Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brogan's Bar & Restaurant up for sale!!!

• 03-03-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

I mentioned this in another thread but maybe should get its own.

Brogan's is going up for sale, not offically yet but will be in the next few weeks. Due to the owners retiring.

Absolute shame, hopefully it will be snapped up straight away and kept as a bar!

Edited by Clareman.

Thread was edited and deleted due to unconfirmed rumours about this business, as Maiden has shared the below link I am opening this thread again, but limit this thread to only discussing this business, not speculating on others, thanks

http://www.facebook.com/BrogansBarandRestauarant?sk=wall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

maiden wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread but maybe should get its own.

<snip> is going up for sale, not offically yet but will be in the next few weeks. Due to the owners retiring.

Absolute shame, hopefully it will be snapped up straight away and kept as a bar!
    Now I'm seriously depressed. It is years since I lived in Ennis but <snip> is an institution. I always love calling in when I'm in Ennis. Where will the townies go now?? Brogan's is one of those places where you were always guaranteed to meet a long lost neighbour or an old school friend. I'm very sad indeed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Brogan's will be a massive loss. Good atmosphere, pints, food and music and most importantly good company for a chat.
    Hopefully it will open up again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

I have edited the names of the business in question as well as others mentioned, whereas there may be a lot of discussions about future plans for business's, discussing unconfirmed rumours on the most popular Irish discussion forum could lead to impacts to business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have reopened this thread, please note that the owners wish to retire, I'm sure that there are a lot of reasons for them to want to retire, but I would like to think that this thread can be kept to discussing Brogan's rather than going down a mire of discussion on rent prices/parking/price of drink/FF/Timmy Dooley.
    Facebook wrote:
    We want our Fb Friends To Know That After 35Yrs, Paddy & Jim Brogan Are Retiring From The Pub Trade & Brogan's Will Soon Be Offered 4 Sale. Not An Easy Decision For Us, We've Had Great Times & Made Many Friends. We Greatly Value Your Loyalty & Support & Wanted You To Know b4 The Sale Is Publically Advertised. In The Meantime, Brogan's Will Continue To Offer Great Food, Drink & The Best Trad Sessions In The West!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Brogan's will be a massive loss. Good atmosphere, pints, food and music and most importantly good company for a chat.
    Hopefully it will open up again.

Shame, I love that bar! Lots of good nights were had there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The open fire was class when i used go there for grub.

Best wishes to the current owners in their retirement..

To the potential new owners... good luck and you'll get a turn from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

You can't blame them in a way. Serving that much food day in day out must have been exhausting. They're at it a long time.

I predict it becomes a phone shop. They really need a third Meteor one on that street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Clareman wrote: »
    but I would like to think that this thread can be kept to discussing Brogan's rather than going down a mire of discussion on rent prices/parking/price of drink/FF/Timmy Dooley.

I would have thought the fall in takings was a factor in their decision to retire,

its been a long time since i ate in the place,my wife and i ate there every week at least once upon a time........ however,since they introduced the childrens portions to the public,it was time to give it a swerve....... nice food,but small portions doesnt satisfy the masses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The place is still mobbed most of the time. Half the tourists come to Ennis get pointed there and they've a ton of regulars. They're just getting old I'd say.

Always thought the portions were on the large side myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Such a shame! I hope all the lovely staff will get re-employed by the new owners, that is of course if it continues as a restaurant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Clareman wrote: »
    I have reopened this thread, please note that the owners wish to retire, I'm sure that there are a lot of reasons for them to want to retire, but I would like to think that this thread can be kept to discussing Brogan's rather than going down a mire of discussion on rent prices/parking/price of drink/FF/Timmy Dooley.
    Ah, good old Timmy:D. Im sure Brogans will continue to operate. The place is a goldmine, particulary in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Brogans is on the market for a guide price of 2.5 million :eek:
    The premises is being sold as a going concern but has strong trading figures so the agents are expecting a lot of interest in the property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

The premises is being sold as a going concern but has strong trading figures so the agents are expecting a lot of interest in the property.
    The agents are chancing their arm methinks. Anyone foolish enough to part with 2.5 mil on a smallish pub in a smallish town? Well , anyone? I thought the Celtic Tiger days were over. Maybe a TD could snap it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

2.5 million???
    are they off their heads? or stuck in some sort of time warp which keeps them in 2006?:eek:
    Its not even worth half that, 7-800k max if they are being realistic.
    i mean come on if any of us had 2.5m would you buy brogans with it?

Here is the daft.ie listing in case anyone is questioning the valuation of the business.

For 1 Brogan's you could get 2 hotels, a house nearby, a nice motor and still have enough left over for couple of de-stressing packages (leave the €2 as a tip ffs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Maurer's Jewellers next door to Brogans has been on the market for over two years and there have been no takers. At the height of the building boom/development madness, there were a few developer types in Ennis that would have snapped up these two properties before they went for the old breakfast roll............

baguette_181678c.jpg

Advertisement