Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

container for collecting rainwater

• 03-03-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I am looking for a plastic container 500-1000ltrs for collecting rainwater, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might get such a container?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

you can get ibc fairly handy just google ibc or look on done deal or adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭TheDietShop.ie

What does IBC mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I am looking for a plastic container 500-1000ltrs for collecting rainwater, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might get such a container?

A lot of garden centres stock them, with the gutter downpipe valves that divert water to the drum until its filled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ART6 wrote: »
    A lot of garden centres stock them, with the gutter downpipe valves that divert water to the drum until its filled.
    They're a lot smaller than 500 litres though, usually around 200, although you can cascade them.

They tend to be small and very expensive. I think the best way to go is with a 1000ltr ibc tank and retro-fit it.

Then all i need is some rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Here you go...
    http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/ibc

IBC's everywhere for €50-€75
    just be sure it was used for foodstuff's before as some were used for nasties and would taint the water..

We have a couple and they are great yokes..

Cheers bbam, much appreciated.

Advertisement