Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox cant see my laptop when its wired or wireless

• 03-03-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hi i want to stream my media from laptop to my 360 and no matter what i do i cant get it to see my laptop..i can play xbox live no problem but cant stream anything.ive disabled firewall,opened the required ports,enabled media sharing and still nothing..can anyone help with this.thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Im having the same problem

Any help appreciated.

I'm on windows 7 fwiw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

me too and no matter what i do i cant get it to work..u on eircom router too.

Have a quick check to see if the ip addresses of the laptop and Xbox are in the same subnet (i.e. one is 10.0.0.x and the other is 10.0.0.y). Also, can you see the laptop from any other device on the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm having the same problem here.. I had it setup on my old xbox and could stream video to it etc but since I got the new one I can't get it working at all.. Driving me mad

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    Have a quick check to see if the ip addresses of the laptop and Xbox are in the same subnet (i.e. one is 10.0.0.x and the other is 10.0.0.y). Also, can you see the laptop from any other device on the network?

tried that too and everything else.used to work on old router no problem but when i got eircoms router it wont work no matter what i do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

had the same problem.

download TVersity that works perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

had the same problem.

download TVersity that works perfectly.

Can you expand a bit? Once downloaded does the lapper show up on the Xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is network discovery enabled on the laptop? Firewall turned off to check that isnt an issue?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Enable-or-disable-network-discovery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Can you expand a bit? Once downloaded does the lapper show up on the Xbox?

download it.

it will then ask you what files/folders you want it to search

the xbox will pick it up straight away,

and thats it, couldnt be any easyier, its such a great programme and its free,

you can even plug your portable hard drive into your pc and the xbox will pick it up....

download it.

it will then ask you what files/folders you want it to search

the xbox will pick it up straight away,

and thats it, couldnt be any easyier, its such a great programme and its free,

you can even plug your portable hard drive into your pc and the xbox will pick it up....

Can I just say you are a fcuking legend!! Best tip ever! Downloaded it and worked a treat! I had given up on ever getting this to work on my new xbox after spending ages adjusting ports, firewalls and all that sh1te. Cheers man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 healsnails

Anybody else not able to get even tversity to work? tried orb and vuze too and nothing! used to be able to stream when i was on eircom with the netopia router, then switched to vodafone and was able to on their router, then switched back to eircom cos vodafones broadband kept dropping out and now i can't stream with the new zyxel router!

complete newb to boards would i be better starting a new thread?

at any rate tried everything i could find that was recommended on all sorts of forums and networking sites and nothing has helped! here's where the explanation gets complicated;

two computers in the house, mine has xp the pc has vista.

the vista computer (wired to router) and WMP11 on it can connect to the xbox (wireless) and the xbox can stream from it.

the xp computer (wireless) can connect to the vista computer and can stream in both directions.
    WMP11 can detect both computers respectively.

my xp can't detect the xbox and vice versa.

the vista is even able to pick up the media drive of WMP11 AND the drive setup by Orb as two different drives!

i've bin at this for weeks! thought initially it was a problem caused by the xbox update in the autumn but that coincided with us going back to eircom and getting the new router! thought it was the router but if it was how come the vista pc can detect my xp machine no problem and the xbox can detect the vista machine! this is driving me nuts! even when the xp is wired to the router it can't connect or if it's connected with a crossover cable either!

Dear god someone help before i end up in dundrum!!!

cheers in advance!

ok i tried that network descovery thing and didnt work cos when i turned it on and saved changes and went back in again it was off again so im about to lose patience with this now..tried everything ive opened ports,firewall off,media sharing on,network discovery wont stay on so whats next..nothing i havent tried

ok i tried that network descovery thing and didnt work cos when i turned it on and saved changes and went back in again it was off again so im about to lose patience with this now..tried everything ive opened ports,firewall off,media sharing on,network discovery wont stay on so whats next..nothing i havent tried

Did u download tversity? That's all I did and it shows up in Xbox dashboard

I have tried everything goin and nothing works

Advertisement