Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones

Options
  • 03-03-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone know where I can pick up some earphones like these cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Play have a deal on Sennheiser MXL 60 Street II Headphones for €6.49 delivered. You may have to use the E1RE postcode trick or BT1 1AA to get them delivered. I ordered a couple of pairs myself recently and they arrived no problem. Very good sound excellent for Ipod's etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

yeah think I will get them off Amazon thanks Clive

woidi thanks but those are not in-ear buds, I hate the old style ones

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I bought some off eBay, loads of choice and all prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone having problems with these earphones not lasting very long? (eg one ear failing after a few weeks?).

Maybe it's just me, but my iTouch seems to eat earphones every few weeks no matter what make. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

el diablo wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with these earphones not lasting very long? (eg one ear failing after a few weeks?). :(

yep thats why I am buying another set ;)

got about 10 months from my present pair (CX300-II) probably the longest to last me in a while so I am buying another set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

woidoi wrote: »
    Play have a deal on Sennheiser MXL 60 Street II Headphones for €6.49 delivered. You may have to use the E1RE postcode trick or BT1 1AA to get them delivered. I ordered a couple of pairs myself recently and they arrived no problem. Very good sound excellent for Ipod's etc.

How do you use the E1RE trick. Do you say your from the UK and put in E1RE into the postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

That's it exactly! If you've bought CD's, dvd's before off them you will be better setting up a new account (different e-mail address). Just set the country selector to UK but make sure you enter your full location and Country in the form, you can keep your name the same so it would be

Mr/s Hairy Nipple
    47 Hairsute Lawn
    Nipplestown
    Co, Dublin, Ireland
    United Kingdom (they put this bit in)
    E1RE

Sometimes the delivery time are longish so don't panic. I've done it this way for many many things and I haven't had one go missing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I've mine over two years now, pre version 11 ones, and no matter how often they snag on something or get reefed from my ears they still work perfectly. I'm thinking now though that I should have a replacement pair to hand for when they do eventually die.

Steer clear of Ebay, nothing but fakes there:
    http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Fake-Sennheiser-CX300-Earphones-on-ebay-How-to-spot_W0QQugidZ10000000002769798

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

That's it exactly! If you've bought CD's, dvd's before off them you will be better setting up a new account (different e-mail address). Just set the country selector to UK but make sure you enter your full location and Country in the form, you can keep your name the same so it would be

Mr/s Hairy Nipple
    47 Hairsute Lawn
    Nipplestown
    Co, Dublin, Ireland
    E1RE

Sometimes the delivery time are longish so don't panic. I've done it this way for many many things and I haven't had one go missing yet!

Thanks Woidoi,

They are now priced €14(typical!). Do you think they worth that anyways? or can anyone see anything any better for that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/in-ear-stereo-earbuds-3-5mm-metallic-orange-4319

Cheap enough not to worry about leaving them anywhere and grand sound quality. Pretty comfortable too. Free P&P.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Mr/s Hairy Nipple
    47 Hairsute Lawn
    Nipplestown
    Co, Dublin, Ireland
    E1RE

so does that mean you only pay the UK delivery rate rather than the Europe rate if they offered that also?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Auvers wrote: »
    Hi anyone know where I can pick up some earphones like these cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks
    Hi,

Are the ones on mymemory fake?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

Skullcandy do some really good earphones I remember getting some in TKMax for £9.99 the original price was £29.99 but I got them for a bargin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

colm21 wrote: »
    Skullcandy do some really good earphones I remember getting some in TKMax for £9.99 the original price was £29.99 but I got them for a bargin :D

Do they still offer to reimburse 50% of the price if you break them through abnormal wear and tear? Because if so that's a serious money making scheme right there!

Advertisement