Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a laptop off amazon?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Im thinking of buying a new laptop from amazon uk. However lets say if the laptop is faulty when it arrives or say in a year or 2 years it breaks down-who do i deal with-ireland or the uk?

Also who covers the cost of sending the laptop back to the uk if its faulty-myself or the company i bought it off?

With all this in mind what brick and mortor stores are great for laptops in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

cathpa wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a new laptop from amazon uk. However lets say if the laptop is faulty when it arrives or say in a year or 2 years it breaks down-who do i deal with-ireland or the uk?

You deal with the company from which you purchased it - therefore Amazon UK
    Also who covers the cost of sending the laptop back to the uk if its faulty-myself or the company i bought it off?

If the laptop is faulty, then all costs must be borne by the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I used to work for Amazon CS. If there is a problem you send the product back by registered post and cover the costs which are later refunded to you on the credit card you ordered with.

As far as I remember Amazon have a 1 year warranty for electronic goods they sell. It should also come with a manufacturer's warranty which may last longer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search__1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200376710&qid=1299294196&sr=1-1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

and bear in mind that Amazon have excellent customer service from my experience with them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

slave1 wrote: »
    and bear in mind that Amazon have excellent customer service from my experience with them

+1

Advertisement