Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coin Mech

• 03-03-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on building up an arcade machine of some sort later in the year, I hope.
    I was wondering if anyone here has built one that uses a coin mech and how easy is it to adjust the weight of the coins excepted?

Basically I have some arcade tokens from Japan that I want to use and they are fairly light and not as heavy as a normal Euro coin.

dsc3282v.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Im pretty sure they have a slot on the inside you stick a coin in, and the ones you insert then have to match that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    Im pretty sure they have a slot on the inside you stick a coin in, and the ones you insert then have to match that one?

Really! That's kind of cool.

Thanks

Im sure thats how they work, check and make sure though before you buy, there may be different types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    Im sure thats how they work, check and make sure though before you buy, there may be different types.

Yeah I will. It will be a while before I get to that stage anyway so was just wondering. Have to decide what type of machine to build first, and how.

I was in the same position as you, albeit with no experience with woodwork etc. Im nearly finished my one now. hopefully be done in the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The amount of people building and buying cabs in here lately is insane! Long may it continue :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

o1s1n wrote: »
    The amount of people building and buying cabs in here lately is insane! Long may it continue :)
    Here here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

As Keithgeo said, you place the coin inside to set the size.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/comparablecoinmech.htm

Advertisement