Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to spray painting inside of house?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how much it would cost to spray paint fresh plaster on inside of a new house in Donegal area. House about 2300 sq foot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sollar wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know how much it would cost to spray paint fresh plaster on inside of a new house in Donegal area. House about 2300 sq foot.
    Why not try one of your friendly Donegal forum mods for a price....and no, it's not me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

muffler wrote: »
    Why not try one of your friendly Donegal forum mods for a price....and no, it's not me :)

Hi Muffler,

Which one is it?

sollar wrote: »
    Hi Muffler,

Which one is it?
    Dont be confused between mods and Category mods - there's just 2 mods on the Donegal forum and as its not me it must be........ ;)

See the bottom of the front page on the Donegal forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Guy from Leitrim did ours. 3100 sq ft. 2 coats on walls, 3 on ceilings.
    €600 including paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JuniorB wrote: »
    €600 including paint.

Could you pm me details please. Is this spray painting to get an initial coat on or what? I haven't looked into painting yet but this sounds very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

got a house sprayed last year 2600 sq . 250 euro for two coats all door frames and windows taped. had to buy paint at that price. if you,re buying paint yourself theres only set types suitable for spraying. quick drying being the main characteristic.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

Has anybody done this in Cork? Please PM if you have good or bad experience.

We should be finishing plastering in the next 2 weeks, so this is my next plan.
    How long should plaster be left to dry? Its just skim on plasterboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've been told six weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Youll know the plaster is dry when it turns pinky/white.about 2 weeks usually if you have weather like this,leave the windows open every day if you can.

spraying is fine for finishing ceilings or base coating walls,its not really suitable for finish coat on walls.The reason being is if your carpenter or sparky marks or scratches the paint,you will not be able to touch it up again.

It is a good idea to spray two coats of white on the ceilings and walls first,it cuts down on painting labour and the amount of paint needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mckenman

JuniorB wrote: »
    €600 including paint.

Hi, would you send me on his number, sounds like a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I am having mine done (1600sq ft) for €400 + paint in Westmeath.

One guy quoted me €3000!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

Anyone know of anyone down in de sunny south east that spraying the inside of house's for reasonable money. Waterford / South Kilkenny area to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muppet_2008

I'm currently building a house at the moment and at the stage where I'm ready for the inside of the house to be painted now. I am looking to get the house spray painted. I was wondering if anyone could PM me the number for someone who does this? I'm based in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Did you get any feedback on this?

kcb wrote: »
    Did you get any feedback on this?
    It doesnt help dragging up old threads. You could have sent a PM.

In any event he hasnt been logged in since November 2012 so there wont be a reply.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement