Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your advice please

• 04-03-2011 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I have to make a choice between geography or accounting by next week.Need to do one of these subjects at honours level,i am doing both subjects at honours at the moment injunior cert .Which subject would you suggest is the best choice from your experience for leaving cert.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

How do you find both at Junior Cert level? How you get on in that section of Business (if you take it) and Geography will indicate which would be the better route to take.

I take Geography and find it incredibly easy. It's a lot of waffle and a few stats and you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I only did Accounting so I can't say for Geography.

For Accounting, you have to be willing to work throughout the course to get a good grade. The quaestions are more about repeating the same types questions until you get better and faster. How are you on Trading, Profit & Loss a/c's and Balance Sheets? There's a lot of building on what you already know from them. Having a logical mind is good for Accounting for the working, thinking through the workings and trying to understand them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I do both and I would definitely go for Geography. A much easier subject. Less trick questions and room for error. A little bit of learning too but much less than Accountancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just going on my friends who do accounting, it seems like a very difficult subject. Unless you are very, very good at the accounting section at JC and are good at maths I'd stay away from it. Geography is good for points, its much easier to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Thanks for your help,i'm ok at the account side but as i will need to get points from this as i am doing pass in 3 others subjects think i will go with geography.Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Hey!
    I did Business for JC... Absolutely LOVED the accounts... but LC Accountancy got the better of me! Such a difficult course...

Geography on the other hand... I had to pick it up for LC (long story) and the only new thing the teacher said was Geoecology... she said everything else was covered in JC (if you were lucky to have it that is)... and I get high enough grades in it for it being a new subject to me and not doing any study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Without a doubt Geography.. I do both Accounting and Geography and it's much easier. I killed myself for the Christmas exam in Accounting and got 87%, did 0 for Geography and got 95%.. And there is WAY less learning in Geography in my opinion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

accounting is the subject of the devil!!!. Dont go near it. dont make the same mistake as me:D

Advertisement