Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could phone affect broadband? (UPC)

• 03-03-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

I seem to be having a problem with my UPC broadband, anytime I download via Vuse my connection drops, then reconnects, drops, connects so on. Now it will eventually connect and stay connected but it's very frustrating while it happens.

The reason why I ask about the phone is that I only noticed it when I got the UPC phone. I'm aware it might be nothing to do with it and it could just be a coincidence.

I have the tech guy coming out but just wanted to know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Only thing I can think of is if your phone line and broadband cables aren't filtered properly then anytime you receive or dial a call it should drop.

Are you using a Dual port ADSL filter?

Picture of single port

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is if your phone line and broadband cables aren't filtered properly then anytime you receive or dial a call it should drop.

Are you using a Dual port ADSL filter?

Picture of single port

I don't have either of them, the phone plugs straight into the wireless router and the laptop is working wireless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

If you were using DSL then there are a number of ways in which a phone could cause this. but UPC isn't DSL, it's Cable.
    I honestly can't think of a way that your phone setup would cause connection drops, I reckon the fact that its just a coincidence and unrelated to the new phone.

Advertisement