Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

OK folks I've watched the first 30 odd mins of that game... I don't think I've ever seen us as leggy...
    It won't surprise me if we lose this
    Wicklow score a goal as I type...
    They better get shape and quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

This is shocking stuff, the forward play is clueless.
    Are we relegated if we lose this or is there another play off game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cavan_King wrote: »
    The Cavan GAA Twitter hasn’t even tweeted about the game tomorrow and it’s less than 12 hours to it - that’s the level of embarrassment about being in this situation.

Meath beat Wicklow 7-14 to 0-07 last Summer when they were supposedly on a high after gaining promotion. This season they haven’t won a game.

This is the game for Mickey to send out the young lads that haven’t even senior club championship experience. If they can’t win this game, cut them loose in all honesty.

Even Mattie McGleenan could beat Wicklow.

We have ye by the goolies

ebbsy wrote: »
    We have ye by the goolies

It’s all part of our cunning plan to lull ye into a false sense of security in the first half. We don’t want to embarrass ye with a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

Awful stuff, so bad.
    Graham will have to go when they lose this.

• Advertisement

tanko wrote: »
    It’s all part of our cunning plan to lull ye into a false sense of security in the first half. We don’t want to embarrass ye with a hammering.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭rrs

They might turn it around but Wicklow have been the hungrier team, and only for some poor shooting they could be 4 or or 5 ahead.

I think we looked fitter the year the lads went straight from oxigen to play Wicklow
    We should have had enough without playing gearoid 2 days after his wedding... They don't seem too bothered about playing div 4 judging on that 1st half
    Need a decent 2nd half and need to fcking win full stop

cavan4sam wrote: »
    I think we looked fitter the year the lads went straight from oxigen to play Wicklow
    We should have had enough without playing gearoid 2 days after his wedding... They don't seem too bothered about playing div 4 judging on that 1st half
    Need a decent 2nd half and need to fcking win full stop

I was at that match.

Stood there in a monsoon full of pints.

Game over...

• Advertisement

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Game over...

Looking that way alrite, we need a goal or two fairly quick to have any hope.
    Are we relegated if we lose this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

This is absolutely disgraceful. It's fecking Wicklow... Tyrone will eat us alive

Looking that way alrite, we need a goal or two fairly quick to have any hope.
    Are we relegated if we lose this?

YES

Can be no excuses now. Wicklow not in the 6 counties. Division 4 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

benjy1000 wrote: »
    YES

Fair play to Wicklow. They emptied the tank, we didn’t get out of first gear for most part. Conceding three goals (and could’ve been more). Unbelievably loose at the back.

We got exactly what we deserved there. Absolutely sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Can we still blame fitness,what a load of **** and people on here saying it was because northern teams where training earlier,last year was pure luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

A big part of me what's to believe that because Mickey prefers the Championship wins things will come good. Unfortunately three relagations in three years, getting beaten by Wicklow, not going to reach the Super 8s not for at least two years I can't see how this team can improve playing in the mickey mouse championship.

Absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

piplip87 wrote: »
    A big part of me what's to believe that because Mickey prefers the Championship wins things will come good. Unfortunately three relagations in three years, getting beaten by Wicklow, not going to reach the Super 8s not for at least two years I can't see how this team can improve playing in the mickey mouse championship.

Absolutely gutted.

Should be the aim to win that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

Don't worry some lads here reckon the league doesn't matter and we can still get to Ulster finals no matter what Division we are in.

I never spoke out against Graham before but it is some achievement to bring Cavan from Division 1 to Division 4 if that was Mattie he would be lynched tonight.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Don't worry some lads here reckon the league doesn't matter and we can still get to Ulster finals no matter what Division we are in.

I never spoke out against Graham before but it is some achievement to bring Cavan from Division 1 to Division 4 if that was Mattie he would be lynched tonight.

Graham gone

Graham gone

Doesn't want to face Tyrone a bit cowardly.

Nothing on Sky Sports News yet.

Graham gone

Are you certain?

Are you certain?

Saw it on Twitter about 10 mins ago, can’t just find the link now but will search again

Saw it on Twitter about 10 mins ago, can’t just find the link now but will search again

He needs to stay he is a championship manager !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,904 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’m convinced that last years Ulster Championship was a pure fluke.
    I think these league results prove it too,

Pure disgusted with that result and if Graham is gone he's spineless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

I’m convinced that last years Ulster Championship was a pure fluke.
    I think these league results prove it too,

That’s what the rest of the country will say and think now. We’ve gone from getting headlines for all the right reasons to the opposite in six months.

I don’t for a minute believe Graham is gone yet. He should be. All the work Hyland done from 2012 to 2016 bringing us from Div 3 to 1 now undone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

No he’s not.

I’m raging we didn’t win that and as Yevon pointed out, we 100% didn’t take Wicklow seriously. That’s inexcusable. We should have treated it as a championship game.

But to call for Graham to go is lunacy.

• Advertisement

Should Cavan receive a hammering in Championship ,then questions will be asked. The Championship win last year might or might not bide Mickey Graham some time, but he has had 3 relegations.
    Cavan could be like the 97 team, basking on that win and go nowhere, slipping back into being mediocre.

Tyrone are all at sea against Kerry in the first half ,so they need to improve also for Championship

Advertisement