Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadbant that allows hosting server from home?

• 03-03-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

hey, I have a server 'IBM X330' and I was wondering is there any broadband in Ireland that would allow and have a package to host server which means have high upload speeds? And not like super high costly. I am on smarttelecom now but they don't allow to host servers and their 'business package' costs way to much. And I have been 2 years with them so I can switch with no fines. SO any suggestions of good broadband to host server?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a Business package.

You also need a lot of security expertise.

It's cheaper to either rent virtual server in data center or put your server in a Data centre. Unless it's for private not public access it's pointless to do it at home as you can't get the speed and electricity as cheap as data centre.

Advertisement