Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

any one hear that the malicous incident with the lights was infact down to a timer,which wud indicate that ET was not planned for

Well they stayed on the night before so I'd have my doubts if that is true. At the same time you would wonder how a member of public could get access to the switch.

What are the rules on relpays is it 5 day minimum. The county board have really ****ed up if that's correct and the game will be played again.

EDIT
    Rule 6.2 Part 1 Says its 4 days notice
    Rule 3.7 Part 2 Says Interval at Half time must not exceed 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

celt262 wrote: »
    Well they stayed on the night before so I'd have my doubts if that is true. At the same time you would wonder how a member of public could get access to the switch.

What are the rules on relpays is it 5 day minimum. The county board have really ****ed up if that's correct and the game will be played again.

EDIT
    Rule 6.2 Part 1 Says its 4 days notice
    Rule 3.7 Part 2 Says Interval at Half time must not exceed 5 minutes

As above states four days notice not observed.
    Stand alone fixtures five days notice in writing. Not observed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

According to the Celt this morning it was probably kids messing near the generator. All equipment like that would have a emergency stop button for safety and it was as simple as someone pressing that button!!!

Seemingly the Cavan GAA twitter giving updates from the game said as much at the time too.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    According to the Celt this morning it was probably kids messing near the generator. All equipment like that would have a emergency stop button for safety and it was as simple as someone pressing that button!!!

Seemingly the Cavan GAA twitter giving updates from the game said as much at the time too.

Is that a bit too easy to turn of then? There is no way kids should have access to it. Especially when Breffni Park games are part of betting slips and you may have a more serious issue. I know that's scare mongering but surely the switch should be of limits.

Ballinagh beat Lavey comfortably tonight so assuming Castlerahan appeal doesn't succeed draw for Quarters is:

Lacken v Cavan Gaels
    Kingscourt v Ramor
    Mullahoran v Ballinagh
    Cuchullainns v Killygarry

Kingscourt v Ramor and Mullahoran v Ballinagh should be good tight games. Lacken usually give the Gaels a decent game - not sure about the other game though. Haven't heard much about Cuchullainns this year and Killygarry have been poor in both games I've seen them play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

when will the appeal result be known?

when will the appeal result be known?

Not even sure that an appeal has been officially made yet. A load of announcements were made at last nights game about parents being responsible for their kids and not to have the running around the place which I don't recall before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bear on the square

An official appeal was launched yesterday. Fairly sure a replay will result. If the same scenario occurred at 9 minutes in the 2nd period of extra time would the full time whistle have been sounded? I'm fairly sure the answer is no so what's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Hearing from sources in the Castlerahan club, that they know that Cavan will turn the objection down, but they are 90% sure that Ulster Council will order a full replay; thus meaning Ballinagh & Mullahoran can't be play this w/e and Castlerahan / Mullahoran must get 4 days notice of re fixture.

Where it could get ugly is if the Cavan County board decided to appeal the ulster decision to croke park.

The whole thing is a mess. In my opinion it's not fair on Mullahoran. I'm not saying Castlerahan are to blame. I think the blame is with the county board. The championship is gonna have to be examined next year. Teams getting only few days rest, some teams can lose twice and using extra time eventually when it could have being used earlier. Cavan didn't have a good year and yet fixtures are being rushed. Perhaps go back to round robin and play a couple rounds early in year.

• Advertisement

manutd wrote: »
    Hearing from sources in the Castlerahan club, that they know that Cavan will turn the objection down, but they are 90% sure that Ulster Council will order a full replay; thus meaning Ballinagh & Mullahoran can't be play this w/e and Castlerahan / Mullahoran must get 4 days notice of re fixture.

Where it could get ugly is if the Cavan County board decided to appeal the ulster decision to croke park.

Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Going away from the lighting issue for a minute,
    It was very unfair on Castlerahan to have to play 3 games in a week full stop.
    How we have come about a situation whereby a senior club have to play 3 of their most important games of the year , in one week almost 2 months after the county has been knocked out is just a clear example of the absolute clusterf**k the county board has made of the club game this year.
    Ballinagh would have had to do the same too this week only for this objection.

It's already highly unlikely that the Ballinagh v Mullahoran game will be played this weekend. The whole thing is a mess now.

Not sure how the whole process works but if it went all the way to Croke Park it could take ages to sort out.

The whole thing is a mess. In my opinion it's not fair on Mullahoran. I'm not saying Castlerahan are to blame. I think the blame is with the county board. The championship is gonna have to be examined next year. Teams getting only few days rest, some teams can lose twice and using extra time eventually when it could have being used earlier. Cavan didn't have a good year and yet fixtures are being rushed. Perhaps go back to round robin and play a couple rounds early in year.

Implement the Quinn report would be the right thing to do in my opinion and then we might have decent championships at all levels in the county.

Is this possible?

Yes, any party involved can appeal a decision, incl County board.

Implement the Quinn report would be the right thing to do in my opinion and then we might have decent championships at all levels in the county.

The problem here is that clubs only care about themselves, not the county team or the standard of club football, it all about WIN WIN WIN. If we are keeping the same format for next year then relegate two teams. two weekends were wasted with the prem rounds this year.

manutd wrote: »
    The problem here is that clubs only care about themselves, not the county team or the standard of club football, it all about WIN WIN WIN. If we are keeping the same format for next year then relegate two teams. two weekends were wasted with the prem rounds this year.

It's nothing to do with win win win its more to do with the grading of clubs. There are clubs in Senior who will never win it but don't want to step down to Intermediate like wise there are clubs in Intermediate who should be in Junior. T

I agree that they don't care about the county team or the standard of football.

Relegation is a joke as-well sure any club who is relegated can go into the county board and look to be reinstated and then then the clubs vote on it.

Heard that appeal was thrown out last night and Mullahoran v Ballinagh is scheduled for 7:30 Sunday night - it's on the official Cavan Gaa website as such (wasn't there yesterday)

Heard that appeal was thrown out last night and Mullahoran v Ballinagh is scheduled for 7:30 Sunday night - it's on the official Cavan Gaa website as such (wasn't there yesterday)

Fixture was always there. Now has referee with it.

Lacken 0-11 Gaels 0-11 full-time. Yet another replay!!!

• Advertisement

Lacken 0-11 Gaels 0-11 full-time. Yet another replay!!!

And light stayed on. Meeting was tonight about appeal. No decision yet.

And light stayed on. Meeting was tonight about appeal. No decision yet.

Who was meeting??

Who was meeting??

County board Castlerahan and Mullahoran

County board Castlerahan and Mullahoran

county board latest tweet very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Match is postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Appeal to Ulster so

Appeal to Ulster so

Yep and no indication yet as to when they will meet. This will go all the way to Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Castlerahan have lost a couple of games prior to the Mullahorn game. Which they also lost. Seems like sour grapes to be appealing over the sake of a minute of play.

Also I think it should be pointed out that I have never, ever heard a club player, from any county, saying he was satisfied with the fixtures. It seems an impossible task for a county board.

Half time Senior Championship 1/4 final- Cuchullains 0-4 Killygarry 0-1 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Castlerahan have lost a couple of games prior to the Mullahorn game. Which they also lost. Seems like sour grapes to be appealing over the sake of a minute of play.

Also I think it should be pointed out that I have never, ever heard a club player, from any county, saying he was satisfied with the fixtures. It seems an impossible task for a county board.

Also very harsh that they had to play 3 games in 8 days

1 minutes play when losing by a point......any team would feel hard done by

Advertisement