Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toastmasters Galway

Options
  • 03-03-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Has anyone any experiences with Toastmasters in Galway? I've looked at the website but it's not got much information on what goes on during the meetings, what the age group that goes or how they help you with public speaking etc. There's no email address about it, just "come along to the meeting". Anyone been and can shed some light??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

pudgeydev wrote: »
    Has anyone any experiences with Toastmasters in Galway? I've looked at the website but it's not got much information on what goes on during the meetings, what the age group that goes or how they help you with public speaking etc. There's no email address about it, just "come along to the meeting". Anyone been and can shed some light??

I know they meet or met in the Menlo Park. I think once a month. Some people do not do email, which is why the website made not be the best.
    you get a topic and speak about it, sometimes sad, sometimes serious or humourous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

If Your looking for one give us a PM. i know one and will pass on your number to him

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Toastmasters is pretty much a franchise: if a group wants to be a TM club, they need to run it according to the manual. That means that what happens at the meetings in Galway is pretty similar to those in Oranmore, Tuam, Boston, Sydney etc. There are multiple speeches at each meeting, with members doing them in order to progress through a development manual.

Age group is probably 20s up, weighted a bit to the 30/40s, but with a few older too. Roughly folks who've found that the need to master public speaking in order to further their career, and assorted others.

Meetings are fortnightly. Dates are on the website, which has some info in the public area. There's more info in the members-only area - partly this is to protect the privacy of the members. Ditto the lack of an email address on the site: club officers don't necessarily want their private emails shared all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Agreed with JustMary here.
    I think you should go along and see.
    What have you got to lose?

Advertisement