Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.E.M "Collapse into now"

Options
  • 03-03-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

just had al listen to it and have to say its bringing them right back to top form.

loving it to be honest

" discoverer" is REM at their best

great hearing them on the radio again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

I'm loving the new album, can't stop listening to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭John Sugrue

I love Uberlin in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I think it's an absolutely fantastic album.

I don't like using the term "return to form", but this is a great album.

If it was released in 1995 it would be a huge international seller, and cemented in music history, just because their type of music is not "fashionable" with the average radio listener today, it's not doing as well. But it doesn't detract from it, what a great listen.

Highlights, "everyday is yours to win", "it happened today" & "discoverer"

Lowlights - "Blue", whereas it is a great song, it is too similar to Country Feedback but with the talking lyric style of "Belong", it's a great listen for a few times, but I can imagine myself ending the album before listening to it every time. Shame! But it's ALMOST rescued by the resurgence of "discoverer" at the end!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 david.clear

I love the record and it seems to be all I'm listening to lately. I would not say "return to form" but it is their best album since New Adventures. I enjoyed Accelerate but the songs were more or less the same tempo throughout. Favourites on this record would be "Everyday is yours to win", "Discoverer" "All the Best" and strangely enough "Blue" Mainly because it brings back memories of Country Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thephantom1

unreal album. almost on a par with aftp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Raver8

Haven't heard this album in about 6 months by now, shame on me, time to dig it out. Really like it - Blue is of course a natural favourite for the die hard R.E.M. fan for obvious reasons.

Since they've split up R.E.M. posted on their website a few tribute clips other bands played of their stuff after hearing the announcement that they had finished up. One to look out for is Pearl Jam covering "It Happened Today", good live cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

Great band,

My fav REM album - Automatic For The People
    Fav REM tunes- Ebow The Letter, Find The River and All The Way To Reno

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHPhoto

Very good album

Advertisement