Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Union Elections

• 03-03-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

When are the SU elections this year?

I hope those useless (my opinion) wasters Gary, Emma and Kate don't stand again. People should only be allowed do one term.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is Gary still there? he was in office when I was in 2nd year in 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lenovo Boy

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is Gary still there? he was in office when I was in 2nd year in 2006
    Yep, its ridiculous. Welfare Officer or some waffle like that, and WE think Ghaddafi's bad!

I remember when I was in 2nd year and we decided to try raising money for RAG week so I spent about 2 weeks working on a student calendar, got a professional photographer in (two actually!) bought a load of props and turned my house into a photo studio for 2 days. And then the guys in the student union said it would be inappropriate!

2 weeks of work and all I have to show for it is hundreds of pictures of scantily clad students :(

I remember when I was in 2nd year and we decided to try raising money for RAG week so I spent about 2 weeks working on a student calendar, got a professional photographer in (two actually!) bought a load of props and turned my house into a photo studio for 2 days. And then the guys in the student union said it would be inappropriate!

2 weeks of work and all I have to show for it is hundreds of pictures of scantily clad students :(
    Yeah, I know what you're saying. They can't decide whether they're coming or going most of the time and they've got the soft options too long.

I bet FEIC IT was going in your day too, in black and white Microsoft Word style, I hasten to add?

Yup, remember it well! Well who's opposing them this year?

• Advertisement

Yup, remember it well! Well who's opposing them this year?
    No idea, that's why I started this thread. Given the political changes in the macro environment, I thought there might be a potential challenge after all this time. Though most people are probably thoroughly disinterested.

Talk about resting on your laurels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BJShea

I feel the Student Union are doing a fantastic job. Why don't you run OP if you believe they are so bad?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

It must be March....... The same thing happens every year, posters giving out about the current SU but not running or doing anything themselves!!

C'mon lads, get a mandate together and run or support someone running :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AspiretoAcer

Ms Happy wrote: »
    It must be March....... The same thing happens every year, posters giving out about the current SU but not running or doing anything themselves!!

C'mon lads, get a mandate together and run or support someone running :)

Why bother? There'd be nothing to moan about if the college was in any way decent.

Why bother? There'd be nothing to moan about if the college was in any way decent.

• Advertisement

I knew they **************************** were deliberately screwing things up. I mean you could screw things up as well as they do accidentally.

Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BJShea

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

Don't feed the troll! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

TBH we need fresh blood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

How bad!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

i think that you should only be allowed to hold one term in the students union that way it would always keep it fresh have new people every year coming up with new ideas the whole time, that way people could never really complain about the students union

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

tomottosam wrote: »
    i think that you should only be allowed to hold one term in the students union that way it would always keep it fresh have new people every year coming up with new ideas the whole time, that way people could never really complain about the students union

That sounds like a bad idea, otherwise how can the carry on with there promised plans? not everything can be sorted in one year

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

tbh i think that the out-going SU did a good job!

I'm running myself this year but i'm gonna leave the politics off here !!

Advertisement