Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock ** results ** 2011

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

300 isn't bad at all. With some work you could bring it up to 400, it won't just happen automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

depends what you want to do after school!.. any way the LC is not the end all of everything.. say u wanted to do nursing for example, even if you didnt get the points required you could always do a PLC course and then go on to college after.. and dont compare yorself to ur sister. it doesnt matter what points she got. just do your best and thats good enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeirs

yeah i got 350 or something and I was just thinking that that result doesnt include orals or coursework and your going to get even more study done in addition to what youve done for the mocks so we all good !

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

History..... HL C3
    Business... HL C3
    Biology..... HL D1
    Geography HL B3
    English..... OL B2
    Maths...... OL D1

Considering the work I put in, was expecting this! 300 points, Need 350! Bit of work and surely I can go up by 50/60 points..ths walls are caviiiinnnng in:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

300 is the national average

Seriously? :eek: Thought it would be a tad higher, that's exactly half marks if you're taking six higher subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Seriously? :eek: Thought it would be a tad higher, that's exactly half marks if you're taking six higher subjects.

No it's not, it's even lower than half marks:eek:. Half marks would be 50% which is a D1, 55 points that's 330. Six D2s would be 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

NotExactly wrote: »
    No it's not, it's even lower than half marks:eek:. Half marks would be 50% which is a D1, 55 points that's 330. Six D2s would be 300.

Jaysus! :eek: Well it's half points anyway. :D

Haha, just realised that you're username could not have been more suitable for your last comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

All higher....
    Mocks.
    English B2 :).
    Irish B3 :).
    Maths D3:mad:
    French B3:).
    Geography B3 :(
    Physics C3 :(.
    Economics B2 :)

445 points:D.

Need 435 points so considering I did VERY little for the mocks I should improve. I haven't started really working yet though:mad: hope to get loads done over Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Farmer poet

English - 63%
    French - 55%
    Ag - 96%
    Business - 33%
    Music - 66%
    MATHS (OL) - 69%
    Got roughly 320 from the mocks...aiming for 410 - 450 , should be able to do it :D ...hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

All H except Maths
    • English 72%
    • Irish 74%
    • Maths O 67%
    • DCG 71%
    • French 60%
    • Chemistry 47%
    • Business 57%
    400 points, aiming for 490ish for primary teaching, hopefully i can bring them all up, especially business and chem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sorry for the massive bump buts its 3am and curiosity has gotten the best of me :P

Wasnt around when this thread was active so want to ask this question:

What is the general consensus people have for comparing mocks results with the real ones, do people generally go up or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

AdamD wrote: »
    What is the general consensus people have for comparing mocks results with the real ones, do people generally go up or what?

Tbh, the mocks mean absolutely nothing. There's 9 more days till you get your results so it's very late now to be thinking of your mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have obviously thought about them before lol, only saw this thread a few minutes ago and was intrigued by people's results and what they hoped to get in the real thing.

For the record I got 450 in my mocks and am hoping for 480-500 and am curious as to how realistic that jump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Tbh, the mocks mean absolutely nothing. There's 9 more days till you get your results so it's very late now to be thinking of your mocks!
    lol! are you serious? honestly the most idiotic statement i've read in a while. the mocks are a very useful indicator of how your study is going, and on what and where you need to focus yourself in the next few months before the real thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

Personally I found the mocks a waste of time. I know what I know and what I don't know in all the subjects as we have regular tests every week in the subjects in class and had Christmas tests too. I just found them a burden. Just wanted to study for the real thing! I know people say they could help with timing but timing is never an issue for me in exams so didn't find they had any benefit for me personally. Feel sorry for the people repeating. They have to do a Leaving Cert 4 times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Im convinced i did worse in the real thing than the mocks...felt a lot better about a lot of the mocks(before results) than after the real exams!! Needed to go up about 60points aswell!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I think the mocks are handy. Timing, and just get a feeling of the exam paper in exam conditions is very useful.

As for going up in points, I think a 50 point increase is realistic if you worked enough between the time to improve by that much and you felt you did better in the exam.

I've heard of people who have gone up and down, and have stayed the same. In our school last year more went up than down...but both did happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    lol! are you serious? honestly the most idiotic statement i've read in a while. the mocks are a very useful indicator of how your study is going, and on what and where you need to focus yourself in the next few months before the real thing

I found it the opposite. I slacked off in the subjects that I did well in and my diabolical English result made me put off studying it further. Even the experience of sitting the exams wasn't the same. I had most of my mocks crammed into one week, including weekends and followed by exams after school. The LC was much less stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I did awful in the mocks I failed 3 subjects :S. Two of them was only by a little only because I didn't study properly and maths I just found hard. I got really low points. I think I passed everything. I just hope I got at least 2/3 B's and others C's and 1 D for maths. I messed up in a few exams though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Oh, okay, a mocks thread. I guess I'll leave it open in case people wanna compare their mocks and LC results later on...

My mocks went rather poorly in everything but my science subjects. At the time of most of my mocks though, I was neglecting them for HPAT practice (which made a great excuse to avoid all study really, being relaxed for the HPAT is very important!)

I didn't do an Irish mock, as I'm only doing ordinary level and needed to pass it.
    Maths - B3 (nooo etc)
    English - B2 (nooo etc)
    German - B1 (nooo etc)
    Phys/chem/bio - A1 (I better have done it again in the actual thing...)

So in total, 540 points. I was fairly happy with it, considering the general movement of points for the LC is upwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement