Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Wait, what....Keith Barr? Our Keith Barr?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Draw for next years league has been made and its not particularly favourable. Tough Start!!!

Cavan v Dublin
    Monaghan v Cavan
    Tyrone v Cavan
    Cavan v Donegal
    Mayo v Cavan
    Cavan v Kerry
    Roscommon v Cavan

4 games away from home. More of the teams we might fancy ourselves against are also away. Playing Kerry late in the campaign, despite it being at home isn't great either.

Tough start and a tough finish. Next year was always going to be tough. I hope team pushes on from this year and stays in Division 1 and gets a good run in the Championship. I was at Carlow and Derry games this year in Qualifiers and improvement from those days is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Wait, what....Keith Barr? Our Keith Barr?

Yeah that Keith Barr. Lacken I believe proposed him. Anthony Cunningham would be a good candidate. Heard good things from Laois camp about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Yeah that Keith Barr. Lacken I believe proposed him. Anthony Cunningham would be a good candidate. Heard good things from Laois camp about him.

Cunningham apparently only interested if he doesnt get the Limerick Hurling job

Id be moving on....second choice and we are Div 1....no thanks

Interviews apparently starting in 2 weeks

Cunningham apparently only interested if he doesnt get the Limerick Hurling job

Id be moving on....second choice and we are Div 1....no thanks

Interviews apparently starting in 2 weeks

Cunningham didn't get Limerick job.

• Advertisement

Was told at the weekend that Cunningham is the choice and that they are just waiting for it to be ratified......I presume thats by the clubs

Was told at the weekend that Cunningham is the choice and that they are just waiting for it to be ratified......I presume thats by the clubs

I'd be happy with this.

Tasty Senior County Final in prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

So Cunningham has ruled himself out the rumour mill is in full flow again Banty the name being mentioned most ....Id like to think we can do better

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Absolutely, Banty is a spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Lots of talk about Tony McEntee.
    It would be nice to see Mackey and Flanagan get their hands on the cup.

Declan Bonner linked with the job now

If hes as good as wee Martin Id take him!! Donegal U-21 boss apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

All these names being mentioned and still no appointment that we know off is starting to sound desperate.sam allardyce will b next too be linked too this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Banty Mc Eneaney being linked with the Cavan job ????
    Surely Cavan can do better than that.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=261796

He was interviewed all right but he won't get it I don't think. Mattie McGlennen also interviewed. He is the favourite. Jack Sheedy the third candidate interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭willabur

Thank God. The alternative was scary.

True, can't believe they were even considering that yoke.

Thankfully the othe clown didnt get it .. There had been talk during the week that after the monaghan final Mc Gleenan would be announced thankfull it wasn't BS like many other of the names mentioned
    Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Well what a shambolic attempt by Castlerahan to win a poor game,no belief or trust in their ability to kick a ball forward ,pathetic management from Reilly.Well done Ramor

• Advertisement

Well what a shambolic attempt by Castlerahan to win a poor game,no belief or trust in their ability to kick a ball forward ,pathetic management from Reilly.Well done Ramor

Have to agree. In Mackey they have the best forward in Cavan and it looks like Reilly expects him to weave his magic as the attacking plan. Granted they had to revise their defence due to Coles influence the last day but it was overkill. Ramor the best team on both days.

After starting so well I can't understand why they just sat back. That's 3 defeats in 6 years in Finals. I don't think they will get a better chance

After starting so well I can't understand why they just sat back. That's 3 defeats in 6 years in Finals. I don't think they will get a better chance

Thats the master plan all the way from crossmaglen. I"ve never seen a team so afraid to shoot from outside 20metres,they cud have the 6 allstar forwards and still do the same! Never changed tactics from drawn game

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Who is over Castlerahan?

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Who is over Castlerahan?

Is it Michael Reilly from Knockbride???

tanko wrote: »
    Is it Michael Reilly from Knockbride???

It was until 5 o clock sunday evening:):):)

With the negative approach Im starting to think McNulty has a big enough say. I heard that he (McNulty) told Cooney, the corner back to stop going forward, when he scored 2 points in the first 10 mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Thats the rumour round bjd,heard it twice and I was only in town for 20mins

Joe McCarthy Kingscourt Stars RIP, a class act on and off the pitch. A huge loss to Cavan GAA, thanks for everything Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

I marked Joe on a number of occasions. The sheer class was still there in his late 30's,Remember him turning onto his left from just under 45 metres out, out on the right, probably a good 50 metres plus out, me thinking,there ya go,no danger, and he just nonchalantly curls it over the black spot on his "weaker foot".

What struck me however was during breaks of play, he would talk football and especially about my own club (Ballyhaise),his knowledge of players(not even county ones) of a club nearly 40 miles away was amazing to me. He was a proper gentleman also.

We've lost a great one. All our thoughts go out to Joe's family and friends and all of Kingscourt GFC during these difficult times.
    RIP

• Advertisement

Never had the pleasure of playing against Joe but had the pleasure of watching him from early 90s ..

What an underrated player he did things with a ball that players now couldn't even dream of !!!

I often thought that he was definitely one of the unlucky ones to miss out on an Ulster medal !!

RIP Joe both your memory and your legacy live on

Advertisement