Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseekers Again

• 03-03-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi - Just wondering if anybody out there can answer this question. I was on jobseekers allowance in 2009 for 13 months I think it was. Since then I have been unemployed but haven't applied for any assistance. Does anyone know if I am entitled to apply again for jobseekers allowance or benefit at this stage as my means have not changed and I am still unemployed?

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks. V.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Anyone can apply for Jobseekers Allowance, weather you get it or not depends on if your available for full-time work and genuineky seeking employment and capable of full-time employment. You must also then prove that your means your living on are below the max rate of jobseekers allowance which is currently is €188. They will more than likley want proof oh how you have been supporting yourself if you have been unemployed since 2010 and not receiving a social assistance payment since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ValOS

Thanks thats very helpful, I thought that you could only get jobseekers once and to qualify again, you would have had to work again or pay a contribution to your stamps. But thanks for that, I guess Ill go through the interview steps again and see how I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

ValOS wrote: »
    Thanks thats very helpful, I thought that you could only get jobseekers once and to qualify again, you would have had to work again or pay a contribution to your stamps. But thanks for that, I guess Ill go through the interview steps again and see how I go.

Heh, that's jobseekers benefit. Jobseekers allowance you can get. It's means tested. Do you remember what oyu got before?

As the above post, thats Jobseekers Benefit you are thinking of, Anyone can apply for Jobseekers Allowance as you do not have to of suffered a loss of employment for this payment.

I do remember, it was jobseekers allowance I got before, not jobseekers benefit. After it expired, I continued job seeking but 15 months later, no job and worse off. I thought that I wouldnt be entitled to apply again once I had got the allowance, but Ill print off the application and see how it goes. Gosh thats cheered me up, even if I don't get a full allowance, something would be helpful. Thanks for your comments, its great to have people with knowledge on hand!

• Advertisement

I do remember, it was jobseekers allowance I got before, not jobseekers benefit. After it expired, I continued job seeking but 15 months later, no job and worse off. I thought that I wouldnt be entitled to apply again once I had got the allowance, but Ill print off the application and see how it goes. Gosh thats cheered me up, even if I don't get a full allowance, something would be helpful. Thanks for your comments, its great to have people with knowledge on hand!

You shouldn't have to apply again. I'm not sure if they keep the first claim opened but when I had a job for gour months and it didn't work out; they still had my record on file and I was back on it within a week. Just head down and say you already had a claim a while ago. Hopefully you'll get it done quicker that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You will have to make a repeat claim form can be downloaded
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx see application forms.

SW might want to know how you supported yourself since your last claim if you have not been working.

actually now that I think about it, it must have been js benefit i got before, it was a payment of €204 a week.. I dont remember being means tested.. would that have been js benefit then? if it was, is the js allowance a new application? Has anyone visited the community welfare officer? it might be a better idea to meet with them and see what i am eligible for...

actually now that I think about it, it must have been js benefit i got before, it was a payment of €204 a week.. I dont remember being means tested.. would that have been js benefit then? if it was, is the js allowance a new application? Has anyone visited the community welfare officer? it might be a better idea to meet with them and see what i am eligible for...

JSA can be given without a means test, I was meant to get one. Got a call from the guy one day, asked if it was okay if he could come up, told him to give me five minutes to get up (my alarm never went off). He said don't worry and just gave me 130 or so (my mother was working at the time).

I suppose you could go down to the officer first if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Its a repeat claim whether you were claiming jsb or jsa last time. Jsa will be means tested e.g. you will have to provide recent bank accounts and if you are under 25 and living at home your parents means will also be assessed.If you have had self employment since your last claim you will have to be assessed by a social welfare inspector. Go to your sw office and make a repeat claim and they will let you know what is needed. Once your claim has been registered go to see your community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance until your jsa is sorted.

• Advertisement

JSA can be given without a means test, I was meant to get one. Got a call from the guy one day, asked if it was okay if he could come up, told him to give me five minutes to get up (my alarm never went off). He said don't worry and just gave me 130 or so (my mother was working at the time).

I suppose you could go down to the officer first if you like.

Jobseekers Allowance is means tested, you will be assessed against any means you have. JB is the one thats not means tested

Advertisement