Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI giving up

• 03-03-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Something strange happened this evening. I uncabled the xbox while doing some tidying, but when I put it back together the HDMI refuses to work, but component works fine. I've tried two different cables, neither of which worked with the xbox, but both of which worked my laptop HDMI. Logic suggests the HDMI on the xbox is banjo'd. It's two years old so I imagine MS won't be too helpful (but I'll still give them a try).

Has anyone else seen this before? Some googling comes back with a few hits but not many. Did I just get unlucky?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Vic_Mackey wrote: »
    Something strange happened this evening. I uncabled the xbox while doing some tidying, but when I put it back together the HDMI refuses to work, but component works fine. I've tried two different cables, neither of which worked with the xbox, but both of which worked my laptop HDMI. Logic suggests the HDMI on the xbox is banjo'd. It's two years old so I imagine MS won't be too helpful (but I'll still give them a try).

Has anyone else seen this before? Some googling comes back with a few hits but not many. Did I just get unlucky?

I would love to hear peoples opinons on this too, happened to my dads xbox recently, doesnt bother him much but id like to get it sorted for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Vic_Mackey wrote: »
    ... but component works fine...... It's two years old so I imagine MS won't be too helpful (but I'll still give them a try).

You're right, MS are probably not going to help you. Best to stick with the component from now on. Offers pretty much the same quality as the HDMI.

This is the first time I've heard of this happening. I've had a HDMI cable stop working on me but that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

Oh ye of little faith!

MS got back to me and they're more then willing to help me
    for £100

Component view it is, until I get a fit of PS3 desire anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Trade it in against a slim they wont check if the hdmi works:p

Advertisement