Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

Level!!! Extra time beckoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Deeeeeeeep in injury time Cavan have leveled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Extra Time! Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Cavan lucky there.

Extra time. The young Cavan legs could help big time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Neeson wrote: »
    Cavan lucky there.

Draw sounded like a fair result.

Johner wrote: »
    Draw sounded like a fair result.

Seems so. Lucky they nearly went to rot. We'll see what they're made of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Looks like BBC radio is gonna not do the extra time and do Tyrone Kildare instead. Anyone know any other online radio that will be doing it....I'm stuck in Luxembourg :(

Nevermind apparently Northern Sound is online...who knew they were so modern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Shannonside fm

• Advertisement

bradyle wrote: »

they have been online about a decade now to be fair to them.

I'm sure they have every radio station is really...just for some reason never thought they would be like...I can listen to the deaths now :P

Cavan up by a point with a couple of min gone
    This will be ten min a side extra time

2 up now :D

Looks like BBC radio is gonna not do the extra time and do Tyrone Kildare instead. Anyone know any other online radio that will be doing it....I'm stuck in Luxembourg :(

Try tunein.com. You can get Northern Sound and also RTE Radio 1 on it. The stream from the Northern Sound site is awful, it spikes a lot, but I'm listening to it via tunein. (And before I get banned, tunein is completely legal!)

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    Try tunein.com. You can get Northern Sound and also RTE Radio 1 on it. The stream from the Northern Sound site is awful, it spikes a lot, but I'm listening to it via tunein. (And before I get banned, tunein is completely legal!)

Yea that's what I use or all my online stuff...a lot handier having all the radio stations in one place!

3 Points up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Over the bar from 55m out from a free off the ground taken by Martin Reilly.
    Half time and Cavan are up 21 - 18 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I know its half time but a cavan goal now and its game over. a derry goal and its game on.

I'd say Cavan won't rot now.

Yea that's what I use or all my online stuff...a lot handier having all the radio stations in one place!

3 Points up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a great website. It even has stuff you can't get via 'official' means like Radio Wales (you can guess from my name where I'm from) rugby commentaries and Rai Italian radio (which is handy as I follow Italian football).

Going great! Three up. Had a feeling the young legs would be a factor. Come on Cavan!

Goal!!!!!

• Advertisement

Goal!!!!!

for who???????????????

Cavan 5 up now with a few min left.
    Should be game over

Givney back and that attack was started by him fetching a high ball and driving forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

lycan238 wrote: »
    for who???????????????

cavan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a result for Cavan. Younger legs in the extra time seems to have won it.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    cavan :D

realised that after i posted. have one of my friends talking to me on facebook telling me whats going on. meant to ask him who scored lol

Goal and three up, minute or so to go.

Can not believe this...sooo Happy...really wish I was home!!!!!!

for who???????????????

If it had been for Derry you wouldn't have seen a dozen '!'.

All over, Cavan through! Fantastic! Almost certainly just London between Cavan and a quarter final now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Well done Cavan. A long overdue appearance in the All Ireland Series coming up. How would you fancy a crack at Mayo?!

If it had been for Derry you wouldn't have seen a dozen '!'.

All over, Cavan through! Fantastic! Almost certainly just London between Cavan and a quarter final now!

indeed. then who do cavan want when we beat london? no easy teams left in my opinion.

• Advertisement

indeed. then who do cavan want when we beat london? no easy teams left in my opinion.

I'd probably go with Mayo to be honest. Kerry, Donegal and Dublin too far ahead. That said, massive strides forward are being made in Cavan football at the moment.

I'd probably go with Mayo to be honest. Kerry, Donegal and Dublin too far ahead. That said, massive strides forward are being made in Cavan football at the moment.

knowing our luck with the draw this year we will get donegal although that could be a good shout as mayo seem the weakest of the other 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well done Cavan. Great team effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Woohoo, unbelievable stuff. Just hope none of the lads are seriously injured after a few went off.

The bench was emptied. Michael Argue came on and got two points. I'm not sure but I think he's only 19.

knowing our luck with the draw this year we will get donegal although that could be a good shout as mayo seem the weakest of the other 3.

Donegal be too hard at this stage. But having said that I wouldn't fear them. Shocks happen. And that phrase is worth bearing in mind. No point thinking about a quarter final, underrating London and getting shocked ourselves.

Donegal be too hard at this stage. But having said that I wouldn't fear them. Shocks happen. And that phrase is worth bearing in mind. No point thinking about a quarter final, underrating London and getting shocked ourselves.

Exactly. We'll be missing a good few from the team after the trials and tribulations of tonight.

I aint underestimating london (I hope to go to that game wherever it is (neutral venue i think). I just want to see where the opinion lies as to who we want to face in the next round. I was referring to our only facing ulster teams up to next game vs london/mayo.

As Cosmo Kramer said long overdue an appearance at the business end of the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Lemlin wrote: »
    Woohoo, unbelievable stuff. Just hope none of the lads are seriously injured after a few went off.

The bench was emptied. Michael Argue came on and got two points. I'm not sure but I think he's only 19.

Is argue from bailieborough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Congratulations lads. Just proof that investing in underage structures pays off.
    Enjoy it

• Advertisement

soap1978 wrote: »
    Is argue from bailieborough

Yep. Had his first year with the U21s this year. I think he's only out of minor.

Can anyone tell me how Killeshandra are going these days? Weren't they senior a while ago? Have family that come from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Great win tonight, nice to have such a buzz around the place about the team. Well done lads, keep her lit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah Michael has just gone 19 last month I think, was a couple of years ahead of him in secondary school.

One of the boys on Radio Ulster says Cavan probably won't win an All-Ireland!

This year or ever? Because this year would be quite obvious even to the most diehard Cavan supporter, but ever would be quite a big statement particularly with the underage work going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

It doesn't get much better than this lads (although it might yet) - All the ****e and misery and boloxology since 97 is almost worth it - they were magnificent again - heart and sheer bloody mindedness won this one.

If I had a cow I wouldn't milk it for a week after that :D. Can't wait already for next day be it London or Mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Yep. Had his first year with the U21s this year. I think he's only out of minor.

Lemlin, I'll slag u in the other thread, but congratulate you in this one. :)

Good win, that is a hard place to get a win, looking good for the quarters now.
    Was young McEnroe playing tonight? and is he a son of Bart McEnroe from Oldcastle?

This is as good as an All Ireland at this stage! What was his reasoning?

This is as good as an All Ireland at this stage! What was his reasoning?

He didn't give one. I suppose you don't need to give one for a statement like that. If they win the All-Ireland it will be the greatest achievement ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

4 wins in the Championship.....feckin great....Thanks to every Cavan player today, you made us all proud again....Great heart and commitment...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement