Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

tanko wrote: »
    Why is there no Monaghan Gaa thread on here? There's enough of them hanging around Boards. They could tell us for sure what's going on.

They don't have the tinternet yet up there is the simple answer :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Why is there no Monaghan Gaa thread on here? There's enough of them hanging around Boards. They could tell us for sure what's going on.

A Monaghan forum?

Christ, how grim would that be? I have visions of the butcher boy meets the lawnmower man.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    They don't have the tinternet yet up there is the simple answer :D.

Sure they're only after getting the electric anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Sure they're only after getting the electric anyways

Are you trying to draw them out. Losing to them the last time in clones was bad enough but if we lose to them in Breffni it would be unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Are you trying to draw them out. Losing to them the last time in clones was bad enough but if we lose to them in Breffni it would be unbearable.

Oddly enough I'd rather listen to the Monaghan supporters if they win than some of our own if we lose..

• Advertisement

Oddly enough I'd rather listen to the Monaghan supporters if they win than some of our own if we lose..

True, I can hear the shouts of "will ya let it in ta f#ck " already:D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Jampip

True, I can hear the shouts of "will ya let it in ta f#ck " already:D

I love that call. Heard it numerous times on the terrace in a match there where you had a full forward line of Martin Dunne and Jack Brady!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Jampip wrote: »
    I love that call. Heard it numerous times on the terrace in a match there where you had a full forward line of Martin Dunne and Jack Brady!

And it's normally followed by harsh criticism of the two inside men,if the ball is given in,when they are outnumbered by 4 or 5 to 2 and they inevitably fail to win it.

Hammar wrote: »
    And it's normally followed by harsh criticism of the two inside men,if the ball is given in,when they are outnumbered by 4 or 5 to 2 and they inevitably fail to win it.

Our supporters are very bad for getting on the team's back alright. The Roscommon game last year was dreadful, even a few minutes in before the drubbing we got materialised they were at it.

I don't know what they expected when 8 starters or something crazy was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Size doesn't matter if its kicked in low to space.
    Cavan's forwards are usually nippy.

• Advertisement

Our supporters are very bad for getting on the team's back alright. The Roscommon game last year was dreadful, even a few minutes in before the drubbing we got materialised they were at it.

I don't know what they expected when 8 starters or something crazy was missing.

Oh come on, anyone who paid into that game was entitled to complain. It was wet & miserable & that was the worst inter county "display" that fans probably have ever had to endure. 2pts to 1 at half time? I'm still getting therapy to recover from that game

Oh come on, anyone who paid into that game was entitled to complain. It was wet & miserable & that was the worst inter county "display" that fans probably have ever had to endure. 2pts to 1 at half time? I'm still getting therapy to recover from that game

Not after 5-10 minutes in my book they weren't. It was far too early to be giving out at that stage.

As well as that, as I already pointed out, we were missing over half our starting team including influential players like Rory Dunne, Mackey and Killian Clarke.
    Size doesn't matter if its kicked in low to space.
    Cavan's forwards are usually nippy.

Martin Dunne would need to move to even appear nippy. Quick ball into space is just not something Cavan do under Hyland sadly.

Not after 5-10 minutes in my book they weren't. It was far too early to be giving out at that stage.

As well as that, as I already pointed out, we were missing over half our starting team including influential players like Rory Dunne, Mackey .

On the terrace I didn't hear anything of that- the exasperation wasn't about not "letting it in long" but more a resolute resistance to anyone- from either side- taking a risk when in a scoring position

It was all about "recycling".

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

Heard over the week-end that Mayo lost to Cavan by 8 points in a challenge game played behind closed doors. Last year they played each other in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

I think it was the Minors that had the win..

Covered stand now sold out. Looks like there's going to be a big crowd at this. Hopefully it's Cavan supporters and we aren't outnumbered by our compatriots from Monaghan.

The way the tickets are being sold is annoying though. It was much easier for the League games when you could buy them in Supervalu.

Are Supervalu not selling tickets for this match?
    They can be got in Brffni Park anyway.

Are Supervalu not selling tickets for this match?
    They can be got in Brffni Park anyway.

Nope, apparently Supervalu only did the League matches. Breffni Park isn't much good if you're in Bailieboro or Kingscourt!

Nope, apparently Supervalu only did the League matches. Breffni Park isn't much good if you're in Bailieboro or Kingscourt!

Fair enough, but surely those clubs have some for sale.

Available from clubs as well and online - gaa.tickets.ie.

Got mine in Breffni Park this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭willabur

any fear of this being a sell out?
    Would be some boast for the Ulster Championship to have the first two games sell outs if it was. 32,000 capacity is a big jump up from 18,000 so would imagine there would still be plenty of tickets to be got on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Im pretty sure the old man got tickets in Super Valu in Virginia on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Heard over the week-end that Mayo lost to Cavan by 8 points in a challenge game played behind closed doors. Last year they played each other in Ballina.

Unlikely as they played Meath the last weekend. They were training on Sunday morning, so maybe it was then.....but beating Mayo by 8......cant imagine that to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

Galligan not in goals for juniors tonight that may mean he is starting Sunday.

Juniors lost by a point to Louth tonight.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Juniors lost by a point to Louth tonight.

It was a very experimental junior team to be honest. Generally the junior team includes some of the senior panel but none were there tonight.

It was a very experimental junior team to be honest. Generally the junior team includes some of the senior panel but none were there tonight.

Don't think there would have been any of them eligible apart from Galligan. Any more that may have been?

celt262 wrote: »
    Don't think there would have been any of them eligible apart from Galligan. Any more that may have been?

Was Aaron Farrelly not in goals? He was in the side they put up on Twitter.

Was Aaron Farrelly not in goals? He was in the side they put up on Twitter.

Is he on the senior panel?

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Is he on the senior panel?

No goalie for juniors was Aaron Farrelly Ramor - James Farrelly Kingscourt goalie is on Senior Panel

Advertisement