Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Dance with Dragons - 12 July 2011 [SPOILERS] - See Mod Post #4

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

father-dougal-presses-the-button.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Something tells me that someone at Amazon is taking the piss with that...

It sounds totally plausible but I can't imagine GRRM's publishers revealing that much about a book that hasn't even been written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

a total piss take when you conssider GRRM hasn' even finished writing the book yet. And that reads more like book 7 then 6!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

a total piss take when you conssider GRRM hasn' even finished writing the book yet. And that reads more like book 7 then 6!
    Yep. I mean it's only been eight months since he finished the last one, so I imagine there's another 80 to go before the next. No way he'd have a synopsis yet - he probably doesn't know what it's all about (even if he has written a good chunk of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Given the fact that it talks about things that haven't happened yet as if they have I'd say it's pretty sure that it's a piss take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yep, and to be honest, it's pretty much what we would expect book 7 to be about. It's so non-specific that ANYONE could have written that:

"Book X of an X-part X-ology: The Final Chapter: Rise/End of X
    Our main hero *Name-1-Here* must rise to their greatest challenge yet or risk losing everything. But who can they rely upon? Their loyal but few followers or their mortal enemy, the duplicitous *Name-2-Here*? Will the outcast, the honorable *Name-3-Here* rise to assist *Name-1-Here* as the ancients prophesied? Or will the terrible *Name-4-Here* get their revenge? In the final battle against the *Bigger-Badder-Evil* all must unite or all must fall"

"-An emotional end to a gripping series: X is the greatest X author of our day" - Steven King
    "-I liked it" - Paul Ross
    "-Epic" - Aint-it-cool-news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I am wondering if there is more to be made of Jon's parentage, if he survives. I was batting around an idea in my head reading the book, and wondering if it was completely retarded.
    With theories on him becoming AA, and the insinuation that he has an important role to play in the events to come, I was theorizing that he might not be Ned Stark's son at all. Rather he is the child of Rhaeghar and Lyanna. I haven't seen a timeline of the "abduction"/ rebellion, so I could be totally wrong on that point alone. With Lyanna's last words to Ned - "Promise me, Ned" , and Ned bringing Jon back to Winterfell at the conclusion of the war, it doesn't seem too crazy to me. Admittedly Jon doesn't have the characteristics of the Targaeryns, but perhaps the Stark blood is stronger in that regard. This and other little ideas I've read in the text gave birth to my (probably utterly wrong) theory. With Jon being a warg, having dragon blood would allow him to command one of the dragons. Mellisandre's interest in him.
    Tear it to pieces anyway, just some idle noodling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I am wondering if there is more to be made of Jon's parentage, if he survives. I was batting around an idea in my head reading the book, and wondering if it was completely retarded.
    With theories on him becoming AA, and the insinuation that he has an important role to play in the events to come, I was theorizing that he might not be Ned Stark's son at all. Rather he is the child of Rhaeghar and Lyanna. I haven't seen a timeline of the "abduction"/ rebellion, so I could be totally wrong on that point alone. With Lyanna's last words to Ned - "Promise me, Ned" , and Ned bringing Jon back to Winterfell at the conclusion of the war, it doesn't seem too crazy to me. Admittedly Jon doesn't have the characteristics of the Targaeryns, but perhaps the Stark blood is stronger in that regard. This and other little ideas I've read in the text gave birth to my (probably utterly wrong) theory. With Jon being a warg, having dragon blood would allow him to command one of the dragons. Mellisandre's interest in him.
    Tear it to pieces anyway, just some idle noodling :)

Haha you're a few years late on that one. It's pretty much the most excepted theory out there. :D
    So much so that a lot of people are thinking it's 'too' obvious now at this stage and George will throw us a curveball.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

:o ah well, at least I'm in good company so. Guess I need to go read some fan boards, if only boards had one... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

TBH, if you figured out R + L = J by yourself, you're probably better heading to http://asoiaf.westeros.org

That's where the real fanboys hang out. Some *wild* theories on there but also plenty of things that are almost certainly right. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement