Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

celt262 wrote: »
    Yes in your opinion.

The Minagh post was incorrect as proved back then. The Givney rumour was also proven to be false as Givney has played on numerous occasions since. A number of posters have disagreed with you above about Mackey and you've yet to show any proof to show that you are correct.

So, it's not just my opinion, it's fact, which doesn't appear to be something you are fond of keeping to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Remind me what I said about Minagh?

Givney - It is well known around the county what happened in that case

Mackey - You will find that he did walk of the panel.

Remind me what I said about Minagh?

Givney - It is well known around the county what happened in that case

Mackey - You will find that he did walk of the panel.

You tried to state Minagh was a player who didn't feature when he actually started every league game last year. You also tried to state he had gone away pre Championship when he actually went after the Championship last year iirc.

Re Givney, you stated he had been kicked off the panel. That was incorrect.

Re Mackey, that's certainly not what I'm hearing.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You tried to state Minagh was a player who didn't feature when he actually started every league game last year. You also tried to state he had gone away pre Championship when he actually went after the Championship last year iirc.

Re Givney, you stated he had been kicked off the panel. That was incorrect.

Re Mackey, that's certainly not what I'm hearing.

Yeah and i said at the time that I was wrong about Minagh, i'm sure you yourself have been wrong at least once?

You can believe what you want on Givney it's been flogged to death and no point in going over it again.

Mackey - Whatever you heard must be true so.

Yeah and i said at the time that I was wrong about Minagh, i'm sure you yourself have been wrong at least once?

You can believe what you want on Givney it's been flogged to death and no point in going over it again.

Mackey - Whatever you heard must be true so.

But you said David Givney had been kicked off the panel when he quite clearly hadn't? I'm not talking about anything other than the fact you said a player had been kicked off the panel when he had not.

Anyway, no point going around the houses about it again, I think I've aptly illustrated my point regarding what you post here.

• Advertisement

For now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bear on the square

How did Mackey drop off the panel when he was doing waterboy against Roscommon??? Kingscourt and Gaels have to be favs for the championship on another note. If Castlerahan manage to get past the 1st round proper they will have Mackey and Flanagan back which will put them up with the other 2 but can see Kingscourt beating them this weekend

How did Mackey drop off the panel when he was doing waterboy against Roscommon??? Kingscourt and Gaels have to be favs for the championship on another note. If Castlerahan manage to get past the 1st round proper they will have Mackey and Flanagan back which will put them up with the other 2 but can see Kingscourt beating them this weekend

I heard he was at the game in a county track suit. Didn't realise he was maor uisce. I didn't see him myself.

Mackey is gone for 3 months. Can't see him being back for the knockout stages.

He must have a twin others seen him in stand. I seen neither

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

he was there in a tracksuit before the game standing with martin dunne. 100% absolute certainty he was with the team

• Advertisement

willabur wrote: »
    he was there in a tracksuit before the game standing with martin dunne. 100% absolute certainty he was with the team

I definitely heard he was in a county track suit and at the game. Strange behaviour from a lad who walked off the panel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Lemlin wrote: »
    I definitely heard he was in a county track suit and at the game. Strange behaviour from a lad who walked off the panel :D

he might have walked after watching the first 20 mins

Going by the Celt this morning conor Moynagh is playing in America at moment. It goes to.show what is though of this junior when a lad walks of panel.

So good I posted twice.

Although I must add that Mr Hyland must not be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Lemlin and Celt262 - you have both been continually warned to stop the fractious posting and sniping. Both of ye take a week off and chill out.

If this crap continues when ye come back it will be permanent bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Not helpful - now can we move on and discuss Cavan GAA..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

To quantify.....Mackey is injured 100%, fact. He played v Armagh with the aid of painkillers, and was training through pain for weeks. If he plays in the club Championship this year, as I said earlier, it will be a patch up job.

He was at Breffni for the Rossie game, but was not a waterboy.

Heard loads of rumours re Givney so dont know what to believe. And I believe Moynagh is in America, I believe he walked off the panel, but thats just speculating

First three games of the senior championship at the weekend.

Gaels bet Gowna by 4 points on Friday night - didn't make it in but heard that 3 were sent off.

Killygarry hockeyed Killeshandra 2-10 to 0-6.

Kingscourt beat Castlerahan 1-8 to 1-7 . Fergal Flanagan with the goal from Castlerahan. Big result from Kingscourt who seem to be changing the guard and mixing in lots of young lads.

Cavan also had a great result against Dublin beating them by 8 points in the under-16 final (Gerry Reilly tournament).

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Tom Joad wrote: »
    First three games of the senior championship at the weekend.

Gaels bet Gowna by 4 points on Friday night - didn't make it in but heard that 3 were sent off.

Killygarry hockeyed Killeshandra 2-10 to 0-6.

Kingscourt beat Castlerahan 1-8 to 1-7 . Fergal Flanagan with the goal from Castlerahan. Big result from Kingscourt who seem to be changing the guard and mixing in lots of young lads.

Cavan also had a great result against Dublin beating them by 8 points in the under-16 final (Gerry Reilly tournament).

Big result from Kingscourt? They beat Castlerahan juniors by one. Fergal Flanagan got the goal. Ronan Flanagan away. Sean Brady on holidays. Cian McEnroe away, Mackey injured and David Wright injured. Kingscourt should be winning by a lot more and comfortably for so called favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bear on the square

Tom Joad

It was Fergal Flanagan who got the goal, Ronan is still abroad travelling. Castlerahan were also without Mackey, David Wright, Sean Brady and Cian Mcenroe (5 main men) so considering that they did well to hold their own and could have even won. Kingscourt had no Joe Dillon. Thought it was a scrappt enough game

• Advertisement

Scrappy game, Kingcourt on top early on but missed a lot, granted Castlerahan defended well, and some of those shots were under pressure.

Castlerahan played better in the second half but also missed a lot and then conceded a slippy goal, deflection gave Leahy no chance in goals.

Kingscourt should be winning that easy if they are to be considered to be contenders. Enda Flanagan took a few raps, but apart from that a clean game

Tom Joad

It was Fergal Flanagan who got the goal, Ronan is still abroad travelling. Castlerahan were also without Mackey, David Wright, Sean Brady and Cian Mcenroe (5 main men) so considering that they did well to hold their own and could have even won. Kingscourt had no Joe Dillon. Thought it was a scrappt enough game

Fixed my post now- got my Fergals and Ronans mixed up!!! But at least it got people posting and discussing the championship ;)

It was a big result for Kingscourt in the context of first time out in the championship this year and beating Castlerahan who would be one of the favourites to win it - wasn't aware that so many were missing - I knew Mackey and Ronan Flanagan were missing but not so many of the others.

Kingscourt need to / are trying to slowly replace some of the old guard so this result will do them the power of good.

Anyone hear anything about the Gaels/ Gowna match?

Gaels won by 4, had 2 sent off and Gowna one. Johnston and Paul O Connor started on the bench, and no Martin Dunne either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

i was at the games on sunday evening ,

impressive win for cootehill against a dire gaels team tom hayes and enda hessan impressed

watched the 1st half of castlerahan v kingscourt and all i'll say is we are in for a tough few years in cavan if that style of football is going to be played at club level , noticed 12 kingscourt men behind the ball in their own 45 at one stage and 13 castlerahan at another stage

not one for the purists

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That defensive rubbish will ruin football.
    It's dire to watch.
    Players not allowed to show flair or express their skills.
    I agree with Spillane that it's anti-football.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Blue in hope

Went to the park on the three days. Best match was on Saturday with Butlersbridge coming from behind at half time to draw with Swad. The bridge could have won it they were through to on one in the injury time went for goal but was saved. experienced player would have taken point at that stage. Both G and Fergal Flanagan got black cards late on in second half. The game before was poor with Killygarry running out easy winners.

Hard to know what to make of Cootehill they easily accounted for a very poor Gaels team. That team would be competitive in Junior B let alone intermediate. Cootehill wont have learnt to much about themselves but they can only beat what's is in front of them.

Castlerahan and Kingscourt was a scrappy game with both teams set up defensive. Kingscourt conceded a scrappy goal which had them playing catch up all game. They were the better team in the first half but there shooting was awful kicked a load of wide. Castlerahan better team in second half but conceded a poor goal which swung the game Kingscourt way. I thought a lot of decisions went against Kingscourt in second half and their midfielder should have been given a second yellow but the ref just give him a talking to he was then substituted.

Friday night game was scrappy Gaels slow build up like the county team and Gowna more intent on off the ball stuff. The first five minutes of the second half Gaels stepped up the pace and scored a few point to really but the game to bed. Any time Gowna threatened to come back the Gaels went up the other end and scored. Three sent of two fro Gaels one from Gowna. Truth is another Gaels and two other Gowna could easily have joined them. Gaels had Johnson and O Connor as subs both came on second half O C at the start and Johnston with 5 to go. Were also short Dunne, Lyng,Niall Smith,Kevin Meehan,and Niall Gurhy.

From all the senior game all teams will need to improve alot to win the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

Went to the park on the three days. Best match was on Saturday with Butlersbridge coming from behind at half time to draw with Swad. The bridge could have won it they were through to on one in the injury time went for goal but was saved. experienced player would have taken point at that stage. Both G and Fergal Flanagan got black cards late on in second half. The game before was poor with Killygarry running out easy winners.

Hard to know what to make of Cootehill they easily accounted for a very poor Gaels team. That team would be competitive in Junior B let alone intermediate. Cootehill wont have learnt to much about themselves but they can only beat what's is in front of them.

Castlerahan and Kingscourt was a scrappy game with both teams set up defensive. Kingscourt conceded a scrappy goal which had them playing catch up all game. They were the better team in the first half but there shooting was awful kicked a load of wide. Castlerahan better team in second half but conceded a poor goal which swung the game Kingscourt way. I thought a lot of decisions went against Kingscourt in second half and their midfielder should have been given a second yellow but the ref just give him a talking to he was then substituted.

Friday night game was scrappy Gaels slow build up like the county team and Gowna more intent on off the ball stuff. The first five minutes of the second half Gaels stepped up the pace and scored a few point to really but the game to bed. Any time Gowna threatened to come back the Gaels went up the other end and scored. Three sent of two fro Gaels one from Gowna. Truth is another Gaels and two other Gowna could easily have joined them. Gaels had Johnson and O Connor as subs both came on second half O C at the start and Johnston with 5 to go. Were also short Dunne, Lyng,Niall Smith,Kevin Meehan,and Niall Gurhy.

From all the senior game all teams will need to improve alot to win the Championship.

A lot of decisions went against Kingscourt in second half? I would argue ref was poor for both teams but in 2nd half Oisin O Connell was tripped up when through on goal and no black card or advantage rule used. Also ref allowed two Kingscourt attackels while still talking to Castlerahan players resulting in at least one score. Enda Flanagan was the victim of numerous of the ball tackles also.

A lot of decisions went against Kingscourt in second half? I would argue ref was poor for both teams but in 2nd half Oisin O Connell was tripped up when through on goal and no black card or advantage rule used. Also ref allowed two Kingscourt attackels while still talking to Castlerahan players resulting in at least one score. Enda Flanagan was the victim of numerous of the ball tackles also.

Would have to agree with this. Enda Flanagan definitely targeted

And re the defensive systems, I cant really blame Castlerahan for playing this way considering all the forwards they are missing......Mackey, Sean Brady, Ronan Flanagan and Cian McEnroe, who if all fit would have started. Missing David Wright also, and this against a team expected to compete for the Senior Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Games played in IFC tonight
    Ballyhaise 3-23 (32) Mountnugent 0-3

Belturbet 8-11 (35) Kill 0-8

Not good for Cavan club football.

• Advertisement

manutd wrote: »
    Games played in IFC tonight
    Ballyhaise 3-23 (32) Mountnugent 0-3

Belturbet 8-11 (35) Kill 0-8

Not good for Cavan club football.

Not good a tall and Cootehill could give Drung a bit of a hiding tonight also.

Advertisement