Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC rollout plans

• 03-03-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

I live in Enniscorthy which is a traditional cable town which has had cable tv for roughly 30 years.The service is still the old analogue service.
    My question is when if ever will UPC upgrade towns such as Enniscorthy to digital TV and more importantly fibre broadband,as it stands all thats available is eircom and it's resellers or imagine wimax,I won't mention the dongles(not broadband)
    It's a pain knowing that UPC have infrastructure in the area but no idea of when we are getting upgraded.I currently have 2mb fixed wireless which is very stable with unlimited downloads however like everyone I'd like faster access.
    Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would think they will do the old Chorus towns like Enniscorthy and Ballinasloe last. At the rate they are going you are looking at 2014 earliest and 2015-2016 more likely. Sligo and Roscommon were the last towns to get their Digital TV...in 2007. Sligo has some BB already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Isn't Wexford and Buncrana still on analogue? I suspect parts of Trim may have only recently had digital cable provided (i.e. not through MMDS)

Advertisement