Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

is there a date for when the final is supposed to be?

I looked at the county board website and no joy.

I think I read the 11th October but can't for the life of me remember where I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I stand corrected....more cash for The County Board if the semis are kept apart

Sunday's SF is part of a triple-header.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Sunday's SF is part of a triple-header.

Didnt realise that...still suspect that a lot of neutrals will be going to Breffni this w/e and paying 20-25 over the 2 days to see the 2 semi finals and very little else. I wonder what price the triple header? A lot more than a tenner I suspect

Tom Joad wrote: »
    I think I read the 11th October but can't for the life of me remember where I read it.

Will be a minimum of 2 weeks after this weekend if not 3

Will be a minimum of 2 weeks after this weekend if not 3

My homework for today is to remember where I read it and post it here. Could have been last weeks Celt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

My homework for today is to remember where I read it and post it here. Could have been last weeks Celt.

according to this the senior final was originally scheduled for next Sunday the 27th
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=91812

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Blue in hope

The Senior Final is due to be played on the 11th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Blue in hope

Cavans provisional fixtures for the National League 2016 have been released. They are:

Jan 31st Tyrone V Cavan
    Feb 6th Cavan V Derry
    Feb 27th Meath V Cavan
    March 5th Cavan V Armagh
    March 12th Fermanagh V Cavan
    March 26th Cavan V Laois
    April 2 nd Cavan V Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Any news from Breffni park?

tanko wrote: »
    Any news from Breffni park?

Kingscourt by 2. Done their very best to throw a game they were cruising through away. Kingscourt v Castlerahan final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Hopefully the Co board realise that ire v fra in RWC is on the 11th OCT and a ire v pol later that nite. A wee bit of cop on and play the final as a stand alone fixture at 1.30 or 2 o clock PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Hopefully the Co board realise that ire v fra in RWC is on the 11th OCT and a ire v pol later that nite. A wee bit of cop on and play the final as a stand alone fixture at 1.30 or 2 o clock PLEASE

I doubt they'll do that but here's hoping. Should be a good game. I'd put Kingscourt as slight favourites.

Not going to happen as the Run with Catherina is on at 1 o clock in Cavan Town. I'd say it will be 3:30 start at earliest because of that!

Not going to happen as the Run with Catherina is on at 1 o clock in Cavan Town. I'd say it will be 3:30 start at earliest because of that!

feck, i"m down to do that run as well!!!!!. Maybe sat night game?

feck, i"m down to do that run as well!!!!!. Maybe sat night game?

Under lights and Castlerahan. What could possibly go wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Castlerahan v kingscourt 3pm on Sunday 11th.

Ballyhaise should be favourites Sunday but Arvagh will put it up to them.

Has anyone seen anyone different that could be a worthwhile addition to Cavan panel or at least be given chance? Declan McKiernan deserves another go. Maybe Oisin O Connell. In a lot of games county players are shining such as Barry Reilly, Martin Reilly etc.

For me Mackey has being star of the championship.

Ballyhaise should be favourites Sunday but Arvagh will put it up to them.

Has anyone seen anyone different that could be a worthwhile addition to Cavan panel or at least be given chance? Declan McKiernan deserves another go. Maybe Oisin O Connell. In a lot of games county players are shining such as Barry Reilly, Martin Reilly etc.

Agree on Mackey with Barry Reilly a close second. Head and shoulders above the rest. Outside the tried and tested Darragh Gunne and Peter Corrigan have impressed me outside who you mentioned. Young Brady from Mullahoran who's just back from Dublin has been good in patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

To be fair i dont think any player has laced Enda Hessans boots

cavan4sam wrote: »

Good call all right. Hopefully he gets a chance with Cavan. Mackey though still shades it for me although he's helped by a stronger supporting cast.

• Advertisement

Forgot about him but haven't seen Cootehill in championship this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Enda Hesslin had a great championship. Stephen Smith for Ballyhaise had a fine one too. Barry Reilly's distribution is second to no one in the county. He hit a great point from off the ground on the left side with his left boot from around the 45 in the semi final. I couldn't believe it went over. If he's not centre half forward for Cavan next year I just won't know what to think.

I saw Mackey against Killeshandra and as bad as the leaguers were I thought Mackey was a bit laboured at times and takes on too much. Castlerahan have a lot of quick forwards who sliced Killeshandra open. Only for Masterson in goals it would have been a hammering.

Possibly the best story of the championship was the victory of Templeport in the junior championship. Its great to see a club from West Cavan produce young talent.

Will cash be taken for the hill in breffni tomorrow?

Will cash be taken for the hill in breffni tomorrow?

Just covered stand is ticket.

Decent County Final. Felt Castlerahan deserved a draw after leading for most of the match.... And I believe they have Kingscourt in a League match next Sunday!!
    Mackey well shackled but still managed to play the pass of the match in the second half, a 40 yard crossfield ball to Smith I think who popped it over.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Sounded like a decent game felt for castlerahan at the end but probably that experience of being there a few times stood to kingscourt .
    Who do the play in ulster now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Who do the play in ulster now?

Sunday 1st November (Quarter Finals)
    (c) (An Cabhán) v (An Dún)
    So against Kilcoo

and then
    Sunday 15th November (Semi Finals)
    against the winner of:
    (b) (Ard Mhacha) v (Aontroim)
    Crossmaglen v to be decided

from
    http://ulster.gaa.ie/UlsterClub2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭rrs

The last 20 muinutes were decent , game opened up a bit. It was very poor stuff until then. Both defenses on top for the most part. Casterahan probaly too defensive.

Enjoyable game. Very tactical and some great defending and long range point taking. McIntyre should have got MOTM. Philip Smith turned the game setting up goal and couple of points at vital stage. Enda O Connell done good job on Gunne who barely touched ball. Cormac Daly looks a fine prospect. Kicked two huge points and done well for a 19yr old. Castlerahan will be back you'd imagine with their age profile. Experience and know how won in end for Kingscourt but thankful for post at end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭rrs

The first half was one of the poorest games of football in a long time. 5pts to 2.

Some tight tactical battles, but most people like to see entertaining football especially at Club level. When the County games are like a game of chess it's hard to watch the same at Club level.

Advertisement