Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fair play Cavan no one called this. Mickey Graham some manager Mullinalaghta no fluke.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What a difference a month makes...

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

So lads, how much are we going to beat the Dubs by?? ( I may have started drinking already) What a day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Savage stuff lads. We look forward to meeting ye in Croke Park in a couple of weeks. Who knows we may even be able to enjoy a few points, also. A christmas cracker coming up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Not sure what to say after that, unbelievable, Thomas Galligan is an absolute warrior and hero.

So happy for Mickey Graham, the interviews and emotions afterwards said it all. When that goal went in I never roared as hard you could here rooms across the road erupting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Amazing,love to see the homecoming with the cup,fcuk this virus,what a manager,so proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Savage stuff lads. We look forward to meeting ye in Croke Park in a couple of weeks. Who knows we may even be able to enjoy a few points, also. A christmas cracker coming up!

Why Croke Park ?
    No need to play there as there’s no crowds at the matchs , has to be a neutral venue surely ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Not sure what to say after that, unbelievable, Thomas Galligan is an absolute warrior and hero.

So happy for Mickey Graham, the interviews and emotions afterwards said it all. When that goal went in I never roared as hard you could here rooms across the road erupting!

Everyone was immense. Heroes all over the place. I couldn’t be prouder and happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭SophieLockhart

hurler32 wrote: »
    Why Croke Park ?
    No need to play there as there’s no crowds at the matchs , has to be a neutral venue surely ??

Better camera angles, better facilities etc etc. I'd say the players would prefer it too. And I'm not a Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Everyone was immense. Heroes all over the place. I couldn’t be prouder and happier.

I have to admit i didn't see that happening, those lads have some guts. Their levels of fitness and conditioning are clear to see.
    No matter what went wrong they never let the heads drop. Well done to them.

• Advertisement

Same, I could not be happier or prouder of everyone involved today. I really thought the referee was very hard on us and it would be one of those days, the sheer relief when Madden stuck in that goal!

I was watching Mickey Ray and Thomas interviews on bbcni and rte after hard not to be emotional!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Why Croke Park ?

Pairc Tailteann if only it wasn't a dump would have been the perfectly logical staging ground

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Absolutely proud as punch, that was fantastic. Balls, guts, determination, belief, skill, ability, everything. McKiernan, Gerry Smith, Martin Reilly, both Galligans, Conroy, McLaughlin, Madden, Kiernan, Faulkner, where do you stop, warriors one and all. Particularly happy for Martin Reilly, he’s pulled on the blue jersey just shy of 150 times, this is his just reward, an absolutely fantastic player. He amongst others today will go down in folklore.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Holy god wow. What a performance and maybe could have won by more. Two Galligans were unreal and both surely All Stars. Faulkner a warrior, Mcloughlin everywhere. Gunner colossal. Oisin Kiernan what a point. What he's battled through. Ah lads class.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

On the anniversary of John Joe O’Reilly’s death what a win for Cavan.
    Deserved as everything went against them.
    Someone was looking down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Unbelievable. Fantastic.

If we had lost that game, Barry Cassidy would deserve a firing squad.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Fantastic.

If we had lost that game, Barry Cassidy would deserve a firing squad.

Would you stop. It would have been impossible to take if we lost it with all the calls he made that he got wrong. You might let him away with missing the sly elbow, but the two black cards, the missed mark and then some of the soft frees that Donegal got. Never mind him playing advantage for about 10 seconds, Langan getting his shot off and missing, then bringing it back.....

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Absolutely proud as punch, that was fantastic. Balls, guts, determination, belief, skill, ability, everything. McKiernan, Gerry Smith, Martin Reilly, both Galligans, Conroy, McLaughlin, Madden, Kiernan, Faulkner, where do you stop, warriors one and all. Particularly happy for Martin Reilly, he’s pulled on the blue jersey just shy of 150 times, this is his just reward, an absolutely fantastic player. He amongst others today will go down in folklore.

It's just one of those days that there's no need to pick out lads who were outstanding, they all were.

Delighted for the older players especially: Ray, Martin and Gearoid. They've stuck with it over the years and finally got their reward.

Also, he rarely gets any praise, but Jason McLaughlin was superb again. He always is, but doesn't seem to get the kudos he deserves. Like the Galligans, based on his four performances he should be in All Star territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Why Croke Park ?

Deny the Cavan lads what could be their only chance to play in Croke Park? & spoil an All Ireland semi final by playing it on what could potentially be a bog? Great idea all right....

• Site Banned Posts: 7 I_NoScoped_JFK

Amazing day for the history books lads., fair play to ye.

The emotion shown after the game was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Congratulations, even I would have been disgusted for Cavan if they managed to lose that. If only a few other counties had that never say die attitude instead of rolling over the moment the step on the pitch or concede a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

So happy I was expecting a performance but wasn't sure we would have enough
    Just goes to show when you have 15 lads on field or 14 thanks to Mr Cassidy who put 100% in and not willing to accept defeat what can happen. That was no lucky result best team won and thanks lads for making me so happy 10 mins to go I knew we would win.

Anyone else think it's sour that the lads on the panel from 26-40 aren't even allowed attend the matches!? Like there is plenty of journalists and stewards at games, they could space them out.

Tough for those lads to watch at home on TV today but hopefully they get meet the others after!

So proud of all 1-40 and the backroom team today, great buzz in town tonight plenty of flags and cars beeping :D

Anyone else think it's sour that the lads on the panel from 26-40 aren't even allowed attend the matches!? Like there is plenty of journalists and stewards at games, they could space them out.

Tough for those lads to watch at home on TV today but hopefully they get meet the others after!

So proud of all 1-40 and the backroom team today, great buzz in town tonight plenty of flags and cars beeping :D

Are you open tonight???

Anyone remember last year when Neil McGee was taunting our players in Ulster Final, telling Dermot McCabe to take young Pierson off at half time

Poor McGee brothers aren't laughing now, get it right up ye :D

tanko wrote: »
    Are you open tonight???

I wish! :D just the cans for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Congrats lads what an unbelievable performance. My dad is a Cavan man and I was with him at the Kerry match in 1997 as an 8 year old lad at my first trip to Croke Park. Brilliant to see them win Ulster again. :)

Is that Sean Cavanagh i see on the Sunday game, can’t wait to see him say we were lucky and Donegal were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Sorry lads.. Something just came up....
    Be back in a few days

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    Is that Sean Cavanagh i see on the Sunday game, can’t wait to see him say we were lucky and Donegal were the better team.

Have a stout poured, let’s see what he says....

Advertisement