Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good GP in the Newcastle/Westside area

Options
  • 03-03-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good GP in the Newcastle/Westside area of town. Someone who is good with small children would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

My GP that I've been going to since I was little is out that side of town, although it's in Seacrest in Knocknacarra. They're both female Doctors- Dr Mary Regan and Dr Mary Fitzgerald. There are always loads of kids in the waiting room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there's a GP in Moyola park who's name I forget. He's about 3 houses in on the left as you turn in off the newcastle road. Very nice man and very helpful.
    I lost my prescriptions a few months back went to him in a bit of a panic at the end of the business day and he sorted everything for me, did all the tests I needed (was on warfafin at the time which meant I needed an INR test to determine my dosage), he then phoned my neurologist is dublin to double check, filled out the scripts and sent me on my way.

I'd recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat.

I was actually recommend him by a friend who is a Doctor who works in letterkenny hospital and UH Galway and she uses him as her gp in Galway and has done for about 4 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The guys at the clinic right across from UCHG (beside Supermacs) are very good, with lots of experience with small children. Usually same or next day appointments with them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

I'd recommend the Kingston Medical Centre opposite Joyces in Knocknacarra. I find them really good - it's two docs - both quite young, a guy and a woman.

Best thing - you get quick appointments and they have a car park round the back so you're not parking on the street. It's awful handy.

And they're very nice and chatty. Don't appear jaded yet!

Advertisement