Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most played game online??

• 03-03-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Most played game online??

I just started playing Bad Company 2 and there seems to be a good lot online but I thought there'd be more.

That said its been out a while so people are probably playin other games now.

So what is the most played game online?

Is there a top 10 list?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

At a guess the most online played game at the min would have to Black Ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I'd say Black Ops has gotta be the most. Was over 2 million online the last time I played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'd imagine a list would contain Blops, Halo, Gears, Madden, fifa and pro evo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd imagine a list would contain Blops, Halo, Gears, Madden, fifa and pro evo

Surpised if Gears is still up there.

The others dont suprise me one bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ah gears still has a big enough following (well on my friends list anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Major Nelson posts these up fairly regularly:

LIVE Activity for week of February 7

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
    1 Call of Duty: Black Ops
    2 Modern Warfare 2
    3 Halo: Reach
    4 FIFA Soccer 11
    5 NBA 2K11
    6 GTA IV
    7 Madden NFL 11
    8 Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
    9 Call of Duty 4
    10 Red Dead Redemption
    11 Call of Duty: WaW
    12 Halo 3
    13 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    14 Gears of War 2
    15 NHL 11
    16 Forza Motorsport 3
    17 Dead Space 2
    18 Fallout: New Vegas
    19 EA SPORTS Fight Night Champion Demo (Full Game)
    20 Left 4 Dead 2

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)

1 Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
    2 Stacking
    3 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
    4 Pinball FX 2
    5 Serious Sam HD: TFE
    6 Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels
    7 DEAD RISING 2: CASE WEST
    8 Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
    9 Space Invaders Infinity Gene
    10 Trials HD
    11 Galaga Legions
    12 DEAD RISING 2: CASE ZERO
    13 Castle Crashers
    14 Game Room*
    15 LIMBO
    16 A World of Keflings
    17 Plants vs. Zombies
    18 ilomilo
    19 UNO
    20 Peggle

The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.
    *Combined sales of all Game Room titles

Can't believe Dead Space 2 was still being played online 10 days after release...it's pure muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I would imagine Black ops would be the most played online game. Modern Warfare 2 is enough for me at the minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tech3 wrote: »
    I would imagine Black ops would be the most played online game. Modern Warfare 2 is enough for me at the minute!

MW2 is grand until you go into a hacked lobby and loose everything!! :mad:

This is why I moved away from it. The thoughts of having to get all my guns etc back was just too much for me.
    Was getting tired of it anyway to be honest. Time for a change.

Enter Bad Company 2. :D

I would have thought battle field 2 would be a lot higher on the list and MW2 a lot lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    I would have thought battle field 2 would be a lot higher on the list and MW2 a lot lower.

The thing is, anyone can pick of any CoD game and just go on a kill spree and feel the dogs danglys for that instant fix.

BF2, you need to play tactically to win, balance team classes etc. You can have the most kills on BF2 and still lose. Too much thinking and communication required for your average COD gamer demographic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The thing is, anyone can pick of any CoD game and just go on a kill spree and feel the dogs danglys for that instant fix.

BF2, you need to play tactically to win, balance team classes etc. You can have the most kills on BF2 and still lose. Too much thinking and communication required for your average COD gamer demographic.

Yeah but thats what makes it good. Hence its still 2nd on the list 2 years on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yeah but thats what makes it good. Hence its still 2nd on the list 2 years on.

No sense in starting a BC2 vs COD argument but I agree with this, I felt completely alienated playing BC2 because I never usually played online, played Black Ops and I'm now at my 4th or 5th prestige. COD is designed to be more accessible, something that's needed to counterbalance games such as BC2.

Both need to exist really is the point I'd make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

I'd consider myself to be a CoD gamer, been playing the series since Cod 4, having played the original BC I was skeptical about how I'd be in the sequel. Suprisingly I was pretty decent, I think I had about a 2.50 Win/Loss ratio and a positive Kill/Death ratio :D . The reason I stopped playing was that you had people just playing for themselves and not trying to help out teammates. :mad:
    Hopefully BF3 can remedy this...
    EDIT Heres my stats
    BilboFraginz.png

I think one of the biggest difference was that there is more of a risen to keeping playing COD over BF2 ie prestige. What i mean be this is be very early on in the ranking system in bf2 you had all the weapons and gadgets unlock but with CoD you decide to weather prestige or not and start collect again thus giving it a more replay valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I've taken to Red Dead Redemption recently multiplayer is class :D

Advertisement