Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock ** results ** 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

Higher
    Bio 68%
    Chem 40% (marked atrociously)
    English 62%
    Irish 45%
    Constr not back yet
    DCG still have to do

Ordinary
    Maths 85%

So I was horified when I got Chemistry back.Calculations & organic killed me along with examiner not awarding marks for right answers or only giving half the marks.
    Biology I was okay with I didnt study much and made a lot of silly mistakes.
    English I was delighted!!!I usually get 30% and now Im so hapy with no study I got 62% so I'll be putting more effort into english!I taught I was horrible at english,well so my teacher implied!!
    Irish,yeah expected that...I need to improve on Aural and essays..hopefully my oral will help a lot.
    I cant wait to get construction back!Im an A/B student and it was easy,but after the suprises and shock last few days,anything could happen!!To be honest,I studied more for xmas tests than I did the mocks.

Like other people,next 3 moths,going to make them count!!! :D

In the Leaving Cert aiming for:

Chem A1/A2
    Bio A1/A2
    English B3
    Irish C1/B3
    DCG B1
    Construction A1/A2
    Maths A1
    I do another language outside of school, C1/B3 in that hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

ha, my teacher makes the C parts on the DEB paper he is a b**t*** it was terrible he said in my class of 13 that 8 would fail and 5 would pass, i will be one of the 8 it was a disaster

Would you like to introduce me to this teacher of yours? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 --hughesy--

English 75
    Irish O 82
    maths 87
    french 84
    biology 90
    applied maths 80
    physics A2
    business 90

fairly happy with my results. emphasis on fairly though, because i know i barely scraped a loads of the grades ( 90's and an 80 )

hoping to pick up applied maths though, only got 15 out of 50 in relative velocity, may have to avoid that question in the real thing haha

ordinary irish was meh, was doing higher until january so that was a nice break during the mocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm just stating that i got the highest in the school, its a small school and an even smaller class and 58% is quite high for the pres, us being in a disadvantaged area and all that :p. but yeah its by no means an amazing result or anything

Oh and fireball we haven't full finished our maths course yet and my paper 1 was in the Bs just fell down on paper 2 which we have only half covered

Oh, that's understandable then. We had enough done to do 6 questions in each paper, but I wish we had done probability and statistics at the time, because I find them very easy and I hate trigonometry. I don't know what to expect in maths at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

ruadhan wrote: »
    It's a two year course for beginners. You don't need to know anything before you start, youn just need the two years to do the course. There's no junior cert Japanese so it only starts in fifth year

How and where did you learn the course????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

All Higher..but thinking of dropping German..hate it:
    Irish 80%
    Biology 89%
    Home Ec. 75%
    Chemistry 48%(marked really, really bad. Only 3 of us passed and when the teacher recorrected my friends exam she went from 58% to 75%! We didn't get marks for attempts and silly little things.)
    Maths 68%
    English 85%(suprised seeing as I don't know what 'Hamlet' is actually about and I can't spell to save my life!)
    German 63%
    Business not back(hoping for a B1 or so but I dunno yet)
    LCVP distinction

I don't really know if thats good or bad at this stage, one guy got like 590 and he's goin for the same course as me (medicine), so I dunno...best get mammy to go to mass and do some serious candle lighting for me...:cool:..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

English ord 68%
    Irish ord 29%
    Maths ord 47%
    Ag. Sci high 51%
    Engineering high 48%
    construction high ????
    DCG high ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

MATHS; D1 :mad:

IRISH; A2 (OL)

ENGLISH; B3 :mad:

BUSINESS; A1

GEOGRAPHY; A1

ECONOMICS; A1

FRENCH; C3

POINTS = 490 POINTS, NEED 380!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Still waiting for most of them but in the meantime
    English 1 - 75%
    Classics - 85%
    French: paper - B3, aural - A2

Delighted as English didn't go too well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Would you like to introduce me to this teacher of yours? ;)

not allowed to name people on boards!!! :;)

• Advertisement

LouiseZ wrote: »
    Chemistry 48%(marked really, really bad. Only 3 of us passed and when the teacher recorrected my friends exam she went from 58% to 75%! We didn't get marks for attempts and silly little things.)

Same as our school. 2 passed. The rest failed. Our teacher is also going to re-correct our exams tomorrow. Attempt marks, do they even exist in Chemistry?!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Getting pretty nervous about Chemistry coming back :P I should have it on Tuesday, I hope. DEB supposedly advertise a 2 week correcting service (I haven't personally bothered to check if that's true :P) and we did ours about a month ago now.
    Hoping for an A1 in the real thing. ... Let's hope for some reassurance when my result comes back.
    Did everyone getting Chemistry results back do the DEB or Examcraft paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Exothermic wrote: »
    Getting pretty nervous about Chemistry coming back :P I should have it on Tuesday, I hope. DEB supposedly advertise a 2 week correcting service (I haven't personally bothered to check if that's true :P) and we did ours about a month ago now.
    Hoping for an A1 in the real thing. ... Let's hope for some reassurance when my result comes back.
    Did you do DEB?

It's one of the two tests i've gotten back. I thought it was my worst ever Chemistry exam but somehow almost miraculously I got 94%! I guess it was one of those papers that looked bad but actually weren't all that bad.

Examcraft :mad:
    You should have seen my face when I see 40%. I'm working for an A1 aswell. I need a B2 + to get into my course.

Well done, that's brilliant! Yeah, I did DEB :) I think it went well. The end of the
    water
    question threw me off a bit, but I had extra questions anyway so that should be fine.
    I'm still a bit confused what the
    Yellow precipitate
    is. Either
    Iodine or sulfur?
    I apologse for discussing the paper... I did use spoilers :P

Another Chemistry class in my school did the Examcraft. Consistent A1 students were getting 70's.
    If my test isn't back by Tuesday... Ugh. So much waiting. :(

Good you think you done well :)
    I didn't think Examcraft was paticulary hard,just a combination of ridiculous marking & making silly,silly petty mistakes.That said, 5 chapters of Chem in the bag today :) I guess studying over and over is the only way to get what I want.
    I'm not bad at Chem,I mean, I got 92% in the xmas exam which were mainly based on organic past exam questions..but oh deary me...I never want to feel that dissapointment again.One thing mocks are good for. That awful feeling you get when you didn't get what u wanted or deserved.I just want to do myself justice :)

Exam papers are your best friend in Chemistry :P And so is that orange
    Essentials Unfolded revision book. It is THE best revision book for any subject I've ever seen. :D
    But then again, the textbook is still essential. There are a couple tricky bits which could be the bomb calorimeter of this year and revision books usually just skim over those.
    I love Chemistry to an embarrassing degree. :P Best subject evuurrr! :cool:

We just finished the course.So exam papers all the way now.But ofcourse,I will still revise the material.I have Chemistry Exam Edge and Reivise Wise,both of which I find excellent,but I might add this little magic orange book to my collection. I have it for Biology actually.Somewhere :rolleyes: Our textbook sucks,I dont go near it. Use notes our teacher makes from Chemistry Live and other places.I used to not like chem. But I've grown to like it,not love :P but it is so very different and out there,which i like,a lot. :D

The Biology one doesn't even compare to the Chemistry one :P I strongly recommend it! It's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Has ANYONE gotten Religion Mocks back? Did mine over 5 weeks ago now and they said it wouldn't be back until next week at the earliest after the school rang to ask. :mad: I've had all my other results for about 2 weeks now! I need to calculate points ffs. :rolleyes:
    Religion was DEB I think, but the rest of my exams were Examcraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I failed bloody higher history by 1%. Freaked!

But I am chuffed with my English result. I F'ed up on timing and ended up missing all of question b on paper 1 but still managed to get a C1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Well done, that's brilliant! Yeah, I did DEB :) I think it went well. The end of the
    water
    question threw me off a bit, but I had extra questions anyway so that should be fine.
    I'm still a bit confused what the
    Yellow precipitate
    is. Either
    Iodine or sulfur?
    I apologse for discussing the paper... I did use spoilers :P
    That yellow precipitate was iodine. The hint is the fact that you use a starch indicator for the titration.

I still don't understand what I did wrong on the BOD question though. I got the conditions correct but the calculation was apparently wrong.

Got construction back today... 83% HL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I failed bloody higher history by 1%. Freaked!

But I am chuffed with my English result. I F'ed up on timing and ended up missing all of question b on paper 1 but still managed to get a C1 :)

That's a bit harsh.....but at least in the real thing you'll have the project too which should bring you up.

I got one back today....Maths HL- C1 (67.5%)

Meh. Could have been better, I haven't looked over it properly but I seemed to have made a few silly mistakes and I certainly have the ability...but on reflection I didn't do too much study and struggled to get the paper finished on time and I thought it was difficult enough. Still couldn't say I was satisfied though.

Someone in my year got 100% in Paper 2 :eek: I don't know if the examiner was exaggerating, but she left a note saying she corrected around a thousand scripts and that was the only 100%.

That yellow precipitate was iodine. The hint is the fact that you use a starch indicator for the titration.

I still don't understand what I did wrong on the BOD question though. I got the conditions correct but the calculation was apparently wrong.

I was thinking to myself that it wasn't actually a precipitate and more a solution. :P At least I know now!
    Got my paper back anyway. 88%, not too shabby :) Pretty pleased with that. I must be doing something right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcon1

Last one back today

English (H) B2
    Maths (H) B3
    Geo (H) B3
    Chemistry (H) B2
    DCG (H) C2
    Physics (H) B1
    Irish (H) C3, not counted

Total = 460

Droped down to pass irish to spend time on everything else, should improve in DCG with the project (40%) being counted in the result...hoping for 530...realistic??

I was thinking to myself that it wasn't actually a precipitate and more a solution. :P At least I know now!
    Got my paper back anyway. 88%, not too shabby :) Pretty pleased with that. I must be doing something right :P

Congratulations!Not too shabby :pac: its excellent!!!Any other tips you could give me for Chem?Besides buying that Celtic Cross booklet and exam papers?:) Any advice would be hugely appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

they were pure sly with that qst because the dilution factor was actually 5 not 4 as all my class thought it was :(
    they worded it pure bad...our teacher said that never in the real thing would they be so sly with something like that!! i really hope they dont anyways :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lisaunknown

does ANYBODY know if your not doing french but are doing LCVP french are you eligible to attend a university(UCC,UCD ect..)

Advertisement