Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Dundalk > Drogheda?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Well folks,

Quick random question - any idea how much a taxi from Dundalk to Drogheda costs? Believe it is around the 50-60 mark.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Just asked a radio operator wit Sevens & she said its 40euro in a taxi or 8euro a head in a minibus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

Raffo69 wrote: »
    Just asked a radio operator wit Sevens & she said its 40euro in a taxi or 8euro a head in a minibus

Ah that's pretty good! 50-60 quid would be a bit pricey, but that's grand!

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OwnHome

Good to know I paid 50e 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Fell asleep on the last train to Drogheda a while ago and paid €50+.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

OwnHome wrote: »
    Good to know I paid 50e 3 years ago.

Paid the same around 3 years ago too, Laytown to Dundalk. Had the best of intentions to get the last train...... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Paid 60 last time I got one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

We're looking for a bus and the cheapest we can get is €90 each way! I think that's extortionate, for 19 passengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

FairCity12 wrote: »
    We're looking for a bus and the cheapest we can get is €90 each way! I think that's extortionate, for 19 passengers?

€9.47 return pps seems pretty good to me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

€9.47 return pps seems pretty good to me? :confused:

It's not bad to be fair.... Presume it's late at night collection?

Have you tried Matthews etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

I suppose it's not too bad. I just figured because there's ~20 it would be a better rate. If I had a bus myself I'd drive for much less! Late night collection @ 12.30am! Ah well. €180 it is so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Id always call Sevens in Dundalk. The fare they quote over the phone is the fare you will pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Fell asleep on the last train to Drogheda a while ago and paid €50+.. :D

Ditto!
    Around 3 years ago I fell asleep on the train after a few (hic) after work pints.
    Woke in Dundalk station, next train was @ 6am the following morning. Conveniently there were 3 Nigerian taxi men waiting outside the station.
    Agreed €50 was the lowest he'd do it for.
    The meter hit €50 on the motorway @ Monasterboice!! He stopped it and dropped me into the Drogheda town at that price anyway... worse fiddy I ever spent! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I drive a taxi in dundalk and i have never charged anyone over €40 to drogheda.

Advertisement