Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter to my 17yr old Self

Options
  • 03-03-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Ive seen this on the women's thread before, and I just wondered what would someone do if they could speak to their 17yr old self. If not maybe to change past but explain its all right to be different. Tbh the real reason for this is I have a hard time getting through to my 17yr old son at the best of times. He might find it better reading others than hearing mine!! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

17 was the best year of my life. I would change nothing about it but my main advice would be follow your heart not your head when it comes to college and enjoy your time there as they are the best years of your life.
    Work hard there as the better the job you get the more you can afford to do after;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

It's a hard one but no matter what could have been changed I love how my life turned out, Imade some silly choices in my late teens but I also made some good ones, Id prob wish I worked harder for my LC but throughout secondary school but then it would change how my life is now!

The biggest mistake I could have made, I didnt make so I'd prob write a note to my 17 yr old self saying that it was the right decision and despite the hardship it was worth it in the end.

Advertisement