Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHOTOWALK IN GALWAY

• 03-03-2011 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

SATURDAY 2ND APRIL 2011
    I HAVE USED ONE OF THE IDEAS FROM THE PREVIOUS GALWAY WALK:
    MEETING AT 11 AT THE FOUNTAIN IN EYRE SQUARE—DOWN SHOP STREET THROUGH THE MARKET-HEAD DOWN TOWARDS THE QUAYS– OVER WOLFE TONE BRIDGE– AROUND BY THE PIER AND SOUTHPARK - AND FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO FEEL THEY HAVINT ENOUGH PHOTOS TAKEN AT THAT STAGE WE CAN GO BACK THROUGH SALTHILL AND ALONG THE PROM. I WILL HAVE A PHONE NUMBER AT A LATER DATE FOR ANYONE WHO GETS LOST OR GOES OFF SHOPPING…….THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE NOT JUST THE SPIDEAL CAMERA CLUB—ANYONE OUTSIDE THE GALWAY AREA—ACCOMADATION CAN BE ARRANGED WITH LOCAL HOTELS
    CONTACT caroline010@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'll hopefully make this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 caroline010

Brillent stuff...hopefully there will be a good few from the spideal photography group aswell so it will be a great day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

will most likely attend if thats ok. im based in galway now.

Brillent stuff Dan thats no trouble feel free to join us...you will be alble to meet some of your new neighbours!

Brillent stuff Dan thats no trouble feel free to join us...you will be alble to meet some of your new neighbours!

Thanks Caroline, I badly need to meet new people up here. Haha don't half sound desperate.

• Advertisement

I run a camera club in Spideal if you want to join us....loads of locals.....next meeting is wednesday 9th march at 8pm in the spideal library....loads of stuff coming up, outings, exhibitions and they are a great bunch feel free to join us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 afewscoops

I will be there.

I run a camera club in Spideal if you want to join us....loads of locals.....next meeting is wednesday 9th march at 8pm in the spideal library....loads of stuff coming up, outings, exhibitions and they are a great bunch feel free to join us

Caroline, thanks for the great offer but it would be infeasible as i don't drive. and spideal from the city is a fair trek.Be up for the walk though.

no problems sure we will see the day of the photowalk anyway and 9 times out of 10 our outings are in town anyway

Great stuff a fewscoops see you then...and pass on the word!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Will try to make it also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I was told about this. Not sure if I'll go.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'll hopefully make this.

Sorry, I wont' be able to make it.

No probs Dineenp we will probably be aranging another one during the summer aswell

we are promised the weather from hell here on Saturday so we will have to play it by ear...fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Bad weather plus expensive camera gear! :eek:

Just looked at askmoby, usually fairly on the money weather wise, and they are saying Cloudy/Dry, 11 Deg, 25km moderate winds. An average day, anything but rain is just perfect.

And in saying that, the last photowalk I went on we spent a while huddling from the rain and it was good fun.

How did the walk go? When people have a chance could they post up some pics or links?
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Thanks to everyone who attended the photowalk it was a great day...(cant believe Im just getting around to posting now)

since the walk we have a new website
    http://www.wix.com/spidealphotoclub/spideal-photo-club

and we are also on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Spideal-Photography-Group/271954779531

on the discussions tab we have absouletly loads on (how to do) everything from f stops to photoshopping

we have a huge exhibition coming up in the City Library Arts Festival Week ...details are still a very well kept secret but it promises to be different......and ((brillent)) .....of course :cool:

Any other camera club who wishes to join us for outings or talks are very welcome to do so,,,
    regards to all.....have a great day....

Advertisement