Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Another draw in the senior championship this evening between Mullahoran and Ballinagh - decent game. Ballinagh scored a penalty inside 2 minutes but done well to salvage a draw from this. Podge Reilly was blackcarded early in the second half and looked if this would slip away from them.

Lacken comfortably beat Denn.

Anyone in Breffni tonight - another issue with the floodlights when Castlerahan are playing!

Kingscourt got up and running in the championship - took them 4 games to get a win!

Killeshandra beat Cootehill in the other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Anyone in Breffni tonight - another issue with the floodlights when Castlerahan are playing!

Kingscourt got up and running in the championship - took them 4 games to get a win!

Wasn't in breffni but was listening to we are cavan, A fuse box on the floodlight behind the stand went up in flames/Plenty of smoke, So they had to turn off the generators for the lights...

Note to CCC: Let Castlerahen play there game during light hours from now on :cool:

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Note to CCC: Let Castlerahen play there game during light hours from now on :cool:

Or everyone brings a candle with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Kingscourt have beaten Drumgoon.

• Advertisement

Kingscourt have beaten Drumgoon.

Actually had forgotten about that one. They kicked a good score against CuCu's.

Actually had forgotten about that one. They kicked a good score against CuCu's.

Yeah could be peaking at right time. Castlerahan look to have got act together with Cian McEnroe playing well. Ramor look good and Mullahoran and Ballinagh still there. Still the Gaels to lose but there are a good few contenders which is good. Think the standard has being decent enough so far. Quarter finals should see a rise in the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Mullahoran beat Ballinagh this evening in Breffni. Ref robbed Ballinagh by playing 5 minutes of injury time to allow Mullahoran to draw the game. Mullahoran then scored 2 goals in extra time to hold on for a quarter final spot

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Wrong to say he robbed them, there was at least 2 minutes of codology during injury time, and he played the additional time accordingly.

Ballinagh should have really pushed on when Niall Mc came on. They were hugely dominant then.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game Wednesday evening. Was talking to a few Ballinagh people who were livid with the ref. The Kingscourt game is a tricky one for them. Mullahoran will go far this year - they have a great knack of winning tight games.

• Advertisement

Hugely dependent on Paul Brady though, snuff him out and they are lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Blue in hope

At the game wednesday nightas a interested neutral. Not a good game. Mullahoran got two scores in the second half both from play a goal and a superb point from Paul Brady. Ballinagh were annoyed with the ref but yes he played two and a half minutes extra in added time, but i wouldnt blame him there was a lot of messing around running the clock down by Ballinagh. The red card for their corner back took up two minutes of the three allocated. I reckon Ballinagh got seven of their ten scores from frees some very soft and Mullahoran couldn't buy a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

At the game wednesday nightas a interested neutral. Not a good game. Mullahoran got two scores in the second half both from play a goal and a superb point from Paul Brady. Ballinagh were annoyed with the ref but yes he played two and a half minutes extra in added time, but i wouldnt blame him there was a lot of messing around running the clock down by Ballinagh. The red card for their corner back took up two minutes of the three allocated. I reckon Ballinagh got seven of their ten scores from frees some very soft and Mullahoran couldn't buy a free.

Who was the man in charge.....dont say McQuillan!!

Draw for senior championship Quarters:

Ramor v Castlerahan

Cavan Gaels v Kingscourt/ Ballinagh

Killeshandra v Lacken

Mullahoran v Cootehill/Killygarry

Intermediate Semis:

Arva v Belturbet/Swad

Drumlane v Ballyhaise

Draw for senior championship Quarters:

Ramor v Castlerahan

Cavan Gaels v Kingscourt/ Ballinagh

Killeshandra v Lacken

Mullahoran v Cootehill/Killygarry

Intermediate Semis:

Arva v Belturbet/Swad

Drumlane v Ballyhaise

Top two at senior there very tasty. I hope the county board give ballinagh/kingscourt a chance to recover.

Top two at senior there very tasty. I hope the county board give ballinagh/kingscourt a chance to recover.

Yep both Kingscourt and Ballinagh have played a lot of football in recent weeks so deserve a chance to recover. Wouldn't be surprised though if replay is Wed night in Breffni though!

Yep both Kingscourt and Ballinagh have played a lot of football in recent weeks so deserve a chance to recover. Wouldn't be surprised though if replay is Wed night in Breffni though!

I'd say you're right and be looking at a Wednesday Sunday for them which will be very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Cootehill v Killygarry was a cracker. It had everything including points that weren't point given and points that were not given .....hessan again was brilliant i would really love to see him back in the county set up

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Cootehill v Killygarry was a cracker. It had everything including points that weren't point given and points that were not given .....hessan again was brilliant i would really love to see him back in the county set up

What was final score?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What was final score?

Cootehill 0 - 24, Killygarry 3 - 15 Draw.

• Advertisement

Declan McCabe, Dermot's brother a new selector with Meath.

Castlerahan had a surprisingly easy win over Ramor. Oisin O Connell was outstanding. Mackey was very good too.

Only made the Kingscourt/Ballinagh game at the weekend and it was definitely the wrong one to go to. It was dire stuff altogether. Ballinagh were completely flat and their big players never showed for them. They allowed Barry Reilly control the game from midfield and in truth Kingscourt should have scored another 7/8 points.

Nice to see Joe Dillon back playing after all his injury woes - he was very rusty but was constantly showing for the ball.

Hard to know, based on that game, if Kingscourt could beat the gaels.

Kingscourt beat the Gaels and Mullahoran beaten by Killygarry.

Semi final draw is
    Kingscourt v killygarry
    Killeshandra v Castlerahan

Kingscourt beat the Gaels and Mullahoran beaten by Killygarry.

And Japan bet South Africa. Day of shocks.

Semi final draw is
    Kingscourt v killygarry
    Killeshandra v Castlerahan

Both games on Saturday evening is what I heard. Havent seen anything of Killygarry but would assume Kingscourt big favourites there....and a revenge mission for Castlerahan

Killygarry v Kingscourt is Sunday at 4:45

Gallant_JJ wrote: »

I stand corrected....more cash for The County Board if the semis are kept apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    is there a date for when the final is supposed to be?

I looked at the county board website and no joy.

Advertisement