Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Hansard & Liam O'Maonlai @ Whelans

Options
  • 03-03-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Glen Hansard and Liam O'Maonlai are playing two dates in Whelans this Monday and Tuesday (7th and 8th) anybody got tickets? Or have any idea what they might be playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yeah i just got a ticket, headed to this one on me todd. I cant find any info on the gig. but i suppose they'll play some of their own stuff then a few covers too. Really looking forward to this one, next best thing after not gettin tickets to the frames i suppose.

great gig! most of the cast of the commitments turned up sang a few tunes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

foolelle wrote: »
    great gig! most of the cast of the commitments turned up sang a few tunes too.

That sounds amazing what was the rest of the set like? I am heading tonight really looking forward to it now

darryn wrote: »
    That sounds amazing what was the rest of the set like? I am heading tonight really looking forward to it now

hansard played a few new tracks one or two older ones and then he invited the commitment on stage they sang 3/4 songs then Liam came on and they all jammed together for 4/5 songs, finished up with forever young - that was it. I really like hansard and his stuff but i did think liam would have played more. Am tryin to pick up a ticket for tonight - cant find 1 anywhere!! - was a savage gig though, best ive been to in whelans id say.

foolelle wrote: »
    hansard played a few new tracks one or two older ones and then he invited the commitment on stage they sang 3/4 songs then Liam came on and they all jammed together for 4/5 songs, finished up with forever young - that was it. I really like hansard and his stuff but i did think liam would have played more. Am tryin to pick up a ticket for tonight - cant find 1 anywhere!! - was a savage gig though, best ive been to in whelans id say.

try the frames.ie and the forum I think there was on sale there, if not just try the door you never know, i managed to buy two yesterday and one at lunch time today

• Advertisement

darryn wrote: »
    try the frames.ie and the forum I think there was on sale there, if not just try the door you never know, i managed to buy two yesterday and one at lunch time today

no1 coming back to me there. i was just onto the box office they said that the place is wedged tonight and there will be no chance of any admissions on the door tonight. :(:(

ah well at least i got to go last night, maybe i was just being greedy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I was at the first night. Unreal! Anybody know what last night was like?

useded wrote: »
    I was at the first night. Unreal! Anybody know what last night was like?

Last night was fantastic glen brought on Christy Moore and Damien Rice

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

No way! What did they play? I'm absolutely sickened I didn't go the second night as well.

Damien played a new song, and christy played the well below the valley and two others I think one was As I Roved Out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssL3D1Ta4s

• Advertisement
Advertisement