Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Cavan stop the constant backwards passing it would be a start.
    I have never seen a team do it as much as Cavan. They don’t need to do it as often. It stops the quick breaks and leads to a lot less goalscoring opportunities.
    It also allows the opposition loads of time to get back into position and makes defending it easy.

An awful tactic which is horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Conor Moynagh back according to the We Are Cavan lads.

Club football this weekend. Will be interesting to see what players get time with their clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Conor Moynagh back according to the We Are Cavan lads.

Club football this weekend. Will be interesting to see what players get time with their clubs.

I know he's not played since the Tyrone game in 2019, but in 2019 over league and championship he was our most consistent performer. He was way more mobile but didn't seem to lose any power and kicked some great scores as well. Big ask to come back from a year and a bit without football but he's a class act all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

cavan4sam wrote: »
    We didn't underestimate Wicklow today... Our management and players did....

Out team looked like they were out on their feet for long periods... That's my big concern goin into championship
    e

All you have to do is look at last weeks Celt.
    "Shock defeat" on page one.
    "Cavan football Royalty ties the knot" on page two.
    Half page colour photo, and the date displayedwithjersey numbers.
    72 hours before the match.
    Do you think no other players attended?
    Do you think they all had a lemonade and were home in bed by 10pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    All you have to do is look at last weeks Celt.
    "Shock defeat" on page one. YES it was
    "Cavan football Royalty ties the knot" on page two. (Congratulations to them)
    Half page colour photo, and the date displayedwithjersey numbers. (bit much yes but no harm)
    72 hours before the match. ( I'm sure the fellow in question looked after himself and obviously wanted to play)
    Do you think no other players attended? ( Doubt it only 25 allowed so likely only family)
    Do you think they all had a lemonade and were home in bed by 10pm? (see above)

That's my take on it anyway and doubt it affected the result in any way.

• Advertisement

Competitive club football returned at the weekend and not a post on this page about it other than mine re would Moynagh possibly play - very disappointed lads.

FWIW, Moynagh was at the pitch but wasn't togged out. I'd imagine that confirms he is definitely in with Cavan.

The Gaels gave Killinkere an absolute trouncing. Some welcome back to Division 1 for them.

celt262 wrote: »
    That's my take on it anyway and doubt it affected the result in any way.

Ah, shor what harm then.
    Should do it more often.
    They can't fall any further.......

Ah, shor what harm then.
    Should do it more often.
    They can't fall any further.......

Well to quote Joe Brolly in the Independent...
    What has happened to Cavan? Their vibrant Ulster championship, all courage and togetherness, men chasing after lost causes and diving into danger like lunatics, has disappeared from memory quicker than Donald Trump.

If they keep going the way they are at the moment, this time next year they will be in Division 5 with Kilkenny, the Aran islands, Siberian Gaels, Warwickshire over 40s and the PSNI.

Yevon wrote: »
    He should have done the right thing and cancel his wedding for a third time. The two other players who attended (and didn't drink) should be publicly flogged. You absolute clown.

The thing about Royalty, you'll always find someone to kiss their hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭rrs

The injuries not clearing up before Tyrone https://t.co/XW8hguHh0B?amp=1

Cathal McShane played for Tyrone last week in a challenge but well off the pace apparently, which after a long lay off not surprising.

• Advertisement

The thing about Royalty, you'll always find someone to kiss their hole...

What are you so bitter about?

rrs wrote: »
    The injuries not clearing up before Tyrone https://t.co/XW8hguHh0B?amp=1

I don’t think anyone from Tyrone will fall for it Mickey….

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

I hear Mickey is back to Mullinaghta.

I hear Mickey is back to Mullinaghta.

I would find that remarkable, unless you are implying he is jacking it in with Cavan.

I would find that remarkable, unless you are implying he is jacking it in with Cavan.

Going to do both jobs apparently. Sure Dermot McCabe is with Gowna.

Going to do both jobs apparently. Sure Dermot McCabe is with Gowna.

I knew McCabe was with Gowna, i just think that would be a strange one for Graham.

Any truth in the rumour Mackey is back with Castlerahan?

I knew McCabe was with Gowna, i just think that would be a strange one for Graham.

Any truth in the rumour Mackey is back with Castlerahan?

None

A bit like Donal Keoghan returning to Castlerahan its strange. Though maybe he might get them over the line again. Mullineachta were at the semi final stage last year before it was stopped due to covid.
    I presume they are finishing that off before they start this year's?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mylestheslasher

Find I hard to believe Cavan GAA would allow Graham to double job, in my opinion they should not allow that. McCabe is a selector so maybe not as bad but bad enough.

Rory Gallagher was over Killyleagh last year and managing Derry. Think he's still over them

• Advertisement

Rory Gallagher was over Killyleagh last year and managing Derry. Think he's still over them

Colm Collins manages a club too.

Killybegs not Killyleagh'

Find I hard to believe Cavan GAA would allow Graham to double job, in my opinion they should not allow that. McCabe is a selector so maybe not as bad but bad enough.

Mickey has enough work to do getting us out of Division 4.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Mickey has enough work to do getting us out of Division 4.

Sure he could do that with his eyes closed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

celt262 wrote: »
    Sure he could do that with his eyes closed !

Sure he got us there because his eyes were closed

Yevon wrote: »
    If this is true: The optics of taking on a club team in addition to your county duties after relegation to the bottom tier are just not good.

I agree. It’s a bad read of the situation. Especially as back in late 2018 / early 2019 there was a feeling that he couldn’t do as much with Cavan as he was tied up with Mullinaghta.

It might be that he is stepping down from County management after the championship. If he is managing Cavan next year then how does he plan to watch players in the Club championship, if he is occupied with Longford Club football.

It might be that he is stepping down from County management after the championship. If he is managing Cavan next year then how does he plan to watch players in the Club championship, if he is occupied with Longford Club football.

I’m not sure he places much emphasis on club football. Some of the lads he was playing in the League would struggle to have ten club match starts. I don’t think Sean McEvoy has ever even started a championship game for Ramor.

As if things couldn’t get worse, our League conquerers Wicklow lost to Wexford today.

They’ve won one game in five this year.

• Advertisement

That was bad defeat for them at home as well.
    Did Cavan play any challenge games since Wicklow?

There was some big hammering in championship over the weekend. The current structure has run its course.

Advertisement