a newspaper article and cannot believe it.... 4 years

Kenny has a number of previous convictions for theft and a conviction for a serious assault. In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Now he's got 16years. It seems unbelievable how a monster like was initially only given 4 years!!!???? Absolutely crazy. Cannot understand it. He gets out and then butchers an artist... What a system we have...

He will be let out again and will probably offend again... Absolutely awful

oh look, its groundhog day! all of that was covered in the first few posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

give them time - they always get the upper hand - that is just the way it is. you would know that none of them have never been affected by real brutal crime in their lifetime. they reach out and help these scumbags. the samaritans and st vincent de paul are the worst culprits! the whole legal system is to blame. love to know how they can sleep in their beds at night but money talks and conscience goes out the window.

i will say this now. i was at his trial. i am a prison officer. i lived with him. i will treat him the same as any other because if you don't you will just go mad.

that is the only road i can go down. i treat them all the same. if i didn't i would go mad:mad:

So, this post, and much of the thread made me think of this little gem:

http://youtu.be/pNID0kQrDk8

Remember, trying to understand and address the causes of crime is the exact same as excusing it. ****in' St. Vincent de Paul!

As it happens, 16 years seems to meet the gravity of the crime in this case. Which is refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Stories like this make me ashamed to be Irish.

Our legal system is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Dave! wrote: »
    I don't trust the judiciary in this country one bit, they are absolute handicaps.
    And not paid half enough, so they think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

breaking in to someone's house and harming them in any way should be a mandatory death sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hope someone cuts off his fingers in prison, poor woman has the real life sentence here, he deserves the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

breaking in to someone's house and harming them in any way should be a mandatory death sentence

merely passing the washing line with that in mind equates to crossing the line tbh.

I recommend we all sift right from wrong in order to become judge and jury because this beuracratic shìt ain't workig. No guns though, no cowards. electrified barge pole if you must

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hopefully all this guys fingers will be cut off in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

How long will this ****er actually serve in prison before he is free to re-offend? The key should be thrown away on scum like this and life imprisonment on a chain gang should be the sentence but let's rehabilitate him instead. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Someone call Dexter;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Instances like this I wish Ireland was more like Iran. the artist's hands are borne of crafting, creative, caring this guy was a destructive thief and a mug whose hands' only creative pontential in comparison was masturbating

Why stop there. I'd cut off his balls too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

16 years..ffs, nowhere near long enough for a repeat offender with a history of sadistic violence. I don't support the death penalty but life in prison until he dies should be the only option in a case like this, he's clearly a massive threat to the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

tommy21 wrote: »
    In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

The only sentence that fella should get involves an axe and chopping block.

As to the four year sentence for the above paragraph, thank you liberal Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

He's just scum... throw away the fking key.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

I think part of the problem here is certainly - as pointed out - the ridiculously short sentence handed out. But also, the lad is going to be in the joke of a system that the liberals have reduced our prison system to. He will most likely spend his time learning from other complete scumbags, hitting the gym to become more of a physical threat and chilling out and watching telly at the tax payers expense the rest of the time.

Prison is meant to be a deterrent. A lot of these scumbags do not see it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ah yes, the liberals fault!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Dave! wrote: »
    4 years?!

Go and fvcking sh*te.

I don't trust the judiciary in this country one bit, they are absolute handicaps.

Are you calling the good name of the Judiciary into question?

Cause I lol'd there :D

You're dead fcuking right too.

This is just one of those other unbelievable things that happen here.

There's no re-educating this animal anyway.
    What's the point in trying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Horrible story,I know its just repeating the same attitude as others have here but how the **** did he only get 4 years for that 1st offence?10-15 at the very least for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'm not sure which is more revolting, what he did to that woman or the sentence he got.

This ****ing country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

bradlente wrote: »
    Horrible story,I know its just repeating the same attitude as others have here but how the **** did he only get 4 years for that 1st offence?10-15 at the very least for me.

Horrible story and crime.
    But the Judge is limited by the fact it's a first offence, and 10-15 years is for murder which is at the extreme end of the sclae.
    I did Jury Duty and they have to be reasonable in terms of what they hand out for a sentence, like a Paedophile gets 7 years and the Herald and The Star newspapers are up in arms and want 30 years or whatever, the Judge can't hand out those kind of sentences, or he/she will be over-ruled by the High Court when the criminal and their lawyers ask for a retrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

How long will this ****er actually serve in prison before he is free to re-offend? The key should be thrown away on scum like this and life imprisonment on a chain gang should be the sentence but let's rehabilitate him instead. :mad:

Twelve years, If he was already on remand before the trial the sentence was possibly backdated to include remand time.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

Dotrel wrote: »
    Why stop there. I'd cut off his balls too.

Maybe preventing this dirtbag from breeding is not a bad idea at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

TheUsual wrote: »
    Horrible story and crime.
    But the Judge is limited by the fact it's a first offence, and 10-15 years is for murder which is at the extreme end of the sclae.
    I did Jury Duty and they have to be reasonable in terms of what they hand out for a sentence, like a Paedophile gets 7 years and the Herald and The Star newspapers are up in arms and want 30 years or whatever, the Judge can't hand out those kind of sentences, or he/she will be over-ruled by the High Court when the criminal and their lawyers ask for a retrial.

Life is actually the only sentence permitted for murder in Ireland.
    I think your mixing it up with Manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

charlemont wrote: »
    Life is actually the only sentence permitted for murder in Ireland.
    I think your mixing it up with Manslaughter.

Life is never life here, as far as I know there is nobody here in prison for life in Ireland.
    I know in Britain that the Yorkshire ripper was refused release 2 years ago and will die in prison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_Ripper

You get time off for good behaviour as well here so murder would be typically 12 to 15 years. I could be wrong.

Manslaughter means you did not intend to kill the person or it was self-defence so a lower sentence would be applied there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Armed robbery? The bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

TheUsual wrote: »
    Life is never life here, as far as I know there is nobody here in prison for life in Ireland.
    I know in Britain that the Yorkshire ripper was refused release 2 years ago and will die in prison. .

Malcolm mcarthur probably will as well.He has been in prison for 30 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

This is too much. Wasn't there a thread a few days ago here too where a guy attacked a ticket warden with a hammer and got another 4 seconds in prison because he was unwell.

The people handing out these sentences need to be punished.

And this good behaviour thing really need to be looked at, just because there are no easy victims in prison to attack doesn't mean a person has learned the error of their ways.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement