Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband - thinks it's in Austria

• 04-03-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

I switched to UPC this week and since the change all computers in my house are defaulting to google.at, wikipedia.at, and so on...

Is this a router setting I can change, or am I way off and it's something else entirely?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

UPC seems to have changed the IP address's they are allocating to its customers.

Unfortunately for us most major websites seem to think these IP address's are registered to Austria and so they are redirecting us to their "local" versions of the site.

Nothing we can do at the moment unfortunately. We will have to wait until UPC switch back to the old IP's or the websites involved update their Geo-IP database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

Probably can't afford the few remaining Irish v4 IP's.
    (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Still getting this myself...have they not noticed...

Advertisement