Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - breaking the contract

Options
  • 03-03-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Background: Early December I had vodafone landline + broadband and got the occasional break in service.
    Decided to switch to Eircom and signed up for their package.

Late January after getting one bill from Eircom (45 odd euro) I phoned them to ask a technical broadband question and was told by their CSR that I did not have broadband with them and that they had no record whatsoever of me even requesting broadband. The CSR reckoned I was still getting Vodafone broadband free at that point.
    In the meantime I had discovered bad cabling in my house was the cause of the earlier breaks in vodafone service.
    Infuriated by the Eircom call I immediately switched back to Vodafone.

A couple of weeks later I get a bill from Eircom for...
    225 euro !

Included in this was an "equipment charge" for 100euro + VAT as well as broadband and call charges.
    Now when I originally filled out the switcher webpage to them in early January I had asked for a modem.
    Which I never got of course.

I had cancelled them as a payee and was waiting for a call from them to argue about the bill.

Anyway the b*stards set up a new direct debit a couple of days ago with my details and pulled the cash out of my account.

I've just reversed the transaction at my bank and given instructions not to allow them set up a direct debit.

I intend disputing this spurious charge.
    The question is where do I stand ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

petergdub wrote: »
    Background: Early December I had vodafone landline + broadband and got the occasional break in service.
    Decided to switch to Eircom and signed up for their package.

Late January after getting one bill from Eircom (45 odd euro) I phoned them to ask a technical broadband question and was told by their CSR that I did not have broadband with them and that they had no record whatsoever of me even requesting broadband. The CSR reckoned I was still getting Vodafone broadband free at that point.
    In the meantime I had discovered bad cabling in my house was the cause of the earlier breaks in vodafone service.
    Infuriated by the Eircom call I immediately switched back to Vodafone.

A couple of weeks later I get a bill from Eircom for...
    225 euro !

Included in this was an "equipment charge" for 100euro + VAT as well as broadband and call charges.
    Now when I originally filled out the switcher webpage to them in early January I had asked for a modem.
    Which I never got of course.

I had cancelled them as a payee and was waiting for a call from them to argue about the bill.

Anyway the b*stards set up a new direct debit a couple of days ago with my details and pulled the cash out of my account.

I've just reversed the transaction at my bank and given instructions not to allow them set up a direct debit.

I intend disputing this spurious charge.
    The question is where do I stand ?
    Hi petergdub
    this certaily does not sound right. If you would like me to have this investigated PM me your details and I will be able to advise you here.
    Tony

Advertisement