Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Cavan_King wrote: »
    You’re a Castlerahan man if I remember correctly. Were you at the game yesterday? I’m told there was easily more than 200 people at it. Closer to 300 at least I was told. And that was supporters alone. Never mind taking the two teams and officials etc. out of the 300 allowed.

Do you believe clubs should be limited or what exactly is the point of your posts other than to try and have a little pick at something I said because we debated over points in the past?

In fairness, I’d be hurting too if my club had lost Mackey, R Flanagan, Sean Brady, Paul Lukie and Leahy. Five starters gone and it’s a long time since Castlerahan won anything at underage level.

More than 300 I'd say. Unfair to call clubs out on it if I'm honest. Sean Brady played the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

More than 300 I'd say. Unfair to call clubs out on it if I'm honest. Sean Brady played the game.

I wasn’t calling anyone out in that scenario. It was the same at every club in the county. Nobody adhered to the 200 limit and I don’t think they should be expected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭rrs

Clubs like Butlersbridge and Crosserlough have already invested heavily in their car parking and other facilities. It would be a bad time to go looking for funding now.

In relation to streaming, I’d see it as a last resort. There is easily room for people around the pitches if the government allows it. You’re looking at a half a kilometre area around most pitches. Plenty of room for people to space out. Even then, the games I have seen, both adult and juvenile, spectators were quite happy to ignore the guidelines.

/QUOTE]

Plenty of Counties are streaming, it's hardly last resort. It's a way of making money and let people see a game without worrying about coming into contact, more so those with underlining conditions

The Airtricity League are streaming their games when it resumes on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Note

Please move on from this discussion re the number of spectators/cars at club games.

Much of this discussion re Covid 19 is more suited to the " Championship and Covid " thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058067179

rrs wrote: »
    Clubs like Butlersbridge and Crosserlough have already invested heavily in their car parking and other facilities. It would be a bad time to go looking for funding now.

In relation to streaming, I’d see it as a last resort. There is easily room for people around the pitches if the government allows it. You’re looking at a half a kilometre area around most pitches. Plenty of room for people to space out. Even then, the games I have seen, both adult and juvenile, spectators were quite happy to ignore the guidelines.

/QUOTE]

Plenty of Counties are streaming, it's hardly last resort. It's a way of making money and let people see a game without worrying about coming into contact, more so those with underlining conditions

The Airtricity League are streaming their games when it resumes on Friday.

I have no problem with streaming. I would more than love to be able to watch games not involving my own club online.

My comment was in relation to games involving my own club. My expectation would be to be able to attend those games and that is where I would see streaming as a last resort.

• Advertisement

Givney transferring back to Mountnugent should give them a lift, if the championship is complete. Likewise Declan McKernan returning to Killeshandra. He had a great year when they reached Senior Championship semi final in 2015. In decline since he left.

Givney transferring back to Mountnugent should give them a lift, if the championship is complete. Likewise Declan McKernan returning to Killeshandra. He had a great year when they reached Senior Championship semi final in 2015. In decline since he left.

The Celt are bigging up the Givney return saying it’ll shake up the junior championship! I don’t think the return of one player will make that big a difference.

I can’t see past Knockbride or Denn for the junior if it goes to form. Knockbride have some great young players and should have beaten Killinkere last year. Denn have some strong veterans like Mossy Corr backed up by good young players coming through like Sean Donohoe.

Both have been operating well in Division 2 of the League also.

Any thoughts on the intermediate? My favourites are Ballinagh, particularly with Niall McDermott strengthening what was already a potent attack, not to mention other veterans like Podge and Butsy Carroll keeping the side ticking over.

McDermott will help Ballinagh. They were very wasteful last year v Cucus in the Semi final,.
    Knockbride should be thereabouts. They were in a Division 1 Minor final a few years ago. A few have played u20 for Cavan.

David Brady suppose to have played well v the Gaels last weekend. He's a player if injury that would be County standard.

McDermott will help Ballinagh. They were very wasteful last year v Cucus in the Semi final,.
    Knockbride should be thereabouts. They were in a Division 1 Minor final a few years ago. A few have played u20 for Cavan.

David Brady suppose to have played well v the Gaels last weekend. He's a player if injury that would be County standard.

That must have been the quarter final. Cucus lost to Laragh in the semi final.

We could do with a few tall men for around the middle alright.

Is Kevin Tierney with Ballyhaise or away? Last year he popped up in the McKenna Cup launch pics and was barely seen again!

I saw Tierney listed against the Gaels. Think he left the Cavan panel or was dropped after league last year. He was away for a while . Bulked up too much a few years ago..

• Advertisement

Some interesting results yesterday. Castlerahan lost to Ballyhaise and seem to be in trouble with the players who have left/retired (Mackey, Flanagan, Paul Lukie, Leahy, Ennis) and I also believe they picked up a few injuries last weekend.

Ramor meanwhile beat an under performing Crosserlough but then that may be a bit of shadow boxing. We’ll see how good/bad they are when championship starts next week.

Poor Lacken only managed a point against the Gaels! A week after scoring alot, but also conceding a lot, against Gowna.

Some interesting results yesterday. Castlerahan lost to Ballyhaise and seem to be in trouble with the players who have left/retired (Mackey, Flanagan, Paul Lukie, Leahy, Ennis) and I also believe they picked up a few injuries last weekend.

Ramor meanwhile beat an under performing Crosserlough but then that may be a bit of shadow boxing. We’ll see how good/bad they are when championship starts next week.

Poor Lacken only managed a point against the Gaels! A week after scoring alot, but also conceding a lot, against Gowna.

Gaels Lacken was 12 10. Castlerahan rested players.

Gaels Lacken was 12 10. Castlerahan rested players.

I wondered. Official Cavan GAA Facebook were missing the 0 in their scores!

What players have Castlerahan left to rest!?

I wondered. Official Cavan GAA Facebook were missing the 0 in their scores!

What players have Castlerahan left to rest!?

Oisin O Connell, Oisin Kiernan, Enda Flanagan, Pauric Smith and Stephen Cooney. Few young lads played and done well. Pauric Moore very good.

Bit surprising there's been no mention of planning to stream for the Club championship.

Bit surprising there's been no mention of planning to stream for the Club championship.

There are games been streamed. Not sure which.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭celt262

There are games been streamed. Not sure which.

Where you see that they are?

celt262 wrote: »
    Where you see that they are?

Didn't see it anywhere yet. Not advertised yet. Just heard it.

Three games been streamed. Not sure which.

They are showing 3 Senior games it seems, which are in Breffni.

Cavan Gaels v Killygarry
    Gowna v Ramor
    Crosserlough v Lacey

Pay per View service. It will likely be only games played in Breffni they will show for a good quality stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

€20 to watch three games, €8 to watch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Deferred coverage of Kingscourt v Lacken, Arva v Ballinagh and Mullahoran v Laragh is also available 24 hours after the matches take place.

Ronan Flanagan and Paul Lukie have apparently answered the distress call from Castlerahan and have returned.

Yevon wrote: »
    8 Euro per game or 20 euro for a weekend pass.

Great value

Yeah good value overall. Wonder are they organising commentary? No other sport available I would say a lot of regular attendees will pay 20 for the weekend pass.

Owen McConnan commentary with Donal Keogan, Marty Corry and Martin McHugh.

85 cases today. If there was a high number like that for a while, no chance they will be increasing crowds to 500. Even at 200 its only people from those clubs going to the games, so at least people will be able to see other games through streaming..

Yeah good value overall. Wonder are they organising commentary? No other sport available I would say a lot of regular attendees will pay 20 for the weekend pass.

Weekend pass is fantastic value. 20 euro for 6 games.

Anyone care to go for predictions:

Ramor Gowna - Ramor should shade this as better experience
    Kingscourt Lacken - Kingscourt I expect to win well
    Killygarry Gaels - Gaels will shade it but I think Killygarry to make a final could be a good bet if they gain momentum and for once keep everyone fit
    Shercock Castlerahan - Castlerahan quite easily. They don't tend to put up big scores but will win pulling up
    Mullahoran Laragh - very tight but will just go with Mullahoran as more experienced team
    Lavey Crosserlough - Crosserlough at a canter

Killygarry beaten in the first 2 League games. Not hitting any form yet. Never much between Kingscourt and Lacken. Lacken have a good record against them. Not sure why you think Kingscourt will win well.
    Crosserlough without McVeety and Pierce Smith. Lavey capable of beating them,

Killygarry beaten in the first 2 League games. Not hitting any form yet. Never much between Kingscourt and Lacken. Lacken have a good record against them. Not sure why you think Kingscourt will win well.
    Crosserlough without McVeety and Pierce Smith. Lavey capable of beating them,

Gaels apparently missing a few though. Killygarry will lift their game for the derby.

James Galligan not playing and Kingscourt are motoring well with their key players performing at the minute.

Crosserlough cut through Lavey like a knife through butter last year. 15 or 16 point win. That’s a big deficit for Lavey to turn around.

• Advertisement

Anyone get the streams what's the quality like?

Advertisement