Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Jampip

Peter would be fine. Jim Gavin and Eamon Fitzmaurice didn't have that much experience in management before being put in place, just some U21 experience like Peter.

They had panels with hugely experienced players who have provincial and All Ireland medals. We don't have that.

An experienced manager is needed with inexperienced players IMO.

Justin McNulty for me would be far superior to Peter Reilly just because of the experience he brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Only back from holidays but saw the match while over there. Was hugely disappointed with the result and the performance. To be honest I thought we were struggling badly even though we were still in it at half time. McEnroe was getting roasted and the link up with the forwards was poor. Argue at full forward simply didn't work.

We were way too open and I think we have should have reverted to a more defensive system - particularly with Rory Dunne missing. It is ironic that people were screaming for a more attacking style and going that way will probably spell the end of Hyland's time in charge.

I can see the writing on the wall now for Hyland and while we haven't built on 2013 and the underage success I still think that Cavan football is on an upward curve and we need to be careful not to jeopardise that by making rash decisions - particularly when the fundamental problem with Cavan football is still not being addressed.

Still, this was always going to be a big year for Cavan football and Hyland was always going to need to either beat Monaghan or have a good run in the qualifiers to not be under massive pressure for the job.

If we are to have a new manager I would like to see Peter and Larry involved with a good experienced backroom team - important to get this right. I have no idea what Liam McHale brought to the party but it obviously just didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Jampip wrote: »
    They had panels with hugely experienced players who have provincial and All Ireland medals. We don't have that.

An experienced manager is needed with inexperienced players IMO.

Justin McNulty for me would be far superior to Peter Reilly just because of the experience he brings.

I know I've asked you this before but why McNulty? When you say experience.. Experience of what? What did he do with Laois that you found impressive? I mean Pat Flanagan is an experienced manager, so is Tomas O'Flaharta. I wouldn't like to see either of them coming within a mile of Cavan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

I'm not sure just what justin mc nulty would bring....not too familiar with his management record ....was it laois he set the world alight with?

cavan4sam wrote: »
    I'm not sure just what justin mc nulty would bring....not too familiar with his management record ....was it laois he set the world alight with?

From little I know he was a fairly devisive figure in Laois - very defensive approach which wasn't loved by the purists - got them promoted to Division 1 but relegated next year. Lost to Longford and Louth in successive championships - had a bit of a run in the quailfiers but never set the world on fire. Has shown no inkling to get involved in management since - he's involved in politics in the North now.

He managed Mullahoran for a wee while so maybe that's the link :confused: bit of an odd choice imho.

• Advertisement

I know I've asked you this before but why McNulty? When you say experience.. Experience of what? What did he do with Laois that you found impressive? I mean Pat Flanagan is an experienced manager, so is Tomas O'Flaharta. I wouldn't like to see either of them coming within a mile of Cavan though.

Three seasons with Laois who are no world beaters - promoted to Division 1, relegated the following season as you'd expect, third in Division 2 the following season. Made the last 12 one year in the qualifiers and the fourth round a second year.

When I say an experienced manager, I mean one who has had a degree of success already with an intercounty team.
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    From little I know he was a fairly devisive figure in Laois - very defensive approach which wasn't loved by the purists - got them promoted to Division 1 but relegated next year. Lost to Longford and Louth in successive championships - had a bit of a run in the quailfiers but never set the world on fire. Has shown no inkling to get involved in management since - he's involved in politics in the North now.

He managed Mullahoran for a wee while so maybe that's the link :confused: bit of an odd choice imho.

He mentioned today on Newstalk that he's eager to get involved in management at some level again.

He managed Mullahoran to a county title.

Three seasons with Laois who are no world beaters - promoted to Division 1, relegated the following season as you'd expect, third in Division 2 the following season. Made the last 12 one year in the qualifiers and the fourth round a second year.

When I say an experienced manager, I mean one who has had a degree of success already with an intercounty team. I would see the above as somewhat of a success given the Laois panel he worked with.
    Tom Joad wrote: »

He mentioned today on Newstalk that he's eager to get involved in management at some level again.

He was just a suggestion. Interesting how three or four posters love to jump on same and paint me as a madman when the opportunity arises. I've been shown to be far more right than wrong when it comes to this forum.

What other coaches can people suggest other than Peter Reilly? I fail to see what he has achieved with the U21s or any team to warrant a crack with the best panel we've had in twenty years.

That may sound like an overstatement of talent but such is the dearth of same that we have had I'd see it as a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I know I know only a little about Cavan football but I thought McNulty was very good at laois I know some didn't like him, but he's well up on the fitness side of things and I thought he was a good tactician.

Interestingly he utilized the tall Clancy from midfield at number 14 very well, something you guys have a similar set up for, only for age and injury he'd have done more I think.

You guys already have a bit of a negative rep wrt defending so that's not there to damage like the laois lads thought he did for them.

I think you could do a lot worse.

When I say an experienced manager, I mean one who has had a degree of success already with an intercounty team. I would see the above as somewhat of a success given the Laois panel he worked with.

He was just a suggestion. Interesting how three or four posters love to jump on same and paint me as a madman when the opportunity arises. I've been shown to be far more right than wrong when it comes to this forum.

What other coaches can people suggest other than Peter Reilly? I fail to see what he has achieved with the U21s or any team to warrant a crack with the best panel we've had in twenty years.

That may sound like an overstatement of talent but such is the dearth of same that we have had I'd see it as a fact.

Don't start this sort of stuff Jampip it's embarrassing. Nobody was trying to paint you as anything, you chose a fairly random manager so I asked you to back up your choice.

I don't see how managing a team to a promotion to Division 1 and an All Ireland Quarter Final amounts to "a degree of success.." This is Laois remember, not Louth or Longford. Laois won an All Ireland Minor and 3/4 Leinster Minor Championships in the mid noughties. All those lads would have been in their 20s when McNulty took over. There was obviously talent within the county for him to work with.

I think McNulty being appointed would be about as mediocre an appointment as we could make. The only circumstances where I would want a manager appointed from outside the county would be if it was someone with a firm track record of achievement.

Peter Reilly did well with the U21s and while there was a lot of focus on defensive stability within the team, he also seemed to have the knack of getting the inside forward to function well when they didn't have marquee players in there. O'Connor and Enda Reilly in 2013 and Hayes and Dillon in 2014. Lost two AISFs by a point a piece, one to an outstanding Dublin side. (In fact in the 3 years U21 under Peter we lost 3 games and each was by a single point)
    There was a fantastic never say die attitude to his teams and there were a few games pulled from the fire (Monaghan in the first round 2013, Donegal 2014) Completely tactically dominated in a few games (Tyrone 2014, Derry 2014)
    I know a few of U21 panellists all of whom had the utmost of respect for Peter and only had good things to say about him, that included one lad let go from the panel.
    I think it's much better to have that structure in place whereby if you prove yourself at underage level in Cavan you'll get your chance at the top job. It's a way of enticing past players and budding managers into the county fold. IMO having Cavan managers in place at every level needs to be followed through to Senior. We did our time giving big money for supposed "big name" managers from outside the county and it never did us any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Don't start this sort of stuff Jampip it's embarrassing. Nobody was trying to paint you as anything, you chose a fairly random manager so I asked you to back up your choice.

I don't see how managing a team to a promotion to Division 1 and an All Ireland Quarter Final amounts to "a degree of success.." This is Laois remember, not Louth or Longford. Laois won an All Ireland Minor and 3/4 Leinster Minor Championships in the mid noughties. All those lads would have been in their 20s when McNulty took over. There was obviously talent within the county for him to work with.

I think McNulty being appointed would be about as mediocre an appointment as we could make. The only circumstances where I would want a manager appointed from outside the county would be if it was someone with a firm track record of achievement.

Peter Reilly did well with the U21s and while there was a lot of focus on defensive stability within the team, he also seemed to have the knack of getting the inside forward to function well when they didn't have marquee players in there. O'Connor and Enda Reilly in 2013 and Hayes and Dillon in 2014. Lost two AISFs by a point a piece, one to an outstanding Dublin side. (In fact in the 3 years U21 under Peter we lost 3 games and each was by a single point)
    There was a fantastic never say die attitude to his teams and there were a few games pulled from the fire (Monaghan in the first round 2013, Donegal 2014) Completely tactically dominated in a few games (Tyrone 2014, Derry 2014)
    I know a few of U21 panellists all of whom had the utmost of respect for Peter and only had good things to say about him, that included one lad let go from the panel.
    I think it's much better to have that structure in place whereby if you prove yourself at underage level in Cavan you'll get your chance at the top job. It's a way of enticing past players and budding managers into the county fold. IMO having Cavan managers in place at every level needs to be followed through to Senior. We did our time giving big money for supposed "big name" managers from outside the county and it never did us any good.
    I agree with pretty much every single point you've made there. Nicely put.

• Advertisement

McNulty just seems such a random name and you've mentioned his name a few times as far as I recall - it's a bit of head scratcher for me as he's not a name that would be one that comes to mind readily if you were looking for someone from outside.

I would still prefer that the next manager (if Terry does go) to be from within the current setup but I do think there is a place for some outside experience as part of the team.

Never did us any good!? '97, '01 and '05, our three most successful years of the past twenty bar 2013, were all under outside managers.

What's embarrassing? Pointing out that I've been right continually in the past yet ridiculed for saying what was not popular on here. Why wouldn't I point it out? The usual suspects all appear back to thank your post. It's ridiculous stuff on here.

So Peter Reilly's managerial experience amounts to three years of glorious failures with our U21s? Little old Cavan should be happy to only lose by a point each year while Tyrone only need one run at the hill to win an All Ireland that we couldn't win with four attempts. Maybe it's about time we stopped rejoicing near failures.

I really don't get the negative press about "outside managers". For every Mattie Kerrigan or Tommy Carr, there's an Eamonn Coleman or Martin McHugh. For every Terry Hyland, there's a Donal Keoghan. Also, would a man from within the county have had the balls to make the hard calls Val Andrews did?

The fact is we do not have experienced managers within the county, therefore we need to look outside.

Fermanagh beat Roscommon today. A
    Fermanagh side I would see our lads as a superior side to beat a Ros side that have made our lads look very ordinary two years in a row. I'll still be very surprised if Terry stays on but it should increase the pressure on him thankfully. People have to realise he simply isn't getting the best out of the team.

Re McNulty, as I've said, Laois were far from world beaters and he did a decent job. Id certainly see his time with Laois as a better indicator than Peter Reilly's time with our U21s. Maybe Joe Kernan would be available.

Never did us any good!? '97, '01 and '05, our three most successful years of the past twenty bar 2013, were all under outside managers.

What's embarrassing? Pointing out that I've been right continually in the past yet ridiculed for saying what was not popular on here. Why wouldn't I point it out? The usual suspects all appear back to thank your post. It's ridiculous stuff on here.

So Peter Reilly's managerial experience amounts to three years of glorious failures with our U21s? Little old Cavan should be happy to only lose by a point each year while Tyrone only need one run at the hill to win an All Ireland that we couldn't win with four attempts. Maybe it's about time we stopped rejoicing near failures.

I really don't get the negative press about "outside managers". For every Mattie Kerrigan or Tommy Carr, there's an Eamonn Coleman or Martin McHugh. For every Terry Hyland, there's a Donal Keoghan. Also, would a man from within the county have had the balls to make the hard calls Val Andrews did?

The fact is we do not have experienced managers within the county, therefore we need to look outside.

Fermanagh side I would see our lads as a superior side to beat a Ros side that have made our lads look very ordinary two years in a row. I'll still be very surprised if Terry stays on but it should increase the pressure on him thankfully. People have to realise he simply isn't getting the best out of the team.

Re McNulty, as I've said, Laois were far from world beaters and he did a decent job. Id certainly see his time with Laois as a better indicator than Peter Reilly's time with our U21s. Maybe Joe Kernan would be available.

Yes all that, I find extremely embarrassing. You're on an internet forum man! I don't recall anything you've said been particularly insightful or visionary and even if there was something you got right what has that got to do with the point we're arguing? The chest beating and claiming that you're subject to some sort of conspiracy with people thanking each others posts is highly embarrassing.

The double standards in the post above are hilarious. On one had you're saying we shouldn't celebrate glorious failures and you detract from the work of Terry and Peter based on this. On the other hand you're congratulating the outside managers for the runs in the backdoor of 2001 and 2005, were they not glorious failures? By your own logic are you not celebrating the mediocrity of a few back door wins without a real challenge?

You want Justin McNulty who has never even got so far as a glorious failure with Laois to take over Cavan. Also you never even responded to the fact that Laois had a Minor All Ireland along with a few Leinster Minor titles. Doesn't suit the agenda though so leave that out and try to make it out that he worked wonders with a small team..

How much of Laois did you actually see? You must have been a fan of how he set out his teams or what defined the teams he managed? The basic basic analysis of why you want him is juvenille. "Laois were far from world beaters and he did a decent job" Well Cavan County Board there you have it, sign him up.
    I backed up my reasons for choosing Peter, perhaps you can do something similar as I assume you have more detailed reasons for beating the drum for this man to be appointed than the line above?

I'm a usual suspect? I'm only on the board a few months. Are you annoyed that I didn't keep arguing the same point over and over again until I admitted that you were right? Could you highlight statistically how many times you're right? Surely if more people on the board think you're wrong than right than that proves a point? That was your point about statistics.

People are allowed to give opposing views without thinking you're crazy.

Every time someone finds you're point unusual (even if/when you're "proved" to be right) you take it personally and tell us all about how often you've been right.

I stopped posting after you told me that stats proved a point and that you could only take into account the views of people on this board.

That's my final point on thisdiscussion. I look forward to the next one.

I'm a usual suspect? I'm only on the board a few months. Are you annoyed that I didn't keep arguing the same point over and over again until I admitted that you were right? Could you highlight statistically how many times you're right? Surely if more people on the board think you're wrong than right than that proves a point? That was your point about statistics.

People are allowed to give opposing views without thinking you're crazy.

Every time someone finds you're point unusual (even if/when you're "proved" to be right) you take it personally and tell us all about how often you've been right.

I stopped posting after you told me that stats proved a point and that you could only take into account the views of people on this board.

That's my final point on thisdiscussion. I look forward to the next one.

I was told that theories like benching Mackey were "crazy" yet that is exactly what management chose to do. I've also been beating a drum that Argue is not a full forward. I was also told it was ridiculous to move Gearoid away from midfield. He proceeded to score 1-3 in a matter of minutes against London then away from midfield.

The above is totally incorrect. I never said I would only take into account the views of people on this board, I said the only views that could be taken into account are those that can be validated, be they through RTE Player, Twitter, online articles etc.

It's no good you saying three lads at the match standing near you agreed with you. Do you really expect that to be accepted in a debate here? I could just as easily say ten lads agreed with me.

As it stands, the manager of the team himself has backed my opinion on Newstalk. Have a listen to their podcast from Saturday. There's an opinion that can be validated.

Yes all that, I find extremely embarrassing. You're on an internet forum man! I don't recall anything you've said been particularly insightful or visionary and even if there was something you got right what has that got to do with the point we're arguing? The chest beating and claiming that you're subject to some sort of conspiracy with people thanking each others posts is highly embarrassing.

The double standards in the post above are hilarious. On one had you're saying we shouldn't celebrate glorious failures and you detract from the work of Terry and Peter based on this. On the other hand you're congratulating the outside managers for the runs in the backdoor of 2001 and 2005, were they not glorious failures? By your own logic are you not celebrating the mediocrity of a few back door wins without a real challenge?

You want Justin McNulty who has never even got so far as a glorious failure with Laois to take over Cavan. Also you never even responded to the fact that Laois had a Minor All Ireland along with a few Leinster Minor titles. Doesn't suit the agenda though so leave that out and try to make it out that he worked wonders with a small team..

How much of Laois did you actually see? You must have been a fan of how he set out his teams or what defined the teams he managed? The basic basic analysis of why you want him is juvenille. "Laois were far from world beaters and he did a decent job" Well Cavan County Board there you have it, sign him up.
    I backed up my reasons for choosing Peter, perhaps you can do something similar as I assume you have more detailed reasons for beating the drum for this man to be appointed than the line above?

What I find "embarrassing" is that you think the actions of an internet handle, where someone is incognito, would embarrass them. I think you're the one who needs to remember "you're on an Internet forum man"!

It's debating skill. Why wouldn't I point out in the past where I have been correct and you've backed the wrong horse? It's happened on a few occasions now which is probably why you get so passionate and over-the-top about my posts.

You must feel you need to prove a point now. At one point you even tried to manufacture a strain on the relationship between Terry Hyland and an ex player which you knew didn't exist to try and prove your point.

Where did I celebrate the glorious failures of '01 and '05? I merely pointed out that I don't see why people have a problem with outside managers when our best seasons have come from them. No celebration there. Just a rebuttal of your point. Re back door wins without a real challenge, in '01 we got to an Ulster final. We had no back door wins. In '05 we beat Donegal and Meath. Those are fairly decent challenges.

Where did I detract from the work of Terry? 2013 in terms of the championship was fantastic. The two years since have been terrible. As I said, what appears to be a fairly ordinary Ros team have beaten us easily now on two occasions. I think that is fair to say tbh.

I didn't think a Cavan man would have to be told that underage success doesn't guarantee senior success. By your logic, Galway should be challenging for the All Ireland every year now given their success.

McNulty also managed Mullahoran in 2001. He broke the Gaels dominance for the single year he was there. All the players spoke very highly of him. I watched them on a number of occasions and he got the best out of limited players. After this, he also took St Brigids to the final of a highly competitive Dublin championship. Again, Blanchardstown has a huge Cavan connection and the people there spoke highly of him.

In Laois, as I've said, he took them to an All Ireland quarter final and the last twelve. They also had League success in getting to Division 1. A poster above Stoner has also spoken about his time there yet you choose to ignore that. Perhaps you expected more of this particular Laois side?

It also depends on the expectations of the team. Peter Reilly had a good Cavan team who I feel should have at least reached an All Ireland final at some juncture. Therefore he under achieved.

I wouldn't see it as under achieving though for the Laois team McNulty had to be reaching Div 1 or the quarter finals of the AI.

It's all about perspective. It's like how you worry about the actions of your anonymous forum persona and how they are perceived, I couldn't give a toss. I'm
    wasting a few hours in work. Perspective.

Stoner wrote: »
    I know I know only a little about Cavan football but I thought McNulty was very good at laois I know some didn't like him, but he's well up on the fitness side of things and I thought he was a good tactician.

Interestingly he utilized the tall Clancy from midfield at number 14 very well, something you guys have a similar set up for, only for age and injury he'd have done more I think.

You guys already have a bit of a negative rep wrt defending so that's not there to damage like the laois lads thought he did for them.

I think you could do a lot worse.

Just highlighting this post that you lads all missed.

Re a reply to it, McNulty spoke on Saturday on Newstalk about management being about lifting players above their normal performance level. That's exactly what Cavan need.

We also need a good tactician badly because Terry has been found continually wanting. Decisions like continuing to start Mackey when he clearly hasn't the fitness levels are just flabbergasting.

I was told that theories like benching Mackey were "crazy" yet that is exactly what management chose to do. I've also been beating a drum that Argue is not a full forward. I was also told it was ridiculous to move Gearoid away from midfield. He proceeded to score 1-3 in a matter of minutes against London then away from midfield.

The above is totally incorrect. I never said I would only take into account the views of people on this board, I said the only views that could be taken into account are those that can be validated, be they through RTE Player, Twitter, online articles etc.

It's no good you saying three lads at the match standing near you agreed with you. Do you really expect that to be accepted in a debate here? I could just as easily say ten lads agreed with me.

As it stands, the manager of the team himself has backed my opinion on Newstalk. Have a listen to their podcast from Saturday. There's an opinion that can be validated.
    What the hell, I'll have one more go at trying to explain.

If you told me that forty lads around you thought that Cavan had no chance of beating Roscommon at half time then I'd have taken your word for it. It wouldn't have made my opinion any more or less valid because it's just an opinion.

If people thought that play Gearoid in the forward line or not starting Mackey was crazy, that's their opinion. The fact that Hyland did exactly what you proposed just means that Hyland agreed with you. It doesn't make the others' views any less valid.

Imagine if I said that Mackey should play corner-back. I'd imagine that everyone would think I'm crazy. If Mackey was then to play corner-back what would that prove? Absolutely nothing.

Why don't you try making your point, backing it up and accept that other people will disagree or agree or think you're off your head. Don't take it personally, argue your point (without using ****ing statistics or a head count on who agrees with you) and move on.

Nobody's out to get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

What the hell, I'll have one more go at trying to explain.

If people thought that play Gearoid in the forward line or not starting Mackey was crazy, that's their opinion. The fact that Hyland did exactly what you proposed just means that Hyland agreed with you. It doesn't make the others' views any less valid.

Gearoid actually played a right bit of the game against Monaghan around the centre forward position so it wasn't a new thing against London. I think Mackey was not fully fit so that was why he didn't start against London so no need for the chest beating there anyway Jampip. The fact that Mackey started against Roscommon would be proof enough of that.

Imagine if I said that Mackey should play corner-back. I'd imagine that everyone would think I'm crazy. If Mackey was then to play corner-back what would that prove? Absolutely nothing.

It would prove that both yourself and Terry Hyland are crazy

Ok jampip we are all wrong
    I for one neither have the time or the patience to go back and copy and paste over all the posts like yourself
    So I'll make a few little points

1. McNulty won nothing with laois even after the county had won a leinster senior and numerous underage titles
    2. Our last successful year at senior was 1997 ....not 01 or 05
    3. We have won 5 provincial titles at underage and hopefully this time next week it will be 6 in 5 years along with under 16 success All Managed by cavan men
    4. We are a work in progress and to bring in an outside self glorifying manager and pay the big bucks is not the answer
    5. The players know and respect the managers they have played for underage some of them may get too big for their boots and things dont work out for them .....such is life it happens in every county

I for one would not like to see an outside manager appointed should terry leave.
    Maybe we should start setting ourselves more realistic goals until the current crop of players mature. By all means set high standards but let them be realistic. .we are a long way off provincial success

Cavan4sam
    (Leaves preparing for lots of blue on the screen on the next visit from the copy and paste merchants )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Blue in hope

I for one neither have the time or the patience to go back and copy and paste over all the posts like yourself

1. McNulty won nothing with laois even after the county had won a leinster senior and numerous underage titles
    3. We have won 5 provincial titles at underage and hopefully this time next week it will be 6 in 5 years along with under 16 success All Managed by cavan men
    4. We are a work in progress and to bring in an outside self glorifying manager and pay the big bucks is not the answer
    5. The players know and respect the managers they have played for underage some of them may get too big for their boots and things dont work out for them .....such is life it happens in every county

I for one would not like to see an outside manager appointed should terry leave.
    Maybe we should start setting ourselves more realistic goals until the current crop of players mature. By all means set high standards but let them be realistic. .we are a long way off provincial success

Cavan4sam
    (Leaves preparing for lots of blue on the screen on the next visit from the copy and paste merchants )

People seem to think that only outside managers cost big bucks. From I have been told the current management teams "expenses" were huge. No less than what an outsider manager would cost.

People seem to think that only outside managers cost big bucks. From I have been told the current management teams "expenses" were huge. No less than what an outsider manager would cost.

Absolute total horse manure of the very highest order that the expenses of the current management are huge. Whoever told you that is talking through their hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

Well I have heard stuff lately and the man that is saying it is a former manager has the daggers in for Hyland so wouldn't believe it all.

Just highlighting this post that you lads all missed.

Re a reply to it, McNulty spoke on Saturday on Newstalk about management being about lifting players above their normal performance level. That's exactly what Cavan need.

We also need a good tactician badly because Terry has been found continually wanting. Decisions like continuing to start Mackey when he clearly hasn't the fitness levels are just flabbergasting.

With genius thinking like that, it would be a travesty if we weren't to get him. Most managers would think management is about getting players to perform below their normal level. This is a revelation. Sign him up.

With genius thinking like that, it would be a travesty if we weren't to get him. Most managers would think management is about getting players to perform below their normal level. This is a revelation. Sign him up.

Nothing constructive to add other than sniping? There's a full response for you above.

Nothing constructive to add other than sniping? There's a full response for you above.

Ah I really couldn't be bothered Jampip.. As Cavan4sam said above, your method of argument seems to be to post replies so long that nobody could be bothered to reply and then claim victory. I actually do some work at my job so can't spend long hours picking apart what you're writing.

Two good weekends of underage action ahead for us. Haven't seen the U16s yet but I'll try make it to Oldcastle for the Final.
    Quiet enough build up to the Minor game? Sounds like stopping Conor Glass will be the main worry.

Ah I really couldn't be bothered Jampip.. As Cavan4sam said above, your method of argument seems to be to post replies so long that nobody could be bothered to reply and then claim victory. I actually do some work at my job so can't spend long hours picking apart what you're writing.

Review the last two-three days on the thread. You started the long responses, not me. I'm not claiming victory. Your own lack of an adequate response to your points being suitably rebutted means you've well and truly thrown in the proverbial towel. You're right to quit now though.

Cavan4sam

I don't think anybody expects provincial success. If I'd told you at the start of the season though we could make an All Ireland quarter final by playing London, Roscommon, Fermanagh and Westmeath, would you not have snapped my hand off?

A great chance to get our lads into another quarter final and a trip to Croker has been lost.

What man would you recommend for the job?

Thats pure BS jampip nobody could have forseen that and i dont think we have the right to think we'd have beaten fermanagh or westmeath either to be honest . The long and short of it is that we beat london ..no one else. And if london are the only team you can beat in the championship then you are a long way off the all Ireland quarter final no matter what way you try to twist it

• Advertisement

Thats pure BS jampip nobody could have forseen that and i dont think we have the right to think we'd have beaten fermanagh or westmeath either to be honest . The long and short of it is that we beat london ..no one else. And if london are the only team you can beat in the championship then you are a long way off the all Ireland quarter final no matter what way you try to twist it

I didn't say anyone could have foreseen it so don't go over the top labelling comments "bs". I said had I told you a draw like that would come to fruition you'd have snapped my hand off.

I believe we are a better team than Fermanagh or Westmeath. We've beaten Fermanagh five times out of six in the last three seasons for example.

There's no twisting here by the way. I'm being quite open. There was a great chance to make an AI quarter final again this year and we fluffed it. The manager has to take the bulk of the blame for that IMO.

I also posed a question. Who do you recommend from within the county for the job?

Advertisement