Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario 3DS

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

So Nintendo unveiled a new Mario title for the 3DS at GDC yesterday. I haven't seen a thread for it yet in the forum.

195467-mario.jpg

While on stage Iwata drew peoples attention to the little tail attached to the logo. Looks like the Raccoon power up is back. When I first saw that I was hopeful it was going to be another 2D platformer like NSMBW but with plenty of elements taken from Mario Bros. 3.

I'm pretty disappointed to see that it is another 3D Mario game. It is being developed by the team that did the Galaxy games and I just don't enjoy the 3D Mario games as much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

A lot of people don't like the 3D mario games.
    They're harder due to the added difficulty of depth, but with 3D it should be just as good as 2D mario.
    3D mario isn't really my bag either, but they're still very good games.

smb3ds.jpg
    Non-Super Mario in a 3D Mario?! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

A new Mario title for the 3DS ... I'm pretty disappointed to see that it is another 3D Mario game.
    To be fair if they are developing a game for the 3DS it was always going to be 3D (the hint is in the name).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

It's far too early to tell if Mario 3DS is gonna be any use.
    At least the d-pad slider thingy is there because using the d-pad would suck monkey balls big time.
    It's also being developed by the same peoploe who made Galaxy and the controls were spot on in that game.
    Still though I would have loved a 2D platformer utilising the 3D depth for the platforming that would have been cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Irish Halo wrote: »
    To be fair if they are developing a game for the 3DS it was always going to be 3D (the hint is in the name).

Not necessarily. They could easily have done a side scrolling platformer but used the 3D to add great depth to the background or things in the foreground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Not necessarily. They could easily have done a side scrolling platformer but used the 3D to add great depth to the background or things in the foreground.

I would like to see at 2.5 D approach...similar to LBP. Traditional side scrolling gameplay though with play mechanics in the foreground and background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

Irish Halo wrote: »

Miyamoto confirmed both a few months back.
    We just have to wait a while.

Advertisement