Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heritage Spa Resort - Public Transport from Dub?

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I have to go to a weddding at the Heritage Golf and Spa Resort in Killenard in May (don't know area and not a confident driver) and just wondering which is the quickest way to go via public transport? which is the nearest town Portarlington or Monsterevin? the bus seems cheaper to Monsterevin but dont think it goes to Portarlington. The train to Portarlington more direct but there doesnt seem to be a bus service to/from Dublin only the train :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Portarlington would be closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Train to Portarlington, and a short taxi drive. Its very close to the station, about a 5min drive is all. So I would recommend that option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

budhabob wrote: »
    Train to Portarlington, and a short taxi drive. Its very close to the station, about a 5min drive is all. So I would recommend that option.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Get the Dublin - Limerick bus and stop/get out at Ballybrittas, and get a taxi from there. Its closer than Portarlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Having lived beside the Resort for many a year i would recommend getting the train to Portarlington and a taxi to the Heritage from there, its a 7 minute drive from one to the other and Portcabs operate 24 hours a day, you shouldn't be sharged more than €7/8 fare. No offence Mossin, but the road from Ballybrittas is crap, and taxi service from there is about the same. You could get the train to Portlaoise and then the town link to Killenard from there buyt the service is not hourly. I can PM you a few taxi numbers if you need them. Also, if you are a guest in the Heritage it may be worth asking if they can provide transport from/to the station, it is possible that a concierge may be able to pick you up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Taxi from the huge Taxi Rank at The Final Furlong yeah.....!?

Advertisement