Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lees road running track

• 03-03-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Guys do any of you know, can anyone use the running track or do you have to be affiliated with a club or something like that?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Im not in Ennis much these days but when I am I still head down there and I'm not affiliated with any Ennis clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Thanks for that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

it's a public amenity so anyone can use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Anyone can use it. Its generally open during the day but clubs/groups tend to use it a lot week nights from 6-8 so its a bit crowded.

There where rumors UDC/Council will impose a charge of €2 for its use in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

ger664 wrote: »
    There where rumors UDC/Council will impose a charge of €2 for its use in the future.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Wow, what's next, turnstiles at the riverwalk with coinslots, entry fee into Ennis town center, coin operated toilets (oh wait...), toll boths (or are there...?), having to pay to get into the country (could have sworn there was something...), maybe in the future we will all be fitted with satellite tracker devices and we will have to pay for every meter we move, the air we breathe, etc...
    I swear to God it is getting ridiculous, next we..., no can't think of any worse examples that what we already have to pay for...
    Any other country amenities are there for the good of the people, not to make a quick buck, there would be sport tracks, fitness tracks with basic exercise equipment and millions of clubs you can join for half nothing.
    Yes the country is struggling, but there has to be a line somewhere dictated by basic human decency.
    Ah, got one more:
    Next you'll have to pay an entrance fee for the public park and at the play area.
    I'm sure someone form the council is reading this, nodding and taking notes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement