Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little short haired Terrier found, Castlebaldwin

Options
  • 03-03-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I was in Castlebaldwin today getting petrol at the filling station. There was a little black and white terrier running around the forecourt and I was really concerned for her safety. I asked at the counter and they told me the dog had been there all day. I decided to take her with me and leave my contact details with the garage. She is now here with me.

Does anyone recognise her? She is a friendly little thing, bit of a barker etc. She has no collar but looks to be in reasonable condition. If no one claims her I guess I'll keep her, she's getting on great with my black lab.

EDIT: Had her in with the Vet today. Vet says shes about 2 years old, a Jack Russell. She has also been spayed so someone was looking after her well. I have left details with the Vet (Barry Lynch, Boyle) and the Guards in Boyle also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=150317&stc=1&d=1299178309

attachment.php?attachmentid=150318&stc=1&d=1299178315

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

She's very cute. Well done to you for helping.:D
    Have you tried posting on lost and found pets on the animal forum just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

magnumlady wrote: »
    She's very cute. Well done to you for helping.:D
    Have you tried posting on lost and found pets on the animal forum just in case?

Done
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198374

I have updated my first post with new information on the dog. I need to home her soon due to my own circumstances so any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Poor wee doggie. Maybe try Sligo animal rescue to see if they can help find her owner. Ocean fm also do dog found reports on air if you ring in with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Put up found posters in the shop where you found her and all the local buisnesses around that area. Pop few through people letterboxes too around the same area, someone should recognise and know her.

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Put up found posters in the shop where you found her and all the local buisnesses around that area. Pop few through people letterboxes too around the same area, someone should recognise and know her.

Ive done that, also posted on irishdogs.ie, contacted ispca.ie and Sligo Animal Rescue.

Glad to report a happy ending. Little Mimi was reunited with her loving family this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

aww I love a happy ending. Well done :D

Her owner was a lovely lady and the dog was missed hugely by her and her family. The excitement when they were reunited was beautiful. Do you know I'm sorry to see the little nipper gone, she's a little dote, even my lab was obsessed with her. Gotta love those animals - they give us so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

dnme wrote: »
    Her owner was a lovely lady and the dog was missed hugely by her and her family. The excitement when they were reunited was beautiful. Do you know I'm sorry to see the little nipper gone, she's a little dote, even my lab was obsessed with her. Gotta love those animals - they give us so much.
    Just out of interest how did the owner find out you had the dog in the end up?

• Advertisement

thebuzz wrote: »
    Just out of interest how did the owner find out you had the dog in the end up?

I had everyone in the community informed. Postman, Post office, Guards, Posters, I have her all over the internet etc. In the end it was a flyer I posted in the garage where I found her that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

good to hear a happy ending. Should have said to tell the owner to get her micro-chipped in case it happened again. Always an added security measure in getting a dog home should it get lost.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    good to hear a happy ending. Should have said to tell the owner to get her micro-chipped in case it happened again. Always an added security measure in getting a dog home should it get lost.

I did

Advertisement