Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get from malahide to ballyfermot?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

How do I get myself from malahide to ballyfermot? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Much depends where in Malahide you are leaving from and where in Ballyfermot you want to go.

Option 1: Train to Tara St and get 78a from Aston quay to Ballyfermot.

or

Option 2: Bus from Malahide to city centre and 78a bus from Aston quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

And to get back the same in reverse?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

More or less.

The bus (42) to Malahide leaves from Lower Abbey Street, close to the Abbey Street side of the Irish Life Mall.

Depending on where in Malahide you want to go, the 32a which leaves from Eden quay might suit you better. It drops in Marlborough Street behind Clery's.

The 78a from Ballyfermot drops in Westmoreland Street, I think.

There are other options in terms of buses. As I said, it depends where in each area you are going to.

There is also a LUAS stop close to the Kylemore Road junction with the Naas Road, which might be an option if you're going anywhere near there. You would get that either from Connolly/Busaras, or outside Wynn's hotel in Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Buses to Ballyfermot:
    78a from Aston Quay via Thomas Street (slow)
    79 or 79a from Aston Quay via Heuston Station (faster)
    26 from Merrion Square via Pearse Station (Westland Row), Westmoreland Street and Chapelizod.

The 26 might be the easiest option if you can get a train from Malahide to Pearse, and cross over to the far side of Westland Row. It is only half-hourly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

cloud493 wrote: »
    How do I get myself from malahide to ballyfermot? Any help appreciated.

will this be a regular commute or a once off trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

m50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just a one off trip

Advertisement