Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey for Smart Phones Users :)

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey,

Im doing a project for college and we have decided to make a phone and we would like to get your response on the concept of our idea :)

The idea is to make a dual platform, or operating system phone ie a phone that could operate using both Android and Windows Mobile etc :)

The survey will only take 3 minutes to complete :)

Thank you :)

Edit:

Thanks so much for all your responses guys :D Ive gotten enough for my research :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully I don't think there is a market for dual mobile operating systems on a phone. The vast majority of users just want a phone that works and having to turn off a phone and reboot into a different OS just so you can use one aspect of the other OS would be a pain in the ass.

I know there are a few people here who have dual booting phones but in a good few cases that is generally more for the fun of putting a different OS on a phone that shouldn't be there, if the phone was to be sold with the 2 already on it would take the fun out of the project.

However if you were to go the route of the Atrix that has a different OS when put in a docking station and you were able to get XP as the alternate system you would probably have a much bigger market to target especially in the business market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Agree most people wouldnt know A to Z regarding phone stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I already have a dual-booting phone. HTC HD2. :D
    It can dual-boot WP7 & Android or WinMo & Android. :D

Advertisement