Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok to have a beer at 2.30pm?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'd murder a pint. Alas no, I'm saving myself for the celebration of our patron saint, in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Day scoops rule! Morning Scoops even more so. Provided that is you don't have to go to work, in which case it's probably best to go the tea and toast route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Absolutely its ok. Guilty as charged myself more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If I was off during the week I'd have been out for a pint at eleven.

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Not a thing wrong with having a few in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I don't want to live in a world where it is not ok.
    Drink up my friend, drink up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'd often go for a pint after morning lectures in college around half 11, nothing wrong with one or two now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

RichieC wrote: »
    It's not a bad beer at all... I like my beer and Tuborg I'd buy before I go anywhere near Heineken or Bud.

no a+ but disgusting? hardly.

Aye. Tuborg is the nicest of the cheapo beers, much better than Bavaria and the likes.

There's nothing wrong with having a beer at 2.30. If you have a mental barrier to get around I find having it in a beer garden helps you get over it, or anywhere there's direct sunlight shining on you. Must be something to do with it being like your on holidays, and "I'm on my holliers" is excuse for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

i'm on my holidays. i work an average 80hr week. i don't give a **** i'm drinking :D
    i can't afford to go out at the mo. waiting on pay day badly! so yeah i'm having a few scoops! no bother....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I quiet often like to have a few scoops usually after 1pm in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Well #i can't see a problem with a drink or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

KurtRussel wrote: »
    I have a few bottles in the fridge and I just opened one without even thinking. I looked at the time and it's only 2.30. Am I an alco? Or is this normal. Do ye drink beer during the day?

seriously why ask a question like that, the question should be have I got enough beers to do me all day until the night club opens and for the party after the club?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Some important football matches start at 12:30 lunchtime and sometimes it is nice to have a decent pint when you are watching the match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭TheRevolution

To put this perspective, my dad is a cricket fanatic. He is also the owner of his own business. Yesterday he had a meeting for 1.30pm involving about 8-10 people but was watching the cricket all morning. He had a beer or two and called to say he was delayed and put the meeting back an hour. 2.30pm rolls around and he has his "final" beer and calls to say that hes still delayed and he'll be in for 3.30pm. By 3pm Kevin O'Brien is on and my dad is necking the beers and screaming him on. He is pretty drunk at this stage. 3.30pm comes around, this time he txts to say "still can't make it will try for 4.30, really sorry". He doesn't bother ringing or txting at 4.30pm, he is sweating profously and steaming drunk. The match ends and Ireland wins its 5pm and he txts everyone supposed to be at the meeting "Ireland just beat England in the cricket! Meeting is called off, everyone go home and enjoy the rest of this glorious day!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Your a ragin alco......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Look at it this way OP, it's evening time in the Orient. So if you stick with the Eastern beers then you should be OK, otherwise you have some serious drink issues if you are subconsciously opening a western beer during the day and posting about it on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

when im in spain or even on hols in kerry - or just having lunch out with a friend. i might have a beer with lunch. we cant afford to eat out or even drink out at the mo - so why not. so long as you arent getting sh*tfaced! - just thought - pretend its xmas day. its bucks fizz for brekkie in our house on xmas day (washed down with a selection box)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

it must be ok, why else would the offy be open at 2pm and closed at 11pm otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Nothing wrong with it at all. I spend a lot of time in the UK and many people over here go for a beer during their lunch break as its seeing as a sociable thing to do. In fact most the pubs are packed at lunch time and not by lager louts but rather those in white collar jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

mawk wrote: »
    it must be ok, why else would the offy be open at 2pm and closed at 11pm otherwise?

Because kids are in that school at that time and it obviously stops them drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

If you have to ask then you don't deserve that afternoon beer ... Give it here you bastard ...

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with it at all. I spend a lot of time in the UK and many people over here go for a beer during their lunch break as its seeing as a sociable thing to do. In fact most the pubs are packed at lunch time and not by lager louts but rather those in white collar jobs.

Yeah but the Brits are pr*icks so what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

yeah, have one a lunch today myself. was great

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

I live in Mexico and here people drink beer all day.

Not getting twisted drunk like we do but spacing say 10 beers out over the course of a 15 hours of "daytime" from the time they wake up.

For example it's now 3.43pm and I'm at work and I've had 3 or 4 beers today already.

To answer your question OP it depends where you are.

I live in Mexico and here people drink beer all day.

Not getting twisted drunk like we do but spacing say 10 beers out over the course of a 15 hours of "daytime" from the time they wake up.

For example it's now 3.43pm and I'm at work and I've had 3 or 4 beers today already.

To answer your question OP it depends where you are.

Be there in a while ... I can stay at your place right?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭captainjack

Blondini wrote: »
    Be there in a while ... I can stay at your place right?

You don't mind drinking Corona or Sol at 50cents a bottle?

You don't mind drinking Corona or Sol at 50cents a bottle?

Yabba daba dooo

Advertisement