Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cavan Juniors now playing Longford tomorrow evening in Longford. Hopefully the lads will go far in this competition. The past two years Cavan have made the final only to lose to Louth and Kildare respectively. There's at least 4 or 5 players on this Junior team capable of adding to the senior panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cavan scored a goal on the stroke of full time to win.

Longford 1-10 Cavan 2-08.

Johner wrote: »
    Cavan scored a goal on the stroke of full time to win.

Longford 1-10 Cavan 2-08.

Last night's team:

James Farrelly
    Dara Tighe
    Damien Barkey (Ramor)
    Fergal Slowey
    Enda O'Connell
    Joshua Hayes
    Killian Brady
    Brendan Murray (KIllygarry)
    Sean Gaffney (0-1)
    Chris Conroy
    Martin Reilly (1-1)
    Keith Fannin
    Oisin O'Connell (0-1)
    Barry McKiernan (0-1)
    Martin Dunne (0-4)

Subs: Conor McClarey (1-0) for B. McKiernan, D. Sexton for Brady, D. Tiernan for Oisin O'Connell, P. O'Connor for Fannin.

I was at the game last night and it was poor fare at times. You'd know it was a Junior game. The bottom line was we snatched a result with almost the last kick of the game, Martin Reilly scoring a goal for us to win 2-8 to 1-10. I wasn't at last week's game so can't comment on how good Wexford were or the performance but there were very poor periods of football in last night's game. It was a huge pity that Rory Dunne seems to have picked up another injury and was doing waterboy. Declan McKiernan also wasn't available last night due to injury and those were the only two changes in the team.

Damien Barkey did well at full-back and will certainly be back in the senior team and I'd expect to see him back at corner back as he was one of our better players in the League. Joshua Hayes was also excellent and I'd expect to see him starting also. Martin Reilly's distribution was excellent and after a couple of injury ravaged seasons, he's certainly one to look at, even as an impact sub. He's a good free taker as well which Cavan could do with.

Martin Dunne scored 4 points but again reminded me of why I didn't want to see him in a Cavan jersey again earlier this year. His shooting was atrocious at times. He needs to learn to recycle the ball rather than just put the head down and shoot, even if he's at the corner flag. I hate to say it but he reminds me of a poor man's Johnston. He also isn't a man who will give his all in a 50-50 challenge. Conor McClarey was very good when he came on but I'm not sure he is senior standard yet.

Of the match last night, I'd be looking at Barkey and Hayes as starters for the seniors and Reilly for the panel. Fannin and Fergal Slowey could also creep in. It'd be great if we won the competition but we lost to Kildare in the final last year and, sadly, I expect them to beat Meath next week and the same to happen in the final this year.

It obviously shows though that our junior panel is decent in that this is the third year we have reached the Leinster junior final. Now, if only we could get our seniors playing a bit better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Fair play to ya Lemlin ... need great committment to head to Longford to watch junior football on a night like last

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Fair play to ya Lemlin ... need great committment to head to Longford to watch junior football on a night like last

We get few enough intercounty games with Cavan that I try to get to as many as I can!

I was interested in seeing a few of the players last night too. Had been hearing great things about Joshua Hayes and he didn't disappoint. He really pushed the team on in the second half.

Just a pity that Rory Dunne wasn't playing. My previous team for te qualifiers would have been:

James Reilly, Killian Clarke, Podge O'Reilly, Damien Barkey, Jason McLoughlin, John McCutcheon, James McEnroe, Gearoid McKiernan, David Givney, Niall Smith, Mark McKeever, Niall McDermott, Eugene Keating, Jack Brady, Kevin Tierney,

I'd now be looking at:

James Reilly, Killian Clarke, Podge O'Reilly, Damien Barkey, Mossie Corr, John McCutcheon, Joshua Hayes, Gearoid McKiernan, David Givney, Niall Smith, Mark McKeever, Niall McDermott, Jack Brady, Eugene Keating, Kevin Tierney.

James McEnroe seems to be injured and doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon and McLoughlin is still a bit young. Therefore I'd move Mossie and Hayes in.

That starting 15 would leave the likes of Maloney Dernham, Meehan, Ray Cullivan, Damien Reilly and Martin Reilly to come on if needed.

If Reilly keeps performing like he is for Killygarry and the Juniors, I'd nearly move him in for McDermott, move McDermott to the full forward line and give Tierney another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭celt262

Lemlin wrote: »

McLoughlin is still a bit young.

Same age as clarke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah Lemlin, the importance of a good Junior setup can't be overlooked. Off the top of my head, Bastick, Fitzsimons, Cooper and O'Gara have made the jump from our AI Junior team in 2008 to varying degrees of success in the senior panel. There's no fast-track path to finding a strong senior panel - enough counties have shown that underage success is not necessarily a breeding ground.. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenngold

Been reading this forum a while first time poster..

James McEnroe isn't injured he transferred to a club in London called Parenells around the end of March. Hence why he hasn't been involed with Cavan this year. He was injured i think around Janurary alright during the Mckenna cup. He is a big loss to Cavan football but such is the way things are lads will go where the work is. Sean Maguire and Lorcan Muley have been over there since the middle of last year. Mulvey played during the league and the championship game against Leitrim.

btw Jason Mcloughlin is older than Killian Clarke. Next year is MCloughlin's last year at u21.

Greenngold wrote: »
    Been reading this forum a while first time poster..

James McEnroe isn't injured he transferred to a club in London called Parenells around the end of March. Hence why he hasn't been involed with Cavan this year. He was injured i think around Janurary alright during the Mckenna cup. He is a big loss to Cavan football but such is the way things are lads will go where the work is. Sean Maguire and Lorcan Muley have been over there since the middle of last year. Mulvey played during the league and the championship game against Leitrim.

btw Jason Mcloughlin is older than Killian Clarke. Next year is MCloughlin's last year at u21.

Thanks for the info re McEnroe. I was wondering why he hadn't been around in a while and thought it was injury again. Are you sure it was as early as March he transferred? A lad I know reckons he played for Ramor against Killygarry in the League and that would have been around April/May. That's why I knew he was back from injury and wondered where he was.

Maguire and Mulvey both played for the London champions last year alright. I think its Fulham GAA club they are with.

I didn't phrase that correctly about McLoughlin/Clarke to be honest. While I appreciate that McLoughlin is the older player, Clarke looks a better talent and that's why I think he'd be fit to play even when younger than McLoughlin. I still feel McLoughlin could do with a few League games next year where I wouldn't mind throwing Clarke into the fray now.

The qualifier draw isn't looking great. Galway, Roscommon, Kerry and Armagh all in there now.

Thanks for the info re McEnroe. I was wondering why he hadn't been around in a while and thought it was injury again. Are you sure it was as early as March he transferred? A lad I know reckons he played for Ramor against Killygarry in the League and that would have been around April/May. That's why I knew he was back from injury and wondered where he was.

Maguire and Mulvey both played for the London champions last year alright. I think its Fulham GAA club they are with.

I didn't phrase that correctly about McLoughlin/Clarke to be honest. While I appreciate that McLoughlin is the older player, Clarke looks a better talent and that's why I think he'd be fit to play even when younger than McLoughlin. I still feel McLoughlin could do with a few League games next year where I wouldn't mind throwing Clarke into the fray now.

The qualifier draw isn't looking great. Galway, Roscommon, Kerry and Armagh all in there now.

I dont think Galway and Kerry will be in this qualifer draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Paul Brady won the Canadian Nationals two weeks ago. One more trophy added to the list.

Cavan Juniors are playing Kildare in the Junior final next wed. Kildare beat Meath 10-9 after being down 8-1 at half time whatever happened Meath in the second half..:D Seanie won't be eligable but hopefully we can get revenge for last years defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Jayus, supporters from other counties being wary of us! The Ros may have won the league game pulling up but for the first 50 minutes it was probably the best game of football I saw all league, save Longford.

I wouldn't be picking Cavan as easy touches in Round 1. Both counties share alot in terms of where we're at overall and it'd be likely we'd see plenty of rematches from the u21 semi were we to meet.

Looking at Roscommon against Galway it wouldn't fill me with fear:P They are a decent side, but that was a poor showing that day. I wouldn't say they are alot better than Cavan, Eugene Keating didn't play against Ros or Gearoid McKiernan or any of the u21's. Whoever Cavan get hopefully it's a home draw.

Looking at Roscommon against Galway it wouldn't fill me with fear:P They are a decent side, but that was a poor showing that day. I wouldn't say they are alot better than Cavan, Eugene Keating didn't play against Ros or Gearoid McKiernan or any of the u21's. Whoever Cavan get hopefully it's a home draw.

Roscommon have had some success in recent years making the Connacht final last year (albeit with two relatively easy games) and winning Connacht in 2010. I would say, like Longford, they are a few years ahead of Cavan in development.

I still don't think some people are realising how low we've sunk. We've won three championship games in six years folks. Its a stat I keep throwing out but one that people keep forgetting. All three of those games were against Division 4 (at the time) teams.

No team will be fearing Cavan. I even heard that we're 100-1 odds to win the All-Ireland which is the same odds as London and Carlow. The latter of whom having drawn with Meath appear a better team than I gave them credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Roscommon have had some success in recent years making the Connacht final last year (albeit with two relatively easy games) and winning Connacht in 2010. I would say, like Longford, they are a few years ahead of Cavan in development.

I still don't think some people are realising how low we've sunk. We've won three championship games in six years folks. Its a stat I keep throwing out but one that people keep forgetting. All three of those games were against Division 4 (at the time) teams.

No team will be fearing Cavan. I even heard that we're 100-1 odds to win the All-Ireland which is the same odds as London and Carlow. The latter of whom having drawn with Meath appear a better team than I gave them credit for.
    Jesus lemlin have Cavan really only won 3 games in 6 years?? That is a shocking statistic tbh!!!

Underage look handy though maybe next few years players will come through for you

Tbh i think Connacht football is low quality.. Mayo are always talked up every year but always fall short. Galways loss to Sligo shows they are no great shakes, Cavan only won 2 games in the league this year and one was against Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tbh i think Connacht football is low quality.. Mayo are always talked up every year but always fall short. Galways loss to Sligo shows they are no great shakes, Cavan only won 2 games in the league this year and one was against Sligo.

Nice try. But try harder next time.

Jesus lemlin have Cavan really only won 3 games in 6 years?? That is a shocking statistic tbh!!!

Underage look handy though maybe next few years players will come through for you

Yep, three Championship games. An Ulster preliminary round game against Antrim in 2007, a first round tie against Fermanagh in 2009 and a qualifier against Wicklow in 2010.

Pretty damning statistic to be honest so I don't see how any Cavan person could be saying we wouldn't fear Roscommon, or any other team for that matter.

• Advertisement

Yep, three Championship games. An Ulster preliminary round game against Antrim in 2007, a first round tie against Fermanagh in 2009 and a qualifier against Wicklow in 2010.

A stat from those 3 wins is that Johnston was probaly Cavans best player or made the most telling contribution in them 3 wins. I wouldn't go bye last year's form as against Donegal and Longford, but in the previous 6/7 years it was Johnston who made the difference whenever Cavan won in the champinship. Time for these new lads like Jack Brady, Bud Fitz and Martin Dunne who i presume will be close to the team for the qualifier match to step up and show that Cavan can survive without Johnston.

A stat from those 3 wins is that Johnston was probaly Cavans best player or made the most telling contribution in them 3 wins. I wouldn't go bye last year's form as against Donegal and Longford, but in the previous 6/7 years it was Johnston who made the difference whenever Cavan won in the champinship. Time for these new lads like Jack Brady, Bud Fitz and Martin Dunne who i presume will be close to the team for the qualifier match to step up and show that Cavan can survive without Johnston.

I'd be looking more towards Keating than the 3 you have named above to be honest. He looks our best bet at being a big player. He scored 5 points from play on an All-Star full back against Donegal, was our best player last year and he's playing well for Cuchulainns, kicking 10 points last week.

Jack Brady and Tierney are still a bit young but look good for the future. It's worth noting that Keating is now about 23/24 and looks to be coming to his peak. It may take our U21 lads another few years. A nice easy draw to get a win under our belts and try to build momentum would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Jaysus lads that's fairly depressing - 3 wins in 6 years!!! and two of them were in Breffni!! We won the same amount in 2005 when we beat Antrim, Donegal and Meath :eek:

Keating for me is the main man upfront with some of the under 21s feeding off him. We are looking for an easy draw to start to build something but there are few easy draws for Cavan these days. Another stat that's interesting is that the 3 teams we beat in the last 6 years have all beaten us in the championship in that same time!!

Yeah i agree about Keating , class act. I was just using them lads as examples as nippy corner forward types ala Johnston. Keating is a great player, he missed out on the u21 run in 2010, i think through a combination of injury and discipline. Would have a difference against Donegal that year in the final.

Anyone know why Rory Dunne didn't play against Longford in the Junior Semi but played with Redhills a few days later. He had a good gam against Wexford from what i heard marking Forde. He was playing with Redhills today aswell. A fully fit Rory Dunne would be a big addition for Cavan, Killian Clarke needs to fill out more to be a Senior player.

Not the worst draw in the world for the qualifiers - at least we avoided Armagh etc. Fermanagh in our second home :D is a game at least we have a chance in and should give an idea how much progress Terry has made with the team since the Donegal game.

• Advertisement

Anyone know why Rory Dunne didn't play against Longford in the Junior Semi but played with Redhills a few days later. He had a good gam against Wexford from what i heard marking Forde. He was playing with Redhills today aswell. A fully fit Rory Dunne would be a big addition for Cavan, Killian Clarke needs to fill out more to be a Senior player.

Can you confirm where you got this information re Dunne? It appears to be incorrect. I work with a man from Killygarry who was at the game yesterday between Redhills and Killygarry and he stated that Redhills were missing a good few including Dunne and Oisin Minagh.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Not the worst draw in the world for the qualifiers - at least we avoided Armagh etc. Fermanagh in our second home :D is a game at least we have a chance in and should give an idea how much progress Terry has made with the team since the Donegal game.

I posted over on the qualifier thread that the only teams I would be comfortable of Cavan beating in the draw would be London, Waterford or Carlow, and even Carlow would be a push given their performance against Meath. I'd stand by that and its a mark of how far we've fallen even from the heights of '05 when we drew with Tyrone and beat Donegal and Meath.

Fermanagh away is an excellent tie though. Not a long journey and, even though promoted, they were a Division 4 team this year so both teams should be at a similar level. This is a real chance for Terry and the panel to show the progress they are making. That said, Fermanagh have just reached a Division 4 final and Canavan will have them hugely motivated for this one.

Cavan have apparently been training well and morale in the camp is good so hopefully it carries through to the game. I wouldn't say I'm confident of a win but I'm sincerely hopeful of one.

Could have been Alan Dunne or was he even playing either, Moynagh hasn't played in a long time.

I'd imagine Fermanagh are happy with the draw too. Ryan McCluskey will still be out for them and Quigley has left the panel. They wouldn't exactly have top quality on the bench. Shane McCabe I suppose would be back in the team he missed the Down game.

Could have been Alan Dunne or was he even playing either, Moynagh hasn't played in a long time.

Rory Dunne definitely wasn't playing.

• Advertisement

If Qiugley has left the panel then Cavan will win.

Most people on the qualifier thread are tipping Fermanagh to win so it suits Cavan to be underdogs.

Looking at how Derry performed against Donegal, we didn't actually give Donegal a bad game. Donegal are a team who I think are definitely in with a shout of making the All-Ireland final this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Most people on the qualifier thread are tipping Fermanagh to win so it suits Cavan to be underdogs.

Looking at how Derry performed against Donegal, we didn't actually give Donegal a bad game. Donegal are a team who I think are definitely in with a shout of making the All-Ireland final this season.

thats a pretty uninformed line of thinking....

we played well for 12 minutes until donegal regrouped into the defensive unit that won thier full back an all star.

we will get it very hard to over come fermanagh, although i think we should

thats a pretty uninformed line of thinking....

we played well for 12 minutes until donegal regrouped into the defensive unit that won thier full back an all star.

we will get it very hard to over come fermanagh, although i think we should

I wouldn't see the comment as uninformed to be honest.
    People in the county were upset when Cavan lost by 1-10 to 1-16 to Donegal. I wasn't. Donegal are a top team and I'd see them as the team most capable of giving the Dubs a good run for the All-Ireland this year. We had a great first 12 minutes against them as you say and then didn't exactly set the world alight but that is how Donegal are setup, they don't let you play. There were positives for Cavan to take from the game, like the performance of Keating, how Padraig Reilly appears capable of filling the void at full back and David Givney at midfield.

Compare that to Derry last weekend. Cavan actually gave Donegal a tougher test and Derry are a decent team. That's what I meant by my comment. Maybe we aren't as poor in Cavan as we think given how Donegal easily dispatched of a fairly decent Derry team.

I wouldn't be talking up our lads at all now but there is some hope there. I think Cavan need a simple game plan. Stick Keating in at full forward and get the ball into him quick. It worked for the U21s with Tierney this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

People in the county were upset when Cavan lost by 1-10 to 1-16 to Donegal. I wasn't. Donegal are a top team and I'd see them as the team most capable of giving the Dubs a good run for the All-Ireland this year. We had a great first 12 minutes against them as you say and then didn't exactly set the world alight but that is how Donegal are setup, they don't let you play. There were positives for Cavan to take from the game, like the performance of Keating, how Padraig Reilly appears capable of filling the void at full back and David Givney at midfield.

Compare that to Derry last weekend. Cavan actually gave Donegal a tougher test and Derry are a decent team. That's what I meant by my comment. Maybe we aren't as poor in Cavan as we think given how Donegal easily dispatched of a fairly decent Derry team.

I wouldn't be talking up our lads at all now but there is some hope there. I think Cavan need a simple game plan. Stick Keating in at full forward and get the ball into him quick. It worked for the U21s with Tierney this year.
    Donegal are a better equipped team than cork or Kerry??

Insert face palm here!!!

They beat Cavan by 5 points hardly world beaters

Donegal are a better equipped team than cork or Kerry??

Insert face palm here!!!

They beat Cavan by 5 points hardly world beaters

Six points actually. Kerry beat Tipp by six and lost to Cork. They look a spent force so far in the Championship.

Donegal beat a Kildare team last year that people were saying previously were 4th favourites for the Championship on another thread. They ran Dublin close last year in the semi final.

I think Cork, Kerry and Tyrone have all moved backwards. Donegal are moving forwards. A team of committed players interspersed with stars like Murphy and McBrearty who have mastered a particular tactical game - Donegal are very dangerous to the established teams IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

fair enough lemlin i see the point your making, and i agree, i was angry leaving breffni, but i later realised i was more frustrated with the horrible style of ball donegal play. keating givney and a few others do give cause for hope.
    on another note havinf played with givney servral times, playing him as the defensive MF is baffling why is he being held back

Be interesting to see if there will be many matches for the Fermanagh. I would be surprised if Fergal Flanagan is starting or even Ronan Flanagan. Ronan Flanagan has looked ordinary for a few years now with Cavan. A clubmate of his Enda O Connell I think is a really good player, He is involved with the junior team at half back. Never played underage with Cavan but him and his brother Oisin are excellent young players. Enda can attack or do a good man marking job. I saw him destroy bud fitz last year and done a decent job on Johnston in the co final.

Hyland is good at giving lads a run in the Junior team who might not have played minor or u21, Sean Gaffney, Barry Mckiernan and 2 O'connell twins to name a few.

Be interesting to see if there will be many matches for the Fermanagh.

Obviously that was a typo error: meant to say changes.

fair enough lemlin i see the point your making, and i agree, i was angry leaving breffni, but i later realised i was more frustrated with the horrible style of ball donegal play. keating givney and a few others do give cause for hope.
    on another note havinf played with givney servral times, playing him as the defensive MF is baffling why is he being held back

Whatever about Donegal's style, it works to be honest and I don't blame them for playing to their strengths. People talk about it being ugly but then ten years ago you had Spillane and the lads saying the same about Tyrone and now they talk about the beautiful football Tyrone often play. The game needs to evolve and if Cavan played like that and won an Ulster title, I'd have no qualms.

I haven't seen all that much of Givney in club football to be honest because he plays in the junior championship. That said, I thought he was very poor for Cavan last year in both Championship games. He has really made strides this year though. I'd imagine he was asked to adapt his game as he is the older player between him and McKiernan and McKiernan is generally the higher scorer of the two. I hope McKiernan is fit this time round. He clearly wasn't against Donegal. Givney is the more mobile of the two also so that may suit for him getting up and down the pitch which the defensive midfielder would have to do more also.

• Advertisement

A few changes to the team I posted a few weeks ago for the qualifier:

James Reilly, Killian Clarke, Podge O'Reilly, Damien Barkey, Mossie Corr, Joshua Hayes, Barry Watters/Maloney Dernham, Gearoid McKiernan, David Givney, Niall Smith, Mark McKeever, Niall McDermott, Jack Brady, Eugene Keating, Martin Reilly.

It now appears that McCutcheon won't be back so I'd move Barry Watters or Maloney Dernham in and have Hayes centre half back. Martin Reilly has also earned his chance with the juniors so I'd drop Tierney, who is a bit young.

Cavan had a good win against Westmeath in a challenge match recently. Does anyone know the team that started?

Mood in the camp appears to be good so hopefully we can pull off a surprise win against Fermanagh. I was saying the same last year in regard to Longford though and look how that ended!

Cavan leading by 2 points at half time. 1-5 to 6 points in Leinster junior final.

Cavan leading by 2 points at half time. 1-5 to 6 points in Leinster junior final.

Cavan win 1-13 to 9 points.

Great result tonight for the Juniors. Strong team out, Declan Mckiernan and Rory Dunne were back in the side after missing the Longford game. Mckiernan had a great game apparently as did Martin Reilly and the Dunne looked lively. Good to have more options for the Senior panel. Rory Dunne has played very little football in the last 2 years so it's good that he is back.

I think we will beat Fermanagh. We have better forwards in brady, keating, Mcdermott, and a better midfield pair. They are very limited, alot of road runners.

Great result tonight for the Juniors. Strong team out, Declan Mckiernan and Rory Dunne were back in the side after missing the Longford game. Mckiernan had a great game apparently as did Martin Reilly and the Dunne looked lively. Good to have more options for the Senior panel. Rory Dunne has played very little football in the last 2 years so it's good that he is back.

I think we will beat Fermanagh. We have better forwards in brady, keating, Mcdermott, and a better midfield pair. They are very limited, alot of road runners.

I heard this morning that McKiernan was excellent and lorded it at midfield. Martin Reilly was also apparently very good and was knocking over 45s. I definitely think he's in with a chance of starting this weekend as he's a great free taker and Cavan need a recognised free taker.

Dunne and Joshua Hayes are the other two who I heard are definitely in with a chance of starting for the seniors come Sunday. That said, I'd imagine it'd be very hard on some of these lads, particularly Dunne and Reilly who have had long term injuries, to play two games in five days.

It'll be interesting to see what starting line-up is announced for the Fermanagh match.

It'll be interesting to see what starting line-up is announced for the Fermanagh match.

It wil be more interesting to see what team is on the field at 2.30 on Sunday.

Great result for Juniors last night and good to see players like Rory Dunne and Martin Dunne getting a run and playing well. Will do no harm to confidence for Sunday. Not getting carried away but we have a decent chance in Brewster on Sunday.:)

celt262 wrote: »

I've never really understood the logic of making lots of changes from the named team unless you are waiting for someone to prove their fitness. Cavan do this a lot - for me the team should be named on a Thursday night and leave it at that.

I've never really understood the logic of making lots of changes from the named team unless you are waiting for someone to prove their fitness. Cavan do this a lot - for me the team should be named on a Thursday night and leave it at that.

Either named on the thursday or not named atall until just before the game.
    It's only named to suit the media anyway.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »

Every paper going is predicting a Fermanagh win. Quigley is gone and apparently McCluskey is injured.

Canavan is going to be a huge plus for Tyrone but hopefully Cavan will shade it. Apparently the Cavan juniors put in a huge work rate on Wednesday night against Kildare and more of the same is going to be needed tomorrow, no matter what team is named.

Advertisement