Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock ** results ** 2011

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 2517ais

ruadhan wrote: »
    Well I don't have English paper 2 back only paper one but I'll just say that then. I did not at all expect these results and nearly fainted when I saw some of them.. All higher by the way

English. 92% A1
    Irish. 85%. A2
    Maths. 97%. A1
    French. 92%. A1
    Accounting. 89%. A2
    Economics. 95%. A1
    Physics. 96%. A1

I also do Japanese outside of school bit I didn't do a mock in it but I be hoping for an A1 in it. It's quite handy. So overall that's 590 depending on english 2.. Sorta sickened considering I was 2 marks off another A1 in accounting but still omfg how the f**ck did I do that???! Was joint for around 550+ in real thing before, I guess I'll be disappointed if I don't do better in real thing now
    Omg i had a japanese mock and i can tell you it was rock hard....and i'v been gettin a1s. a2s and b1s...but this was crazy hard! dreadin gettin it back tomorrow :( !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

Hey, im a med applicant and cant say im best pleased with my mock results! i have heard of med students getting worse mock results, but its really destroying my motivation nonetheless! All higher level:

Music - B1 84 %
    English - B3 72%
    Physics - B1 80 %
    Biology - B2 75 %
    French - B1 80 % Although im convinced it should come up. im getting the script back on monday and im SURE ill go up with a recheck! Aced the written paper!
    Chemistry - C2 62% Im an A student and this was the highest in the class!
    Maths - C3 56 % Again, shocked with this and not in a good way!

Overall, that brings me to 475 points and im looking for 540-ish in the real thing! What do you think? is it possible?
    If i was to make one comment, it'd be to highlight the fact that my whole school did pretty awful in the mocks and im convinced they were marked hardly this year.. or it could just be my lack of study! I got a tad complacent after the xmas results - 565 points :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

English C2 [76 in P1 and 50 in P2]
    Irish B1 [88 in P1, 80 in P2]
    Maths B3 [A1 in P1, C1 in P2]
    French C2
    Economics D2 :o
    Business B1
    Biology D2 :o

Ordinary Maths and Irish, Higher everything else.

I really need to work on Economics and Biology...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

english 90%
    history 92%
    irish 77%
    spanish 77%
    (higher) maths 77%
    chemistry 75%
    still waiting on art, hoping for an A though :)
    haven't a clue how I managed 77 in three subjects :rolleyes:

did anyone else think the chemistry was harder than past exam papers? I usually get A's as well and mine was the highest in the class :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

snicket wrote: »

did anyone else think the chemistry was harder than past exam papers?

Quite a bit more difficult than usual exam questions. It wasn't that the questions were difficult or anything in their own right. It's just that they asked questions on rarely ever examined sections of the course.

• Advertisement

snicket wrote: »
    english 90%
    history 92%
    irish 77%
    spanish 77%
    (higher) maths 77%
    chemistry 75%
    still waiting on art, hoping for an A though :)
    haven't a clue how I managed 77 in three subjects :rolleyes:

did anyone else think the chemistry was harder than past exam papers? I usually get A's as well and mine was the highest in the class :confused:

Impressive results right there!
    In relation to chemistry, yes, it was a very tough exam to tackle, taking into consideration the style of questions being asked. But 75 is excellent in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Our teacher made his own Japanese mock, but it was a full paper..
    i thought it was easy? like its a simple enough subject! and exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Are we talking about the DEB or Examcraft Chemistry mock?
    I got 80.5% in the DEB paper, disappointed as I lost marks in the most ridiculous of places - i've learned from my very silly mistakes though, with better care i could have gotten 85%.
    My teacher even said the Examcraft paper had questions that weren't the typical exam style, and he knows his stuff.

aranciata wrote: »
    Are we talking about the DEB or Examcraft Chemistry mock?
    I got 80.5% in the DEB paper, disappointed as I lost marks in the most ridiculous of places - i've learned from my very silly mistakes though, with better care i could have gotten 85%.
    My teacher even said the Examcraft paper had questions that weren't the typical exam style, and he knows his stuff.

Well, im talking about DEB anyway. I thought it was very tough! you must have really known your shtuff! But seriously, well done on that result - nothing to be disappointed about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Disastorous pres

English 61
    Accounting 48
    Business 60
    German 50
    Irish 40
    Geography 66
    Maths(o) 48

350 points. need 380, aiming for 400

• Advertisement

got 60%...shocked because it was impossible...!

Are you doin japanese as an 8 th subject?

We are...last year we only had a double a week...and literally we did 3 chapters out of "Nihongo Kantan" so this year there was a major push..bt we've got the 9 other chapters done....it does mean 2 hours extra after school on wednesday and 40 mins before school on friday.... :( !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

Not great but hey, what i deserve. :)

Bio [HL] 69.75% - C1
    Physics [HL] 68% - C1
    Classics [HL] 50% - D1
    French [HL] 40% - D3
    Irish [OL] 70% - B3
    Maths [OL] 87% - A2
    English [HL] 61% - C2
    Religion [HL] - Havnt got back yet.

Total - 355

Gotta say, not bad for winging it and i never went over time limit which was the main thing. Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

Maths 58% highest in the school
    English 68%
    Physics/chemistry 70% highest in the school
    Biology 75%
    construction 70% should have done way better i know
    art havent got it back yet but i would say around a B2

all are H.L
    altogether its about 440 points I would really like about 530 is this possible???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

English 68%
    Biology 75%

all are H.L
    altogether its about 440 points I would really like about 530 is this possible???

I'd say it is possible to go up by that much. Especially if you think you can improve a lot in construction...maths can be worked on, had you even finished the whole course?? Same with phys/chem, I'd say that is the kind of subject where an improvement is entirely possible.

Though I'm just wondering, how large is your school?? And what maths paper did you do?? Not being offensive or anything but 58% is pretty low for the highest in the school, imo. And it certainly doesn't give a lot of hope to me....I'm not the best at maths, and I didn't do all that much study but was still hoping to scrape a B. Maybe a C is more likely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

English 68%
    Biology 75%

all are H.L

Not to disparage your remarks, but is there only one honours maths class and I'd guess with phys/chem being a minority subject perhaps only one phys chem class too?

It just seems to be a strange remark to make saying you got the highest in the school in phys chem when not every student would be taking it. How about highest in your class?

Not to disparage your remarks, but is there only one honours maths class and I'd guess with phys/chem being a minority subject perhaps only one phys chem class too?

It just seems to be a strange remark to make saying you got the highest in the school in phys chem when not every student would be taking it. How about highest in your class?

If there is only one class.....it's exactly the same thing, surely? Not that strange, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Fireball07 wrote: »
    If there is only one class.....it's exactly the same thing, surely? Not that strange, imo.

Highest in the school makes it sound like everyone is doing the exam. There could be 80 in your year and 8 doing phys chem. It's not exactly the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Do any of the companys actually offer a Japanese mock? Or had your teachers made up the papers? I do it outside of school but just assumed I wasn't going to get to sit one.

The Japanese paper is becoming more and more difficult each year :(

Yes i agree it is gettin harder...:(!!!

Our teacher and other teachers made up pre papers and then swapped them ....so we did another teachers pre...she's native japanese and she was our teacher last year...but this was far beyond anything she did with us before :(!

Out of 4 in our class (there was 10 but 6 has dropped out) the results we D3, D1 and two C3s...:(...and we're not weak students either (two medical applicants)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

My results weren't too bad considering the amount of study that I did,

Maths OL B1
    Irish OL B3
    French OL B2
    History B2
    Home Ec C1
    Biology B1

I'm still waiting for LCVP and English (HL) to come back, dreading the English result though! :-(

• Advertisement

Highest in the school makes it sound like everyone is doing the exam. There could be 80 in your year and 8 doing phys chem. It's not exactly the same thing.

Well that's not what I would assume if I heard it. After all if he got highest in the school, he got the highest in the school, it doesn't really matter whether everyone did it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

no i do japanese in school, i do geography when everyone else does a language and then japanese slots in as an option on our timetable.. :)

I'm just stating that i got the highest in the school, its a small school and an even smaller class and 58% is quite high for the pres, us being in a disadvantaged area and all that :p. but yeah its by no means an amazing result or anything

Oh and fireball we haven't full finished our maths course yet and my paper 1 was in the Bs just fell down on paper 2 which we have only half covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

I'm just stating that i got the highest in the school, its a small school and an even smaller class and 58% is quite high for the pres, us being in a disadvantaged area and all that :p. but yeah its by no means an amazing result or anything

Oh and fireball we haven't full finished our maths course yet and my paper 1 was in the Bs just fell down on paper 2 which we have only half covered

I'm in practically the same boat as you! 56% in pres, disadvantaged school :( B in paper 1, half of paper 2 covered. I'm the only one in my school doing higher maths (and that includes 5th year also!) so I get about 5-10 minutes of the teachers time during a class if I'm lucky.

Anyway, my results (all higher):

English B1 81% :)
    French D2 46%
    Business C1 65%
    Accounting B2 76%
    Chemistry C1 67%
    Maths C3 56%

Still waiting on my Irish and LCVP results. Hoping for a pass and a distinction respectively.

That's 435 in the pres. Hoping for 545/555 in the real thing (done hardly any study for the pres; they were all night before study).
    Hoping to get:

Irish C2
    English B1
    Maths A2/A1
    French C1
    Accounting A1
    Business A1
    Chemistry A1
    LCVP Distinction

I have a lot of work to do and a lot of social life to abandon over the next few months to achieve these goals but, hey, what's 3 months?

I'm in practically the same boat as you! 56% in pres, disadvantaged school :( B in paper 1, half of paper 2 covered. I'm the only one in my school doing higher maths (and that includes 5th year also!) so I get about 5-10 minutes of the teachers time during a class if I'm lucky.

Anyway, my results (all higher):

English B1 81% :)
    French D2 46%
    Business C1 65%
    Accounting B2 76%
    Chemistry C1 67%
    Maths C3 56%

Still waiting on my Irish and LCVP results. Hoping for a pass and a distinction respectively.

That's 435 in the pres. Hoping for 545/555 in the real thing (done hardly any study for the pres; they were all night before study).

Haha i here you. night before job for me too. yeah i hope to improve my grades by a whole lot come june.

wow only one in the school and i thought we were bad with 8. but i would say u learn loads in your classes yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

Haha i here you. night before job for me too. yeah i hope to improve my grades by a whole lot come june.

wow only one in the school and i thought we were bad with 8. but i would say u learn loads in your classes yeah?

No, not really. It's not my teacher's fault, but it's that I'm in a class of about 20 students (I'm mixed with half of the ordinary level class) and it's hard for her to give me much attention.
    I hate to bitch and moan, but I hate feeling like my school is limiting my chances of achieving my academic potential.
    A sign of how bad the situations are in some of the subjects in our year:
    Not one student passed history (I don't do history)
    2 of 13 students passed biology (barely!)
    We are only halfway through the Irish higher level course
    Also, I'm the only one who does all higher in my year. This isn't because of a lack of aptitude on the students' part, but because some of the teachers seem to have been drained of any motivation to teach and therefore resort to not doing the work/ taking loads of sick days/ putting on a listening tape and not even correcting our answers. :o
    Wish I had money for grinds, but that aint the case and it's quite worrying that I won't get the points I need for my course.

Also, did you do the DEB maths paper?
    Did you think that integration question on paper one and question 8, part c on paper 2 (the one about the ladder) were just b*st*rds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Also, did you do the DEB maths paper?
    Did you think that integration question on paper one and question 8, part c on paper 2 (the one about the ladder) were just b*st*rds?

ha, my teacher makes the C parts on the DEB paper he is a b**t*** it was terrible he said in my class of 13 that 8 would fail and 5 would pass, i will be one of the 8 it was a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

6 B's, failing french broke my streak, all higher

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Business B3
    Biology B2
    Chemistry B2
    Irish A1
    Maths D3

All higher. Still waiting on my English and French papers which is a bit ridiculous. I have to say I was disappointed with the way the examiners marked the papers. After seeing the marking scheme for Biology, it seems the examiner wasn't even looking at it when he/she was correcting. They didn't give me marks for stuff I got right or gave me more marks than I should have on some questions. Whoever marked my Irish Paper gave me full marks for nearly everything. Business was marked harshly. Overall I don't think the results can give an accurate indication of what I'll get because they were marked so poorly.

Definately going to need to learn my Chemistry definitions better. I lost loads of marks for leaving one word out of some of the definitions. :rolleyes:
    ha, my teacher makes the C parts on the DEB paper he is a b**t*** it was terrible he said in my class of 13 that 8 would fail and 5 would pass, i will be one of the 8 it was a disaster

Our maths teacher said 2/3rds of the class always fails the mocks in her class which was a bit worrying but apparently everyones grades goes up a good bit in the real thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I got..
    English
    B3
    Irish
    B2
    Maths OL -- A1
    French ---- B2
    Physics --- D1 :/
    Chemistry -- Not Back
    Accounting - B3
    Economics - A2

I was pretty happy with my results seeing as I did very little study.
    I know 2 lads in another school who got 600 points.. kinda depressing :s

Advertisement