Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

They should still be asked and see if Mickey can be persuasive.

I assume Ronan and Enda Flanagan will be asked as well.

Would like to see Oisin Kieran start as Centre half back, possibly move Clarke to full back and bring Faulkner out the middle with James Smith. Get Gearoid on the 40 to do damage.

How did Phillips from Gowna do this year? One of the players who emerged with credit from the league of 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Ronan Flanagan has maybe been player of championship but he is retired a few years. Brian O Connell centre back for me.

Gearoid moving to Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭celt262

Ronan Flanagan has maybe been player of championship but he is retired a few years. Brian O Connell centre back for me.

Gearoid moving to Bridge.

Is that for sure or just all talk?

celt262 wrote: »
    Is that for sure or just all talk?

He told the players and has bought a house in Butlersbridge. He should move to a senior club but they could win an intermediate with him.

Ronan Flanagan has maybe been player of championship but he is retired a few years..

Did he “officially” retire from county football? I understood that he stepped back when McGlennan came on board (wasn’t the only one over that 2 years) but will stand corrected.

Definitely one Mickey Graham needs to talk to at least and see if he wants back in. Easily good enough.

• Advertisement

He told the players and has bought a house in Butlersbridge. He should move to a senior club but they could win an intermediate with him.

Heard that as well a while back. The Bridge weren’t too far off the pace this year, he would add a huge amount of quality to any team at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Did he “officially” retire from county football? I understood that he stepped back when McGlennan came on board (wasn’t the only one over that 2 years) but will stand corrected.

Definitely one Mickey Graham needs to talk to at least and see if he wants back in. Easily good enough.

He officially retired. Two young kids now and a lot of football behind him, plus his health scare.

I wouldnt agree with him moving to a senior club if he is to settle down there and start a family it's the right choice for him.

But as you say he could be what they need to get over the line in intermediate. What age is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭rrs

29. If they got Mulvey back from London they would have a strong spine.

A shame for Swanlinbar to lose their best player. Though he was on holidays for a championship game this year, and sent off after coming on as a sub in another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

rrs wrote: »

A shame for Swanlinbar to lose their best player. Though he was on holidays for a championship game this year, and sent off after coming on as a sub in another game.

If they had everyone fit, the Bridge are a serious outfit. They’ve some great young players coming up through the ranks too.

Speaking of intermediate clubs, the final yesterday was a drab affair. Over well before half time. I expected more from Belturbet but it says a lot about the quality when the best player on display was 35 year old Eoin McGuigan.

• Advertisement

Mulvey played a stormer for Fulham v Neaseden to get into final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Anyone seen the league fixtures yet ? I can't seem to find it online

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Anyone seen the league fixtures yet ? I can't seem to find it online

Not released to public yet. County boards been sent them couple weeks ago.

Not released to public yet. County boards been sent them couple weeks ago.

Ok i know we have Roscommon at home last game

They announce the Championship draws but can't give a details of the League. Some logic.

Ulster draw tomorrow morning. It's a while since Cavan played Antrim or Down in Ulster championship..

They announce the Championship draws but can't give a details of the League. Some logic.

Ulster draw tomorrow morning. It's a while since Cavan played Antrim or Down in Ulster championship..

Yes that's county board logic alright

You know well its either tyrone or donegal away we are getting tomorrow morning 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Yevon wrote: »
    Looks like Gearoid is going to Cavan Gaels. His behaviour towards his home club this year and an (unforced) move to a club that doesn't live in the boundaries of, do not reflect well.

That's a joke if true, how much a week would the Gaels pay for the likes of him?

tanko wrote: »
    That's a joke if true, how much a week would the Gaels pay for the likes of him?

Heard 3 different stories at weekend about where he was going or not going so wont believe anything until there is a transfer granted.

McKiernan is 30 next year. He might or might not make a difference to Butlersbridge winning a Intermeduate, other good teams in Intermediate too. . If he wanted to play at the highest level playing Senior with Killygarry or Cavan Gaels might be the best move. Its best that he declared with Bridge if living there, but from a football side, Senior is the level to test yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

From Cavan GAA twitter post...

Ulster Senior Football Championship Draw 2020

Prelim Rd: Monaghan v Cavan

Qtr Final: Cavan / Monaghan v Antrim
    Qtr Final: Tyrone v Donegal
    Qtr Final: Derry v Armagh
    Qtr Final: Fermanagh v Down

https://t.co/W5OwcM8Xsl

• Advertisement

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    From Cavan GAA twitter post...

Ulster Senior Football Championship Draw 2020

Prelim Rd: Monaghan v Cavan

Qtr Final: Cavan / Monaghan v Antrim
    Qtr Final: Tyrone v Donegal
    Qtr Final: Derry v Armagh
    Qtr Final: Fermanagh v Down

https://t.co/W5OwcM8Xsl

I’ll take that. If we are serious about building on this year, that draw is as good as we could ask for by avoiding the big two.

Decent draw if we can beat Monaghan we have a realistic chance of making the ulster final again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

McKiernan is 30 next year. He might or might not make a difference to Butlersbridge winning a Intermeduate, other good teams in Intermediate too. . If he wanted to play at the highest level playing Senior with Killygarry or Cavan Gaels might be the best move. Its best that he declared with Bridge if living there, but from a football side, Senior is the level to test yourself..

Crosserlough are after him too

Crosserlough are after him too

Does Crosserlough touch the Cavan Town parish? If not he can't join them.

Crosserlough is not even near Butlersbridge. It would be around 12 mile

Crosserlough is not even near Butlersbridge. It would be around 12 mile

But Butlersbridge is the Cavan Town parish.

It'll be Cavan Gaels more or less says it on the Celt

It'll be Cavan Gaels more or less says it on the Celt

I know. I'm just saying he can join any club that touches the Cavan Town parish.

Off G-Mac topic, and was mentioned upthread; but what’s the suss on the league fixtures?

When are they being released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Ok i know we have Roscommon at home last game

You also have clare at home I am led to believe, I don't know what round, talking to someone at the weekend that is involved in the clare set up

Advertisement